radiohead unappreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

who is worse, wilco or radiohead?

• wilco

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • radiohead

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That explains a lot, though it amazes me any of those hooligans are able to figure out how to use a computer, let alone log onto a message board and actually post anything.

Oasis fans tend to have better things to do than be on the internet, that's why they ain't all that good at using computers......

Oasis fans tend to have better things to do than be on the internet, that's why they ain't all that good at using computers......

Fight each other in alley-ways after the local soccer match?

Last edited:
I don't like either but I confess I haven't heard much Wilco has done. I have never understood Radiohead's popularity. I saw them in concert once and I was bored out of my mind. Different strokes for different folks I guess. There are some people that hate U2 saying the exact same thing on the Radiohead board most likely! GASP! ;)

I used to like Oasis about a year or two ago, dunno what happened. Maybe I liked hearing the bands they blatantly rip off more than them and stuck with that?

Who knows?

Crackin'.

Last edited:
listening to violet hill by coldplay today, and i once again realised just how far they've progressed as a band.

this really sounds like their kid a, gang.

mobiles chirping mobiles qwirking
gwirk squirt blurp

Oasis is an enemy of art.

This is a great post, for the record. Interference is nothing if not self-referential. Well done, thy littlest of Bastards. Why, even Lance's Father approved.

Also, there is a poster on this site, who even posted in this thread, who somehow manages to never, not once, post something I agree with. Ever. It's astonishing. Might say something about me, might say something about them, or both of us, but, just wow.

This is a great post, for the record. Interference is nothing if not self-referential. Well done, thy littlest of Bastards. Why, even Lance's Father approved.

Also, there is a poster on this site, who even posted in this thread, who somehow manages to never, not once, post something I agree with. Ever. It's astonishing. Might say something about me, might say something about them, or both of us, but, just wow.

Why thank you, sir.

I think I know who you're referring to.

Oasis is not the enemy of art.

Oasis is a reinterpretation of old art, and they transform the old art into something more exciting and exhillarating than what the old art could ever hope to be.

Andy Warhol didn't design the Campbell's soup can he painted, yet you don't see the artistic elites saying he is anti-art for copying something already done.

Was a comparison between Oasis and Andy Warhol just made?

You honestly think (What's the Story) Morning Glory? is a more exciting album than The Beatles' Revolver or Sgt. Pepper?

Was a comparison between Oasis and Andy Warhol just made?

You honestly think (What's the Story) Morning Glory? is a more exciting album than The Beatles' Revolver or Sgt. Pepper?

I prefer (What's The Story) Morning Glory? as an album overall, but I can accept that Revolver and Pepper are more exciting. "Officially" more exciting, if you like.

Mind you, an often overlooked reality is that if you give someone who doesn't know anything about the history of pop music copies of Revolver and Morning Glory, and they play them one after the other, they are more likely to have their mind blown by Morning Glory just due to sonic advancements in the 30 year gap between the recording of the albums. That's just fact. Revolver and Pepper's excitability is more due to the impact the albums had in their contemporary setting, even though they are fucking phenomenal in their own right today anyway.

But I have to prefer Morning Glory overall not just for the mindblowingness of the songs, but also a very personal nostalgic, feel-good experience it gives me, and I share an affinity with Oasis.....

Who is it?

Mind you, an often overlooked reality is that if you give someone who doesn't know anything about the history of pop music copies of Revolver and Morning Glory, and they play them one after the other, they are more likely to have their mind blown by Morning Glory just due to sonic advancements in the 30 year gap between the recording of the albums. That's just fact.

I find this to be a tad ridiculous because Morning Glory is horribly produced. It sounds so muddy.

Beyond that, Revolver has Tomorrow Never Knows, which is one of the most exciting tracks of the era from a sonic point of view.

why is that astonishing?
I never agree with 80% of the people here

which I fully attribute to how far up their own arse they are

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom