Radiohead Survivor - Kid A - Semifinal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Everything In Its Right Place

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • The National Anthem

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • How To Disappear Completely

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Optimistic

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Idioteque

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Morning Bell was eliminated last round.

Vote Count:
17 - Morning Bell
8 - The National Anthem
4 - Optimistic
2 - How To Disappear Completely
1 - Idioteque
Total: 32

Songs Already Eliminated:
34.Morning Bell
33.In Limbo
32.Kid A
31.Motion Picture Soundtrack
30.Treefingers
29.Karma Police
28.Exit Music(For A Film)
27.Lucky
26.Subterranean Homesick Alien
25.No Surprises
=23.The Tourist
=23.Climbing Up The Walls
22.Electioneering
21.Fitter Happier
20.High And Dry
19.Black Star
18.(Nice Dream)
=16.Just
=16.Planet Telex
15.Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was
14.Bones
13.My Iron Lung
12.Sulk
11.Creep
10.Stop Whispering
9.Thinking About You
8.You
7.Lurgee
=5.Prove Yourself
=5.Anyone Can Play Guitar
=1.How Do You?
=1.Ripcord
=1.Vegetable
=1.I Can't

Album Ranking/Weighting
1.OKC - 3 Songs in the final draw - Airbag, Paranoid Android, Let Down
2.Kid A - 3 Songs in the final draw
3.The Bends - 3 Songs in the final draw - The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit(Fade Out)
4.In Rainbows - 2 songs in the final draw
5.Amnesiac - 2 songs in the final draw
6.HTTT - 2 songs in the final draw
7.Pablo Honey - 1 song in the final draw - Blow Out
8.MIL, A/HAID, and CL EPs as well as IR-Disc 2 - 2 songs each in the final draw
9.Two misc b-sides draws - 3 songs each in the final draw
Total: 30 songs in the final draw

Those of you who really think Optimistic and especially the utterly gorgeous How To Disappear Completely both deserve to be eliminated while The National Anthem deserves to advance to the final draw...I have only one thing to say: :tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

The National Anthem barely deserves to be mentioned in the same breath with these other songs.

Because it's an awesome clusterfuck of noise while the other two aren't as good.

They're all great, but that track's better.

I hope those two don't tie and let Disappear into the final 3.

This whole "strategic voting" thing is bullshit. Vote for whatever song you dislike the most at that time. Maybe I'm offbase here.

LemonMacPhisto said:
This whole "strategic voting" thing is bullshit. Vote for whatever song you dislike the most at that time. Maybe I'm offbase here.

No you're right. :wink: Strategic voting IS bullshit... and unfair too. I do it for fun sometimes. :p

The National Anthem. Ordinarily, I would choose Idioteque, but Optimistic is freaking awesome and I want it to stick around.

Zootlesque said:

No you're right. :wink: Strategic voting IS bullshit... and unfair too. I do it for fun sometimes. :p

Then you're in the right. :wink:

As long as Idioteque and Everything in Its Right Place make it, really.

The National Anthem deserves to go through.

For once, I'm in complete disagreement with LMP. Optimistic, HTDC, and Everything In Its Right Place should all move on. :up:

The thing about this album though is that, strong as the songs are separately, they're nothing without one another. For instance, EITRP is kind of weak sauce without Kid A following it up. :slant:

That's why it's ridiculous for this album to have 3 songs advance while In Rainbows has 2.

Sure, Kid A may be the "better album," but there are few songs that top Jigsaw, Weird Fishes, All I Need, 15 Step, and Reckoner... and I think only Idioteque and The National Anthem are the only single-song contenders that may be better than those songs.

But like everything else I say, it's opinion.

Kid A coming out in '00 is a fact, but it being the best album ever is an opinion.

LemonMacPhisto said:
there are few songs that top Jigsaw, Weird Fishes, All I Need, 15 Step, and Reckoner

Take Reckoner out and I agree with that. :wink: Still... Kid A is freaking Kid A. Every song on Kid A is still higher than every song on Rainbows for me.

LemonMacPhisto said:
That's why it's ridiculous for this album to have 3 songs advance while In Rainbows has 2.

Sure, Kid A may be the "better album," but there are few songs that top Jigsaw, Weird Fishes, All I Need, 15 Step, and Reckoner... and I think only Idioteque and The National Anthem are the only single-song contenders that may be better than those songs.

But like everything else I say, it's opinion.

Kid A coming out in '00 is a fact, but it being the best album ever is an opinion.

How to disappear completely >>> This post

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts for me, but there are enough stand outs for single listens.

I can listen to songs from In Rainbows out of context more often than ones from Kid A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom