Radiohead vs Coldplay - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2005, 08:36 PM   #151
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1

Grenwood could never use his guitar like Weller.
That's the point, neither of these guitarist would want to try playing like the other. Weller is a traditionalist, greenwood is an experimentalist

Old 06-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #152
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap
actually I've heard all of illumination and some scattered other tracks.

I'm not saying he's bad...but I don't see where you get the brialliant guitarist thing from.
That's cause I never said that.

Old 06-10-2005, 08:43 PM   #153
ONE
love, blood, life

it was implied somewhere along the line

anyway
Old 06-11-2005, 07:37 AM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:21 AM
Radiohead vs Coldplay

Chocolate vs Rat Poison

Inventors vs Prentenders

Old 06-11-2005, 09:43 AM   #155
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil
Radiohead vs Coldplay

Chocolate vs Rat Poison

Inventors vs Prentenders

that's really what it comes down to, doesn't it?

and greenwood kicks balls in the 7unk, man.

Old 06-11-2005, 04:18 PM   #156
Refugee

Local Time: 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by XHendrix24

Well, as far as technique is concerned, the Smiths make most bands look like amateurs.

Absolutely fantastic songwriting in that group.
Oh dear, with a username like that I expected better taste. the Smiths are/were shite and no smart arse Gay Morrissey lyrics will ever change the fact that they were indeed shite. Radiohead and Coldplay are 2 great bands, one clearly inspired by the other. Just that Radiohead haven't released a truly great album since 1997's Ok Computer, Kid A was good but patchy as were Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief. Coldplay's latest album, after a week of listening, is very good indeed!
Old 06-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #157
ONE
love, blood, life

The Smith's are one of ther better bands of the 80's
Old 06-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #158
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap
The Smith's are one of ther better bands of the 80's
U just about said it all their, cos apart from U2, and Simple Minds maybe, the 80's were really shite for music unless you think Spandau ballet and Duran Duran were ground breaking artists.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:45 PM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:51 PM
smiths and the police are some of my favorite bands..who both happen to be from the 80s and both split up and both singers went off to make their own albums ... and though i do still like both morrissey's and sting's lyrics their actual music nowadays itself will never compare to the original band's...
especially without marr's guitarplaying....
or stewart copeland's drumming
Old 06-12-2005, 03:19 AM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
i wish this had been a real poll.

coldplay is nothing music. it is remarkable though, how they can create such a dull sound time and again. they haven't progressed at all, despite their album name being somewhat "daring".

honestly, all the talent that coldplay ammasses collectively doesn't even amount to a fraction that 7onny greenwood possesses.

in fact, coldplay's guitarist is really quite poor. he's adds "fills", he serves no purpose. coldplay is only marginally better than keane, and that my friends, is about as bad as gets when it comes to brit pop.

Whinge whinge whinge, get over it mate!

You hate coldplay, not the music, you hate the concept of coldplay. You're biased. I Can't take what you're saying seriously anymore.

By the way, here's my major problem with the anti-Coldplay sentiment that exists on this board.

It seems that this fact applies to when considering how good a band is:

"If a band isn't daring, then they are shit."

That's the bullshit theory that exists on this forum.

Once a band manages to generate some kind of mainstream appeal, they are thought of with negativity. That's a disgraceful way of forming opinions about bands.

The fact that Coldplay, an unfashionable band with an unfashionable lead singer unfashionable music for the 21st century, CAN generate some kind of mainstream appeal is quite admirable in this day and age.

I'm a big radiohead fan by the way. It's just I get the feeling there are some people who are letting their prejudices against Coldplay get in the way of deciphering whether a song sounds good or not.

Just because it's mainstream, doesn't make it bad. Anyone who has that opinion is a supercillious snobby tosspot
Old 06-12-2005, 10:39 AM   #161
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by elevation2u
smiths and the police are some of my favorite bands..who both happen to be from the 80s and both split up and both singers went off to make their own albums ... and though i do still like both morrissey's and sting's lyrics their actual music nowadays itself will never compare to the original band's...
especially without marr's guitarplaying....
or stewart copeland's drumming
Ahhh man don't mention The Police they were crap as was most of Stin'g solo efforts. He is the biggest pretensious arsehole out there. I remember him saying about Larry and Adams Mission Impossible theme version....."My 10yr old could have done better than that" or something like that....Sting was/is a nobhead!
Old 06-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #162
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

You hate coldplay, not the music, you hate the concept of coldplay. You're biased. I Can't take what you're saying seriously anymore.

By the way, here's my major problem with the anti-Coldplay sentiment that exists on this board.

Once a band manages to generate some kind of mainstream appeal, they are thought of with negativity. That's a disgraceful way of forming opinions about bands.

The fact that Coldplay, an unfashionable band with an unfashionable lead singer unfashionable music for the 21st century, CAN generate some kind of mainstream appeal is quite admirable in this day and age.

I'm a big radiohead fan by the way. It's just I get the feeling there are some people who are letting their prejudices against Coldplay get in the way of deciphering whether a song sounds good or not.

Just because it's mainstream, doesn't make it bad. Anyone who has that opinion is a supercillious snobby tosspot
Excellent post, agree 100%.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:49 PM   #163
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

you're right - it's not daring. but they said this album was going to be about them stretching their musical ability.

do you honestly think they have?

do you think if van gogh had painted sunflowers over and over...and over and over again, people would start to lose interest and call him a one trick pony?

exactly.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:58 PM   #164
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:51 AM
Coldplay have been trying to re-create U2's fourth studio album for their entire career to date, and thus far they haven't succeeded.

I think they should move on and choose a new direction.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:22 PM   #165
ONE
love, blood, life

thing is, apparently they've already done that.

it's 7ust that noone actually noticed.

Tags
coldplay, radiohead