Radiohead Survivor - My Iron Lung EP - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• The Trickster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lewis(Mistreated)

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Permanent Daylight

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Lozenge Of Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Never Wash Up After Yourself

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi was eliminated last round. This means that All I Need and Reckoner have advanced to the final draw.

This concludes the LP portion of the competition, and we will now be moving onto the EP/B-Sides portion of the competition, starting with My Iron Lung.

Vote Count:
23 - Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
15 - Reckoner
5 - All I Need
Total: 43

Songs Already Eliminated:
65.Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
64.Nude
63.Bodysnatchers
62.15 Step
61.Jigsaw Falling Into Place
60.House Of Cards
59.Videotape
58.Faust Arp
57.Where I End And You Begin(The Sky Is Falling In)
56.2+2=5(The Lukewarm)
55.Go To Sleep(Little Man Being Erased)
54.Backdrifts(Honeymoon Is Over)
53.Sit Down. Stand Up.(Snakes And Ladders)
52.Myxamatosis(Judge, Jury & Executioner)
51.Sail To The Moon(Brush The Cobwebs Out Of The Sky)
50.A Punch Up At A Wedding(No No No No No No No No)
49.Scatterbrain(As Dead As Leaves)
48.I Will(No Man's Land)
47.The Gloaming(Softly Open Our Mouths In The Cold)
46.We Suck Young Blood(Your Time Is Up)
45.You And Whose Army
44.Knives Out
=42.Life In A Glass House
=42.Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box
41.Like Spinning Plates
40.Morning Bell/Amnesiac
39.Dollars & Cents
38.Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
37.Hunting Bears
36.The National Anthem
35.Optimistic
34.Morning Bell
33.In Limbo
32.Kid A
31.Motion Picture Soundtrack
30.Treefingers
29.Karma Police
28.Exit Music(For A Film)
27.Lucky
26.Subterranean Homesick Alien
25.No Surprises
=23.The Tourist
=23.Climbing Up The Walls
22.Electioneering
21.Fitter Happier
20.High And Dry
19.Black Star
18.(Nice Dream)
=16.Just
=16.Planet Telex
15.Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was
14.Bones
13.My Iron Lung
12.Sulk
11.Creep
10.Stop Whispering
9.Thinking About You
8.You
7.Lurgee
=5.Prove Yourself
=5.Anyone Can Play Guitar
=1.How Do You?
=1.Ripcord
=1.Vegetable
=1.I Can't

Album Ranking/Weighting
1.OKC - 3 songs in the final draw - Airbag, Paranoid Android, Let Down
2.Kid A - 3 songs in the final draw - Everything In Its Right Place, How To Disappear Completely, Idioteque
3.The Bends - 3 songs in the final draw - The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit(Fade Out)
4.In Rainbows - 2 songs in the final draw - All I Need, Reckoner
5.Amnesiac - 2 songs in the final draw - Pyramid Song, I Might Be Wrong
6.HTTT - 2 songs in the final draw - There There(The Boney King Of Nowhere), A Wolf At The Door(It Girl. Rag Doll.)
7.Pablo Honey - 1 song in the final draw - Blow Out
8.My Iron Lung EP - 2 songs in the final draw
9.Airbag/How Am I Driving? EP - 2 songs in the final draw
10.Com Lag EP - 2 songs in the final draw
11.In Rainbows Bonus Disc - 2 songs in the final draw
12.Misc B-sides draw #1 - 3 songs in the final draw
13.Misc B-sides draw #2 - 3 songs in the final draw
Total: 30 songs in the final draw

I haven't made up my mind yet as to how many songs each EP will get to send to the final draw.

I definitely understand where those of you who think they should only send one each are coming from...that I'm putting them 'on par'(as some of you put it) with Amnesiac/HTTT/IR, and that the third best song on any of them might be better than the second best on any of the EPs, etc.

However, by putting the EPs 'on par' with those three LPs, all I'm really saying is that the EPs are all better than Pablo Honey, which I think most of us can agree with.

I think OKC/Kid A/Bends getting to send three songs each and Amnesiac/HTTT/IR getting to send two songs each is a fair remedy for the problem of the best song on lesser records making it while the second/third best song on better records doesn't. I am not convinced that we need to punish the EPs and other non-album tracks to remedy it further.

I also wanted the total number of songs in the final draw to be an even 30, and changing the number of songs the EPs can send will change that number as well...but that's just really a petty personal preference, I suppose.

But still, I outlined all of this in the intro/master list thread for this competition way back in November, and nobody objected to the EPs sending two songs each back then, but now all of a sudden a few people came out in the last few threads raising these objections. I understand where they're coming from, but I'm still inclined to keep the numbers as they are.

That said, I haven't made a decision yet, and we can do a few rounds of this first EP before a decision HAS to be made.

Personally, I think it should be one apiece. The final draw is going to be long enough as it is, and picking 2 out of 7 songs for it would be a bit silly.

Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong or

Permanent Daylight should win.

these two are great great B-Sides. :drool: :drool:

"the easiest way to sleep at night is to
carry on believing that i don't exist"

:drool: :drool:

LemonMelon said:

Nobody knows these songs. :( Me included.

Then listen to them. If you don't have them, I'd be happy be to hook you up with a zip file with all of the b-sides in it...just leave your e-mail address if you're interested.

namkcuR said:

Then listen to them. If you don't have them, I'd be happy be to hook you up with a zip file with all of the b-sides in it...just leave your e-mail address if you're interested.

I already have a couple of discs filled with these. I'll break it out in the morning and get my vote in. It's my duty as a fan. :wink:

namkcuR said:

I would like to request the acoustic version of "Lift" and any other versions of it if it ain't too much trouble sumtin2stupid@aim.com

They better release it some day...

And this is the only EP I haven't really sat down and listened to...

HolyMeximofoJoe said:

I would like to request the acoustic version of "Lift" and any other versions of it if it ain't too much trouble sumtin2stupid@aim.com

They better release it some day...

And this is the only EP I haven't really sat down and listened to...

I don't have lift...it's not an official b-side. Sorry.

Do you have these My Irong Lung tracks?

LemonMelon said:
Personally, I think it should be one apiece. The final draw is going to be long enough as it is, and picking 2 out of 7 songs for it would be a bit silly.

I'd also add that, realistically, the b-sides aren't likely to last very long in the final round anyway. We're just adding to the stuff that's going to go early. Aside from Gagging Order, I can't see anything competing with the classics we've chosen.

Something else to think about, and namkcuR, I appreciate your willingness to reconsider the matter.

namkcuR said:

I've been voting in all these polls (good fun, even for a lurker like me), but I don't have any of the EP's. I'd greatly appreciate the zip file.

dustybot@gmail.com

I've got the EPs except for Com Lag. But could I get the rest of the B-Sides? I'm especially interested in having Rabbit In Your Headlights again as I lost it when my computer crashed. ostentatioustourist@hotmail.com Thanks!

And Lewis Mistreated is in the lead? For shame.

Tourist, I'll send you the zip, but Rabbit In Your Headlights isn't in it...it's not an official b-side as far as I know...it's certainly not listed on greenplastic.com.

namkcuR said:
Tourist, I'll send you the zip, but Rabbit In Your Headlights isn't in it...it's not an official b-side as far as I know...it's certainly not listed on greenplastic.com.

Hey thanks. I think that Rabbit In Your Headlights was actually a DJ Shadow song featuring Thom Yorke now that I think about it more closely.

Permanent Daylight and Lewis Mistreated are the best two songs on the EP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom