Radiohead vs Coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Very simple. Just say which band you like better. You don't even have to put any explanation if you don't want to. Mods, please don't close this thread.

I myself think Radiohead is the better band.

Ok Computer
Kid A
Hail To The Thief
(among others)

:drool: :drool: :drool:

(I would have made this a poll but I'm not a premium member...)

what a fine example of an original poll question, I'm sure this generate only the highest level of intelligent, thoughtful conversation with a satisfying conclusion explained to both sides.

Coldplay

Radiohead suck

(after The Bends)

Personally, and I can understand why people would say Radiohead, I see the two types of music as completely different. You can however look forward to a thread of "Coldplay suck, they're Radiohead lite" and "Coldplay - they write beautiful songs". Personally I prefer the more basic sound of Coldplay, Radiohead make a far greater use of electronics, especially after The Bends, which is a style I, personally, am not fond of (unless it's Muse, they're forgiven).

Honestly, I never get why people ned to compare these two so much.

Radiohead. If Coldplay surprises me someday and releases an album on par with OK Computer I might reconsider my vote, but as things stand right now, I'm going with Radiohead.

namkcuR said:
Mods, please don't close this thread.

:lmao:

yes this is necessary..i dont understand why ur grammar thread was closed... not everyone understands and appreciates good and educative humor

coming to the topic..

Both RH and CP are excellent....but I would prefer "street spirits" over "clocks"... :drool: anyway

So RH for me...though I love CP as well

Radiohead, of course.
Musically superior in every aspect.

I like some Coldplay songs a lot.

But they're not in the same league with Radiohead. :heart:

djerdap said:
Radiohead, of course.
Musically superior in every aspect.

Most accurate post so far, I concur.

That being said, I also am a fan of Coldplay.

:huh: How can you compare these 2 bands?

Radiohead...
1. Six albums out so far
2. OK Computer hailed by fans and critics as one of the greatest albums of all-time.
3. Changed their sound dramatically but still managed to maintain a huge following.

Coldplay...
1. Two albums out, okay Three in June.
2. Both were very successful but I doubt if it was even close to the success of OK.
3. Havent really changed their sound much from what I've heard so far and are probably still growing.

Anyway........... judging by the songs I've listened to (which is not necessarily a good indicator), I prefer Radiohead.

:|

Coldplay

I might be more than a little biased though, since the only Radiohead songs I've heard are: Creep, We Suck Young Blood, The Gloaming, Fake Plastic trees, and Where I end and you begin.

Sleep Over Jack said:
I find them both to be utterly lifeless, sterile and soulless.

yeah but we're not comparing them to james brown.

Coldplay - I say this because although I am also a huge Radiohead fan, i'm very passive when it comes to some of their work (particularly their work since Amnesiac). It's hard to compare based on the difference in quantity of work, but I have throughly enjoyed everything I have heared by Coldplay.

Radiohead.

I'm shocked it's even a debate, but to each his own.

Coldplay..just.

But it's hard to compare a 6 album cult band with a 2 album band that has the privilege of mass radioplay.

Bends is overrated. OK Computer and HTTF are a lot better.

A rush of blood to the head is possibily the best album so far this century. (Competition comes from: Foo Fighters TINLTL, and U2's HTDAAB)

Back
Top Bottom