Radiohead vs. Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mmm tough call. I often find Radiohead easier to admire than love and none of their albums really hit me, so to speak, whereas I'm still in love with Black Holes & Revelations. But I also think that their music (and Thom's singing) has more subtlety and shade whereas Muse can be somewhat one-note. Not that I don't love all that bombast and over-the-topness, but it can be tiring, too.

Radiohead. I do like Muse´s sound. Seems like what Radiohead would sound like if they had stayed on the same path of "The Bends". Hmmm, at the same point, Muse sounds a little like Radiohead meets Green Day.

Radiohead, they stand out more in a crowd. Though it'd be nice to hear them more on the radio, but since they want to fly under the radar, guess I can't complain.

I've gotten Muse and AFI songs confused, took me awhile to differentiate the 2, then I started focusing on the way the bass sounds, and Muse sound like they either have a synth bass, or their bass player puts his bass through some processsing, whereas AFI doesn't have that 'synth' kinda sound.

:shrug:

I like Thom's voice more as well.

What is AFI?

Also, how does Muse sound anything like Radiohead? Maybe on a slower, whining song or two, probably something off Absoultion (which I don't care for), but you're telling me Citizen Erased, Bliss, Assassin, that shit sounds like Radiohead?

Maybe Spaceship Radiohead On Crack, but not Radiohead.

Back
Top Bottom