Radiohead Survivor - OK Computer - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Airbag

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Paranoid Android

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Subterranean Homesick Alien

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Exit Music(For A Film)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Let Down

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Karma Police

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No Surpises

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Lucky

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"of all these weird creatures
who lock up their spirits,
drill holes in themselves
and live for their secrets. "

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Zootlesque said:
transport, motorways and tramlines
starting and then stopping
taking off and landing

:combust:

You know, you know where you are with,
you know where you are with,
floor collapsing, falling, bouncing back
and one dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I'm gonna grow wings,

:drool: :drool:

No Surprises took me a little while to get into, but now I love it. That little step up towards the end where the song picks up just so slightly, but enough to really cause it to plow forward. This album is genius. No wonder they all snapped and started making weird noises for the next ten years.

When I saw them play in 2001, when Exit Music started, it got dead silent and the guy in front of me said, "It's like church," and he was totally right.

Last edited:
Let Down. It's always been my least favourite. I even like Fitter Happier better.

Just a heads up - there won't be a new thread tomorrow, and there may not be a new thread on Wednesday either(up in the air) because I'm going up to Cleveland to see the Rock Hall of Fame.

namkcuR said:
Just a heads up - there won't be a new thread tomorrow, and there may not be a new thread on Wednesday either(up in the air) because I'm going up to Cleveland to see the Rock Hall of Fame.

They don't have computers in Cleveland? :tsk:

:wink:

namkcuR said:

Why would you want to go there? :tsk:

John Mellencamp is there. :tsk:

I'm surprised people like Let Down as much as they do. It was kind of a ... heh ... let down to me.

the tourist said:
I'm surprised people like Let Down as much as they do.

Yeah, me too. I thought it was almost universally regarded as one of the weakest songs on OK Computer, after Fitter Happier of course.

the tourist said:
I'm surprised people like Let Down as much as they do. It was kind of a ... heh ... let down to me.

I'm surprised that people think this.

Everyone I've ever discussed OK Computer with has always mentioned Let Down and Airbag as the best songs on the album. I thought that was the popular opinion.

the tourist said:

no . :wink:

Let Down is regarded as one of the best tracks on OK Computer.

It always comes up high in top 20 lists.

1. Paranoid Android
2. How To Disappear Completely
3. Idioteque
4. Let Down
5. Pyramid Song
6. Street Spirit (Fade Out)
7. Fake Plastic Trees
8. There There (Boney King of Nowhere)
9. Everything In its Right Place
10. Karma Police
11. Exit Music (For a Film)
12. Reckoner
13. Nude
14. Lucky
15. 2+2=5 (The Lukewarm)
16. No Surprises
17. Climbing Up The Walls
18. Airbag
19. National Anthem
20. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
21. Jigsaw Falling Into Place

not that it matters... :wink:

Nothing will ever surprise me as much as the love for How to Disappear. Boring, boring, boring, not even close to one of their better ballads.

You call that a chorus?

lazarus said:
Nothing will ever surprise me as much as the love for How to Disappear. Boring, boring, boring, not even close to one of their better ballads.

You call that a chorus?

I'm not here...this isn't happening . :no:

:drool:

I suppose Let Down probably seems a little too lightweight, trivial and cruisy, if you compare it with the extraordinary and truly out-there sound of some of the other songs (Paranoid, Exit Music, No Surprises, Lucky) which aren't necessarily better songs, just more memorable and left-field

intedomine said:
I suppose Let Down probably seems a little too lightweight, trivial and cruisy, if you compare it with the extraordinary and truly out-there sound of some of the other songs (Paranoid, Exit Music, No Surprises, Lucky) which aren't necessarily better songs, just more memorable and left-field

How is "Lucky" considered left-field? It seems like a pretty straight-forward verse, chorus, verse, chorus, guitar solo, chorus song to me.

:scratch:

FitzChivalry said:
Everyone I've ever discussed OK Computer with has always mentioned Let Down and Airbag as the best songs on the album. I thought that was the popular opinion.

Yeah I thought so too. :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom