Radiohead Survivor - Amnesiac - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Pyramid Song

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • You And Whose Army?

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I Might Be Wrong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knives Out

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Like Spinning Plates

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Life In A Glass House

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Morning Bell/Amnesiac was eliminated last round.

Vote Count:
13 - Morning Bell/Amnesiac
7 - Like Spinning Plates
5 - Life In A Glass House
4 - Knives Out
3 - Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box
1 - Pyramid Song, You And Whose Army, I Might Be Wrong
Total: 35

Songs Already Eliminated:
40.Morning Bell/Amnesiac
39.Dollars & Cents
38.Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
37.Hunting Bears
36.The National Anthem
35.Optimistic
34.Morning Bell
33.In Limbo
32.Kid A
31.Motion Picture Soundtrack
30.Treefingers
29.Karma Police
28.Exit Music(For A Film)
27.Lucky
26.Subterranean Homesick Alien
25.No Surprises
=23.The Tourist
=23.Climbing Up The Walls
22.Electioneering
21.Fitter Happier
20.High And Dry
19.Black Star
18.(Nice Dream)
=16.Just
=16.Planet Telex
15.Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was
14.Bones
13.My Iron Lung
12.Sulk
11.Creep
10.Stop Whispering
9.Thinking About You
8.You
7.Lurgee
=5.Prove Yourself
=5.Anyone Can Play Guitar
=1.How Do You?
=1.Ripcord
=1.Vegetable
=1.I Can't

Album Ranking/Weighting
1.OKC - 3 Songs in the final draw - Airbag, Paranoid Android, Let Down
2.Kid A - 3 Songs in the final draw - Everything In Its Right Place, How To Disappear Completely, Idioteque
3.The Bends - 3 Songs in the final draw - The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit(Fade Out)
4.In Rainbows - 2 songs in the final draw
5.Amnesiac - 2 songs in the final draw
6.HTTT - 2 songs in the final draw
7.Pablo Honey - 1 song in the final draw - Blow Out
8.MIL, A/HAID, and CL EPs as well as IR-Disc 2 - 2 songs each in the final draw
9.Two misc b-sides draws - 3 songs each in the final draw
Total: 30 songs in the final draw

knives out.

right since the first day.

i love the lyrics but the music is malaise.

Knives Out! Can't believe it was a single.

What amazes me more is that people prefer "I Might Be Wrong" over "You And Whose Army?" and "Pyramid Song", two of Radiohead's finest compositions.
"I Migtht Be Wrong" is a great tune, but IMO, is nothing compared to the complexity and frightening lyrics of "Pyramid Song" or to the intelligent-simplicity of "You And Whose Army?".

Aygo said:
"I Migtht Be Wrong" is a great tune, but IMO, is nothing compared to the complexity and frightening lyrics of "Pyramid Song" or to the intelligent-simplicity of "You And Whose Army?".

Well... Pyramid Song is gorgeous I agree but it has a very sad tone to it. YAWA is awesome especially the rousing chorus and ending but maybe the slow beginning puts some people off. IMBW on the other hand has got a great groove throughout, is not depressing and that guitar is to die for! :drool: I love all 3 songs though but I can kinda see the reason for this voting pattern.

Zootlesque said:

Well... Pyramid Song is gorgeous I agree but it has a very sad tone to it. YAWA is awesome especially the rousing chorus and ending but maybe the slow beginning puts some people off. IMBW on the other hand has got a great groove throughout, is not depressing and that guitar is to die for! :drool: I love all 3 songs though but I can kinda see the reason for this voting pattern.

Those are my top 3. Pyramid Song should definitely advance, but I don't know which one of the other two should. Now that's hard.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Those are my top 3. Pyramid Song should definitely advance, but I don't know which one of the other two should. Now that's hard.

Life In A Glass House. That's what.

Zootlesque said:

I like "I Might Be Wrong". Along with the other two, they're my favourite tracks on the album. The "trouble" is that the other two are much stronger for me.

I remember the first time I listened to "Pyramid Song". It irritated me and it was very weird seeing the band that composed "Creep", building a song with a time-signature that I couldn't even deciphre at the time. Plus, it made all sense with that "Egypt song" working-title, since the musical structure seems that you are always walking around and passing corners of... egyptian pyramids. Plus, the lyrics are very dark and heavy, but yet so simple. I always saw it as a song about post-mortem descriptions.
"You And Whose Army?" is a song that scared me at first. Its vintage-like production and some of the lines on the lyrics are pretty dark too. The intereting thing about this song is that many people find it boring because... they always skip it before 1:30!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom