Radiohead Survivor - OK Computer - Semifinal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Airbag

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Paranoid Android

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Exit Music(For A Film)

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Let Down

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Karma Police

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Lucky was eliminated last round.

Vote Count:
20 - Lucky
9 - Let Down
5 - Exit Music(For A Film)
3 - Airbag, Karma Police
1 - Paranoid Android
Total: 41

Songs Already Eliminated:
27.Lucky
26.Subterranean Homesick Alien
25.No Surprises
=23.The Tourist
=23.Climbing Up The Walls
22.Electioneering
21.Fitter Happier
20.High And Dry
19.Black Star
18.(Nice Dream)
=16.Just
=16.Planet Telex
15.Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was
14.Bones
13.My Iron Lung
12.Sulk
11.Creep
10.Stop Whispering
9.Thinking About You
8.You
7.Lurgee
=5.Prove Yourself
=5.Anyone Can Play Guitar
=1.How Do You?
=1.Ripcord
=1.Vegetable
=1.I Can't

Album Ranking/Weighting
1.OKC - 3 Songs in the final draw
2.Kid A - 3 Songs in the final draw
3.The Bends - 3 Songs in the final draw - The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit(Fade Out)
4.In Rainbows - 2 songs in the final draw
5.Amnesiac - 2 songs in the final draw
6.HTTT - 2 songs in the final draw
7.Pablo Honey - 1 song in the final draw - Blow Out
8.MIL, A/HAID, and CL EPs as well as IR-Disc 2 - 2 songs each in the final draw
9.Two misc b-sides draws - 3 songs each in the final draw
Total: 30 songs in the final draw

Let Down again. Exit Music is the most beautiful song on the album and you're all voting it off.

The end of Exit Music gets me, but the rest of the song is fairly meh.

The other 4 are perfect all the way around.

the tourist said:
Let Down again. Exit Music is the most beautiful song on the album and you're all voting it off.

I prefer Let Down over Exit Music for a thousand times. Let Down is much more inspired and imaginative. Exit Music can be boring sometimes because it doesn't developp although that key-change in the middle.

LemonMacPhisto said:
The end of Exit Music gets me, but the rest of the song is fairly meh.

Yep. The climax is incredible and kept me from voting it off sooner. But it's time is here.

^No it's not. It's underrated because of being an hit single. It has a very beautiful melody, production and I prefer by miles the more simple (but meaningful) Karma Police lyrics.

It does have a beautiful melody and production and all that stuff... As I said it's a great song

I just hold Radiohead to a VERY high standard cause they have so many mind blowing songs... I appreciate it and don't skip it when it comes on but It doesn't make me feel like their other classics do...

And I only voted for Exit Music to try to ensure Let Down moves on... both of these songs I feel are "mind blowing"

Last edited:
We might as well just end the competition now. Let Down is apparently Radiohead's version of One. The song I just cannot understand the popularity for.

the tourist said:
We might as well just end the competition now. Let Down is apparently Radiohead's version of One. The song I just cannot understand the popularity for.

It's a chemical reaction. :shrug:

I am disappointed in Interference's judgements where the OKC songs are concerned. Airbag is incredible, but it's being quite overrated. The last third of Paranoid Android is absolutely breathtaking, but first two thirds are just ok, imo. I can't see why 1/3 of a song should make it quite this far. I was appalled at the early exit of Climbing Up The Walls, and I am possibly even more appalled at the(what looks very likely now) elimination of Exit Music(For A Film). I can only chalk it up to impatience...that is, people not wanting to wait through the 3 minute build to the climax. But it's one of RH's most brilliant works and it breaks my heart that you people are letting it go.

The final 3 should have been Exit Music, Let Down, and Climbing.

:(

Why is Exit Music losing? I cannot understand this.

We hope that you choke. :mad:

namkcuR said:

Seriously. This is Exit Music we're talking about. Probably the most emotionally moving Radiohead song ever written. It's the only one that can consistently bring me to tears. It's absolutely beautiful. The climax at the end is unreal.

...And it has the majority of the votes in this round? I don't get it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom