Radiohead vs Coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Radiohead, of course.

I'm writing this while I'm listening to Coldplay's "Parachutes" album.

Melon

RADIOHEAD dammit. i thought that was common knowledge.

why are we even talking about this? radiohead are far and above pretty much every band out there at the moment.

including U2 :ohmy:

:reject:

Sleep Over Jack said:
I find them both to be utterly lifeless, sterile and soulless.

get out.

Radiohead, hopefully X+Y will bring it to a nice balance though, Coldplay are a fantastic group.

blahblahblah said:

get out.

Radiohead, hopefully X+Y will bring it to a nice balance though, Coldplay are a fantastic group.

Prickly.

porcupines.jpg

Radiohead is incredibly overrated... :down: :down: :down:

I can't stand them... too depressing. Someone dragged me to a concert once, and I almost fell asleep.

Not my kind of band, definetly.

I love it, a band doesn't rely on catchy hooks yet gains popularity in spite of it and they're overrated.

namkcuR said:
I love it, a band doesn't rely on catchy hooks yet gains popularity in spite of it and they're overrated.

It all depends on how popular it is...

If you don't like this way... IN MY OPINION, they are overrated.

Without a breath of hessitation Radiohead.

"Ambition makes you look pretty ugly"

Coldplay is a different band with a different sound but there is no way they will ever EVER create something as beautiful as OK Computer which is one of the must have albums...

Everytime I hear Thom sing

"A job that slowly kills you bruises that won't heal"

I start to cry a little...utter beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The battle of the two of the biggest active bands in the world

i wouldnt want to put u2 in this category because they are past their prime, whereas coldplay and radiohead are in the genuine fight

oasis obviously didnt get their act together for their new record so its all down to radiohead v coldplay, i think coldplay will sell more records because chris martin has the contacts and whatever resources he wants to get his record out there, but radiohead have the special ability to make records that dont end up sitting on the shelf after people grab something new

CrashedCarDriver said:
The battle of the two of the biggest active bands in the world

i wouldnt want to put u2 in this category because they are past their prime, whereas coldplay and radiohead are in the genuine fight

oasis obviously didnt get their act together for their new record so its all down to radiohead v coldplay, i think coldplay will sell more records because chris martin has the contacts and whatever resources he wants to get his record out there, but radiohead have the special ability to make records that dont end up sitting on the shelf after people grab something new

Good point but even past their prime U2 are more relevant or better for that matter than coldplay. I hope U2 can make one "special" album with no holds barred... then say goodbye so that my band can take over worlddomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool:

Ok.

the fact that this keeps getting asked is friggin funny.

Radiohead are the most interesting band on the planet, and have created, one of, if not two of, the greatest albums ever released. Coldplay have released 1 good album (with only half the songs good.. Don't panic, Shiver.. Yellow).. and another album which has skyrocketed them to the rank of elevator "music gods". and they continue to decline...

anyways.. no contest Radiohead rules.. really up there with U2 (and are probably my fave right now)

:dance: Juuuuuuuuuuuuusttt... dooooooon't Leaaaaaaaaveee :dance:

Mr. MIKEphisto said:

:dance: Juuuuuuuuuuuuusttt... dooooooon't Leaaaaaaaaveee :dance:

Best. Post. Ever.

Radiohead are lightyears ahead of Coldplay right now. Yes, I do like Coldplay....but come on....is there even a contest?

The day Chris Martin writes a song with even 1/10 the quality, emotion, beauty, or grace of True Love Waits, is the day I might reconsider Martin's real songwriting capabilities.

Radiohead are artistically and musically superior in every way.

The comparison is a real joke. It's like comparing The Beatles to Matchbox 20 or something.

Back
Top Bottom