Radiohead Survivor - Pablo Honey - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• You

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Creep

• How Do You?

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Stop Whispering

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Thinking About You

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anyone Can Play Guitar

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Ripcord

• Vegetable

• Prove Yourself

• I Can't

• Lurgee

• Blow Out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
The complete Interference RH LP ranking is as follows:

1.OK Computer
2.Kid A
3.The Bends
4.In Rainbows
5.Amnesiac
6.Hail To The Thief
7.Pablo Honey

Based on this ranking, OKC, Kid A, and The Bends will each send three songs to the final draw, IR, Amnesiac, and HTTT will each send two songs to the final draw, and PH will send one song to the final draw.

With that, we start the PH draw.

Vote Count:
33 - Kid A
10 - Ok Computer
Total: 43

How Do You will get all the votes, so I'll take Anyone Can Play Guitar. That's a bad song. Really bad. :|

phanan said:
It's been so long since I listened to this.

Same here. I'm going to have to take a few days to decide. When is the voting cutoff?

I really don't want to have to listen to this again apart from a few tracks. :|

Lurgee, Thinking About You, and Stop Whispering are the standouts here, methinks. Creep is good, but I really dig those tracks more.

How Do You is really bad... but I have a hard time remembering the songs. Haven't heard it in ages.

phanan said:
It's been so long since I listened to this. I guess I'll give it a spin tonight.

Originally posted by u2popmofo Same here. I'm going to have to take a few days to decide. When is the voting cutoff?

At least I'm in excellent company.

I'm traveling until Friday so I may miss out on this vote; hopefully not the others, though. :mad:

I've listened to this album a few times now, but mostly it still sounds like Creep / The Rest of the Album to me. (I am liking Blow Out, which is playing at the moment.)

I'll probably wait to vote until tomorrow morning to see how others are voting.

LemonMelon said:
. . . . so I'll take Anyone Can Play Guitar. That's a bad song. Really bad. :|

:yes:

I find the big, bombastic songs on this album the worst! :yuck: (With the exception of "Blow Out" which, IMHO, is the best song off this album! :drool: )

I've listened to this album twice today and it's really not that bad . . . . not great, but not bad. Just some fun Brit-Pop (moreso than any other RH album). I remember why I fell in love with RH in the first place back in high school. The filler songs are fun . . . . just breezy fun . . . . and those aren't adjectives I often use to describe RH! :lol:

How Do You? is not a great song by any stretch of the imagination, but I find it more fun, bouncy and less bloated and pretentious than "You" or "Anyone Can Play Guitar" . . .

. . . . so my vote this round went to "You".

Last edited:
SeattleVertigo said:
I've listened to this album a few times now, but mostly it still sounds like Creep / The Rest of the Album to me.

:lol: I'm listening to it now while I pack and am having the same experience.

Pablo Honey is the only Radiohead album where I haven't heard all the tunes, and judging from the love it gets around here, I don't think I'm missing much.

Going to stay out of this till The Bends - please rig up lots of ties during this draw.

Yeah I agree that the album is not awful. Some weak tunes like How Do You and Vegetable but there is good stuff too like Stop Whispering, Lurgee, Blow Out, Creep and Thinking About You!

How Do You for now.

Never bothered with this album, I've kinda worked backwards in listening to R-Head stuff, and with The Bends being such an underwhelming CD, I never felt any need or desire to listen to Pablo Honey....

So I'll seeya at Round Bends.

Zootlesque said:
Yeah I agree that the album is not awful. Some weak tunes like How Do You and Vegetable but there is good stuff too like Stop Whispering, Lurgee, Blow Out, Creep and Thinking About You!

How Do You for now.

You also talked me into How Do You, that's one of the few I instantly remember not caring for.

Who the hell wants to slog through all this crap? This album has like 2 or 3 good songs and doesn't even deserve to be included in this poll. Couldn't we have just pulled the obvious standout tracks and called it a day?

Wake me up when it's time to either prevent Lurgee from getting eliminated or proclaim it the winner.

See you in a week.

Anyone Can Play Guitar gets my vote. That chorus is awful. Truly awful.

Oh, You (musically) and Blow Out are masterpieces. There are tunes here that are much better than Creep IMHO.

Still, about half of the songs are really subpar.

Ah, the troubadour days...:cute: It was all downhill after Jonny got the Black Death in 1387. Never quite the same.

Remember that song about the Anti-Pope and the Byzantines? That one had a pretty killer hurdy-gurdy riff :rockon:

DaveC said:

Remember that song about the Anti-Pope and the Byzantines? That one had a pretty killer hurdy-gurdy riff :rockon:

2+2=A Cardinal Sin to Compute By Mandate of the Church ?

My favourite off that album had to be "Joust"...the video with the peasant lying in the town square was so cool, but I wish I knew what the Duke's herald was saying :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom