radiohead unappreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

who is worse, wilco or radiohead?

• wilco

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • radiohead

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
both bands make music that sounds forced to me
(I did add "to me" on purpose)
i can't connect with it no matter how much chances i give these bands

i owned Yankee Hotel Foxtrot but got rid of it
it bored me so much that I just never played it
whenever Radiohead releases a new album I try it out
but it just doesn't connect with me

I hear people labouring on lyrics, loops and clever touches
it's not for me

Hey, I have a new shirt for you:

ex_chrishansen.jpg

You guys are aware that 'overrated' is nothing but a way of saying that 'other people have opinions that differ with mine', right?

Just wanted to be sure.

You guys are aware that 'overrated' is nothing but a way of saying that 'other people have opinions that differ with mine', right?

Just wanted to be sure.
actually, no
stuff is overrated because some people turn a blind eye to some obvious facts

like Aphex Twin being the only artist worth mentioning the last 20 years
:up:

I bought my own copy of Kid A yesterday and felt really embarrassed about it. I didn't want anyone to know but now I am telling the world.

Why would you be embarrassed? It's the bread and butter of any hipster worth his salt.

Oh wait, I think I answered my own question there.

In all fairness, I have to say that Amnesiac is a pretty poor album, going by Radiohead's lofy standards.

Really bland in some areas, although I Might Be Wrong, Pulk/Pull, Pyramid and Spinning Plates are all very fine songs, but there is some downright mediocrity on the disc, Life In A Glass House, Packt Like Sardines, Morning Bell/Amnesiac and the turgid Knives Out (it's only saving grace is it's lyrics).

Hard to believe these songs were written during the same sessions as the classics from the Kid A masterpiece, and that Fog, Kinetic and Cutooth never made it onto an album.

Never cared much for Life In A Glass House, or the terrible studio version of Like Spinning Plates for that matter (it's a completely different story in a live setting). However, Packt Like Sardines and Morning Bell/Amnesiac are very good. I would say Amnesiac is pretty good, even to Radiohead's high standards. There are just a few more bad experiments than usual.

Life in a Glass House mediocre? Highly dubious.

Yeah, it's one of my favorite songs of theirs. I will agree that it's their weakest other than Pablo Honey, however, no matter how much I love Glasshouse, Pyramid Song, or You and Whose Army? The latter two were astounding live.

Amnesiac is my third favorite album from the Radio Heads, behind the obvious two.

Amnesiac is my third favorite album from the Radio Heads, behind the obvious two.

And it's my second favourite, sandwiched between the obvious two.

I don't think there's anything mediocre about Amnesiac whatsoever.

Knives Out must have been their worse single yet though
usually their singles only start to bore me the 6th time I hear them

Knives Out must have been their worse single yet though
usually their singles only start to bore me the 6th time I hear them

I have a soft spot for Knives Out... It was the song that introduced me to Radiohead, way back in 2001 when MTV actually played music videos.

or the terrible studio version of Like Spinning Plates for that matter.

You gotta be kidding....that song is incredible in thr studio, especially the vocal-less opening 2 minutes.....amazing. Thumps beautifully against yer eardrums, it's a song you feel as opposed to hear. Incredible tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom