Radiohead Survivor - Amnesiac - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Pyramid Song

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • You And Whose Army?

• I Might Be Wrong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knives Out

• Morning Bell/Amnesiac

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Dollars & Cents

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Like Spinning Plates

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Life In A Glass House

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Hunting Bears was eliminated last round.

Vote Count:
16 - Hunting Bears
8 - Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
4 - Dollars & Cents
3 - Pyramid Song, Morning Bell/Amnesiac
Total: 34

Songs Already Eliminated:
37.Hunting Bears
36.The National Anthem
35.Optimistic
34.Morning Bell
33.In Limbo
32.Kid A
31.Motion Picture Soundtrack
30.Treefingers
29.Karma Police
28.Exit Music(For A Film)
27.Lucky
26.Subterranean Homesick Alien
25.No Surprises
=23.The Tourist
=23.Climbing Up The Walls
22.Electioneering
21.Fitter Happier
20.High And Dry
19.Black Star
18.(Nice Dream)
=16.Just
=16.Planet Telex
15.Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was
14.Bones
13.My Iron Lung
12.Sulk
11.Creep
10.Stop Whispering
9.Thinking About You
8.You
7.Lurgee
=5.Prove Yourself
=5.Anyone Can Play Guitar
=1.How Do You?
=1.Ripcord
=1.Vegetable
=1.I Can't

Album Ranking/Weighting
1.OKC - 3 Songs in the final draw - Airbag, Paranoid Android, Let Down
2.Kid A - 3 Songs in the final draw - Everything In Its Right Place, How To Disappear Completely, Idioteque
3.The Bends - 3 Songs in the final draw - The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit(Fade Out)
4.In Rainbows - 2 songs in the final draw
5.Amnesiac - 2 songs in the final draw
6.HTTT - 2 songs in the final draw
7.Pablo Honey - 1 song in the final draw - Blow Out
8.MIL, A/HAID, and CL EPs as well as IR-Disc 2 - 2 songs each in the final draw
9.Two misc b-sides draws - 3 songs each in the final draw
Total: 30 songs in the final draw

Last edited:
Pull/Pulk or Dollars and Cents, flip a coin really.

Which version of Morning Bell do you all prefer? I think I've made it clear I like this version more, but it doesn't seem like popular opinion.

My vote goes for "Dollars & Cents". I prefer to vote "Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors" and "Morning Bell" for other rounds although i'm conscious that the first one of these two is gonna lose.

Dollars and Cents, but I don't think it's a bad track like many others seem to.

And it surprises me that so many people strongly dislike this version of Morning Bell. While I prefer the Amnesiac version, I don't have animosity towards the one on Kid A. I just find this one less paranoid, more of an epiphany.

I used to skip over the Amnesiac version for the longest time. But I've come to appreciate it.

I think what I like so much is the "walking walking walking walking walking...." part of the Kid A version.

"Why don't you quiet down?" in Dollars and Cents is one of the prettiest moments in a Radiohead song. :mad:

It's clear now that the philistines have taken over. Pulk/Pull? I don't know what the fuck you people are listening to but it sounds pretty damned cool coming out of my speakers. What are you looking for, a catchy chorus?

If anyone really was behind Radiohead on this album, Knives Out would probably be on the chopping block right now.

Pretty pathetic.

Knives Out sucks my rod. Not as much as Dollars and Cents, but it's close. Everything else it ace though. I drink it up.

lazarus said:
It's clear now that the philistines have taken over. Pulk/Pull? I don't know what the fuck you people are listening to but it sounds pretty damned cool coming out of my speakers.

Pretty pathetic.

For once we agree with something...

Absolute corker of a song. Radiohead are at their best when they are at their most obscure (which probably explains my disenchantment with Bends).

Intriguing lyrically, with some catchy little video game noises and a fabulous groove that is immensely moving.

Doors in the rudder of big ships....

knives out is pure garbage. that song better not make it. the lyrics are the only redeeming part.

lazarus said:
It's clear now that the philistines have taken over. Pulk/Pull? I don't know what the fuck you people are listening to but it sounds pretty damned cool coming out of my speakers. What are you looking for, a catchy chorus?

If anyone really was behind Radiohead on this album, Knives Out would probably be on the chopping block right now.

Pretty pathetic.

You sure do get worked up over these meaningless polls...

lazarus said:

I agree with this. People seem to be afraid of what runs away from the usual friendly structures and sound walls.

lazarus said:

Pretty pathetic.

calm down.

lazarus said:

Pretty pathetic.

Oh please. Get a life.

Let's just get back to the topic...and remember that different people like different songs, and there's no reason to get down on someone for preferring different songs.

FitzChivalry said:
I know I'm going to get stoned-to-death for this, but:

Life In A Glass House

I've ALWAYS hated this song.

:shrug:

Me too, actually. But I'm voting so save others at the moment.

FitzChivalry said:
I know I'm going to get stoned-to-death for this, but:

Life In A Glass House

I've ALWAYS hated this song.

:shrug:

*Pulls out stone*

It actually took me a while to get into it. I personally prefer the extended version.

sniggirb said:

*Pulls out stone*

It actually took me a while to get into it. I personally prefer the extended version.

* Crouches with shield and healing drought +3 *

To me the song is the sonic embodiment of a drunk . . . and not a happy, fun drunk who is the life of the party, but a mean, nasty, annoying drunk who hurls insults and vulgarities. :yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom