Radiohead Survivor - In Rainbows - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• 15 Step

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Bodysnatchers

• Nude

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • All I Need

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reckoner

• House Of Cards

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Videotape

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Videotape is going to exit at such an early point? Before the release of In Rainbows, many around here were speaking of Videotape as though it were going to be one of their finest achievements. Certainly the drums cannot make that much of a difference in a song's overall quality.

cdisantis83 said:
Certainly the drums cannot make that much of a difference in a song's overall quality.

That's where you're wrong.

Have you heard those live versions?

If we can manage to get rid of Jigsaw before HOC I will be very impressed, and could live with elimination at that point.

Videotape I suppose. I have absolutely no problems with that song being eliminated. :up:

lazarus said:

That's where you're wrong.

Have you heard those live versions?

Yeah, I especially like Thom's "In the Basement" performance, although the arrangement is slightly too sparse for my tastes. I think that the drums help the song, if I am honest.

cdisantis83 said:

Yeah, I especially like Thom's "In the Basement" performance, although the arrangement is slightly too sparse for my tastes. I think that the drums help the song, if I am honest.

I don't think the basement version works either, but there's a couple live versions Xavi shared with us (one from Toronto, maybe?) that had complex percussion but just built to a much better climax.

I don't care which wins as long as it's one of All I Need, Reckoner, Nude, and Weird Fishes.

the tourist said:
I don't care which wins as long as it's one of All I Need, Reckoner, Nude, and Weird Fishes.

:yes:

When I'm not in the mood for the whole CD, I start with Nude and finish with HOC, sometimes Reckoner. I usually do that twice in a row.

lazarus said:
You have no problem with this whole album getting eliminated.

:lol:

Lancemc said:
Very true, sir.

Except for Reckoner. :rockon:

The rockon smiley and Reckoner don't go together. It is just a bunch of falsetto and words stretched out beyond the limit of comprehensibility. There's such a thing as too much falsetto. Two examples: Chris Martin and Reckoner.

That said, I gave Reckoner another chance today on my stereo system for a change. The better sound quality kinda made me not hate the song. It's not bad... I especially like 1:22 when the keyboard kicks in. But it's still easily my least favorite on the album. Easily! I want to like it, guys. :slant:

Last edited:
Okay I gave that video an honest chance and my full attention. I don't get it. The intro is somewhat better in that version. But everything else is the same boring dragging falsetto! :|

Honestly, the record is better than any live version I've heard yet.

OMG I'm sorry but I gotta rave about House of Cards for a bit...

fall off the table... get swept under... :drool:

deniiiiiiial deniiiiiiiiiiiial :drool: :drool: :drool:

The falsetto is used so perfectly at the end of this song. Not too much, just the right amount to bookend this atmospheric masterpiece! :love:

Zootlesque said:
OMG I'm sorry but I gotta rave about House of Cards for a bit...

fall off the table... get swept under... :drool:

deniiiiiiial deniiiiiiiiiiiial :drool: :drool: :drool:

The falsetto is used so perfectly at the end of this song. Not too much, just the right amount to bookend this atmospheric masterpiece! :love:

I'm conflicted here Zoots...

you love HOC so you get a :up:

but you don't like Reckoner so you get a :down:

hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom