Radiohead Survivor - Amnesiac - Round 5 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song
Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box 5 16.13%
Pyramid Song 1 3.23%
You And Whose Army? 2 6.45%
I Might Be Wrong 0 0%
Knives Out 4 12.90%
Like Spinning Plates 14 45.16%
Life In A Glass House 5 16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:20 AM
What amazes me more is that people prefer "I Might Be Wrong" over "You And Whose Army?" and "Pyramid Song", two of Radiohead's finest compositions.
"I Migtht Be Wrong" is a great tune, but IMO, is nothing compared to the complexity and frightening lyrics of "Pyramid Song" or to the intelligent-simplicity of "You And Whose Army?".

Old 01-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:20 AM
you and whose army once again is absolutely minimized/neutered/silenced by nigel.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aygo
"I Migtht Be Wrong" is a great tune, but IMO, is nothing compared to the complexity and frightening lyrics of "Pyramid Song" or to the intelligent-simplicity of "You And Whose Army?".
Well... Pyramid Song is gorgeous I agree but it has a very sad tone to it. YAWA is awesome especially the rousing chorus and ending but maybe the slow beginning puts some people off. IMBW on the other hand has got a great groove throughout, is not depressing and that guitar is to die for! I love all 3 songs though but I can kinda see the reason for this voting pattern.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:20 PM
I Might Be Wrong shits all over You And Whose Army
Old 01-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #20
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

Well... Pyramid Song is gorgeous I agree but it has a very sad tone to it. YAWA is awesome especially the rousing chorus and ending but maybe the slow beginning puts some people off. IMBW on the other hand has got a great groove throughout, is not depressing and that guitar is to die for! I love all 3 songs though but I can kinda see the reason for this voting pattern.
Those are my top 3. Pyramid Song should definitely advance, but I don't know which one of the other two should. Now that's hard.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:02 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

Those are my top 3. Pyramid Song should definitely advance, but I don't know which one of the other two should. Now that's hard.
Life In A Glass House. That's what.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #22
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Fuck, I knew I was forgetting a song. And I love it, too.

Phail.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:57 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

I like "I Might Be Wrong". Along with the other two, they're my favourite tracks on the album. The "trouble" is that the other two are much stronger for me.

I remember the first time I listened to "Pyramid Song". It irritated me and it was very weird seeing the band that composed "Creep", building a song with a time-signature that I couldn't even deciphre at the time. Plus, it made all sense with that "Egypt song" working-title, since the musical structure seems that you are always walking around and passing corners of... egyptian pyramids. Plus, the lyrics are very dark and heavy, but yet so simple. I always saw it as a song about post-mortem descriptions.
"You And Whose Army?" is a song that scared me at first. Its vintage-like production and some of the lines on the lyrics are pretty dark too. The intereting thing about this song is that many people find it boring because... they always skip it before 1:30!

Tags
radiohead survivor, survivor