Radiohead to begin album recordings in 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
http://www.ateaseweb.com/news/archive/001071.php

Radiohead are planning to start recording the follow-up to 'HTTT' in 2005, but is unlikely that we'll hear from the band at all until that time. The band have revealed that they will take a complete break from recording and touring commitments for the rest of 2004 but deny that the next record will show such a marked change in direction as ?Kid A?.

Drummer Phil Selway told NME: ?We have no plans at the moment- we just want some clear time not thinking about music and not really thinking about what we?re going to do next. We?ve got to rest everything.?

He explained: ?We?ve just had a very intense period of recording and touring. We?ve got to not so much rethink everything but just come back to it with the right motivation. We?re very keen to get back together and make music together, but as and when we don?t yet know?.

Talking about a possible change in direction, Selway said: ?We?d reached a point at the end of OK Computer where we were sick of that approach to song writing and we needed time away from it. We don?t think we feel that way now.?

He continued: ?I don?t think we need to knock down what we?ve done before and completely reinvent ourselves but at the same time we need to improve as musicians, we need new material, and to try arrangement ideas?.

Also, in that same NME in a short Q&A with DJ Shadow.
Q-When you were recording with U.N.K.L.E, did Thom Yorke tell you any jokes?
A- ?Well, there was one time when he was really laughing at James Lavelle and I because we were both filming each other filming him do the vocals. Since then my footage was stolen from Manchester- I was on tour and someone stole my camcorder including six months of tape. I?m sure the tapes went straight in the bin, too.?

:up:

Wonderful news. You know that there was a rumor about a Radiohead break-up? I didn't buy it.

u2popmofo said:
Karma police
Arrest this man
He talks in maths

he buzzes like a fridge
he's like a detuned radiooooo.

this is what you get when you mess with heads.

Elvis Presley said:
I thought they would only be releasing EPs from now on....

I heard they just hate anything doing with "EP".....who can blame them????!!!

:wink:

PS - Oh go and tell the King that the sky is falling in, when it's not

Excellent news, although I do hope they take a bit of time on it. Finishing it fast would mean touring in 2005 and that would conflict with my U2 plans. :wink:

I'm sure you could do both

besides I wouldn't hold my breathe for anything U2, I think they exist in a different time dimension

In the last month or so, I've really discovered Radiohead. I don't know what happened, because their music always seemed so boring to me. Then, all of a sudden something clicked and I can't stop listening to them.

Back
Top Bottom