Radiohead Survivor - Amnesiac - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pyramid Song

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • You And Whose Army?

• I Might Be Wrong

• Knives Out

• Morning Bell/Amnesiac

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Dollars & Cents

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Hunting Bears

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Like Spinning Plates

• Life In A Glass House

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
The National Anthem was blown out last round. This means that Kid A will send Everything In Its Right Place, How To Disappear Completely, and Idioteque to the final draw.

Vote Count:
25 - The National Anthem
7 - How To Disappear Completely
6 - Everything In Its Right Place
5 - Idioteque
Total: 43

Songs Already Eliminated:
36.The National Anthem
35.Optimistic
34.Morning Bell
33.In Limbo
32.Kid A
31.Motion Picture Soundtrack
30.Treefingers
29.Karma Police
28.Exit Music(For A Film)
27.Lucky
26.Subterranean Homesick Alien
25.No Surprises
=23.The Tourist
=23.Climbing Up The Walls
22.Electioneering
21.Fitter Happier
20.High And Dry
19.Black Star
18.(Nice Dream)
=16.Just
=16.Planet Telex
15.Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was
14.Bones
13.My Iron Lung
12.Sulk
11.Creep
10.Stop Whispering
9.Thinking About You
8.You
7.Lurgee
=5.Prove Yourself
=5.Anyone Can Play Guitar
=1.How Do You?
=1.Ripcord
=1.Vegetable
=1.I Can't

Album Ranking/Weighting
1.OKC - 3 Songs in the final draw - Airbag, Paranoid Android, Let Down
2.Kid A - 3 Songs in the final draw - Everything In Its Right Place, How To Disappear Completely, Idioteque
3.The Bends - 3 Songs in the final draw - The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit(Fade Out)
4.In Rainbows - 2 songs in the final draw
5.Amnesiac - 2 songs in the final draw
6.HTTT - 2 songs in the final draw
7.Pablo Honey - 1 song in the final draw - Blow Out
8.MIL, A/HAID, and CL EPs as well as IR-Disc 2 - 2 songs each in the final draw
9.Two misc b-sides draws - 3 songs each in the final draw
Total: 30 songs in the final draw

Poor Hunting Bears is gonna get slaughtered.

My favourites are Pyramid Song, Dollars & Cents, and Amnesiac.

the tourist said:

My favourites are Pyramid Song, Dollars & Cents, and Amnesiac.

Poor bears.

And I have a feeling Pulk/Pull won't last long even though that track is amazing!

lazarus said:
Once again, a snippet track that is never going to win is included, wasting our time.

...which is what?? Do you realize that what you consider a waste of time could be of value to somebody else? I honestly don't know what song you are referring to... Pulk/Pull? I know somebody in this forum that loves Pulk/Pull to death. If you're so disappointed with this game, why don't you start your own? I don't hear anybody else complaining! :scratch: lol

Oh great! Hunting Bears is gonna go first? :rolleyes:

Hunting Bears >>>>> Dollars And Cents

Last edited:
Who voted for "Pyramid Song"?!!!
"Pyramid Song" simply is the best song Radiohead ever composed and is one of the finest tunes of the present decade.

Last edited:
Everyone else is happy to follow the herd and not complain.

Pulk/Pull is over 4 minutes long. It may not fit the conventional description of a song, but it's a full track. Hunting Bears is 2 minutes, and feels shorter. It's a segue. It's not going to last past the first round, and everyone knows it.

So why bother? Because we're anal completists. Let's get real.

Aygo said:
Who voted for "Pyramid Song"?!!!
"Pyramid Song" simply is the best song Radiohead ever and one of the finest tunes of the present decade.

You're right on the money--I don't think lethal injection for the perpetrator would be cruel or ununsual punishment here.

Hunting Bears at least has some interesting jazzy instrumentation going. It's beautiful to my ears! Dollars and Cents is just boring.

Hunting Bear and Dollars and Cents need to go first.

Why Morning Bell has 2 votes, I will never know.

lazarus said:
Everyone else is happy to follow the herd and not complain.

Pulk/Pull is over 4 minutes long. It may not fit the conventional description of a song, but it's a full track. Hunting Bears is 2 minutes, and feels shorter. It's a segue. It's not going to last past the first round, and everyone knows it.

So why bother? Because we're anal completists. Let's get real.

The thing is, you're picking an arbritary length of time at which a song becomes 'a full song'.

There are plenty of, say, Beatles songs that are only 2-2.5 minutes long and are as full as any song ever was.

I LOVE Dollars and Cents!! I assumed everyone else did, too. This game has been so revealing. :sad:

I'd want either Pyramid Song/I Might Be Wrong/You and Whose Army? or Life in a Glasshouse to go to the finals.

I doubt I Might Be Wrong and Life in a Glasshouse will though, even if they pwn the entire album.

namkcuR said:

The thing is, you're picking an arbritary length of time at which a song becomes 'a full song'.

There are plenty of, say, Beatles songs that are only 2-2.5 minutes long and are as full as any song ever was.

No, it's the combination of the length of time and the failure of the track to manifest itself into anything very substantial.

There was no way Fitter, Happier was going to go past 1 or 2 rounds either, and it was eliminated in a fucking landslide. Treefingers suffered the same fate.

I believe that proves my point?

I voted Pulk/Pull. Had to start somewhere. :(

I like Hunting Bears.

lazarus said:

No, it's the combination of the length of time and the failure of the track to manifest itself into anything very substantial.

There was no way Fitter, Happier was going to go past 1 or 2 rounds either, and it was eliminated in a fucking landslide. Treefingers suffered the same fate.

But did it ever occur to you that some of us enjoy the discussion each song generates? That's part of the game.

lazarus said:

But substantiality in pop music is subjective.

The point is that as soon as I omit even one song from the running, we no longer have the level playing field we started on. I feel that it is only fair that every song is given equal opportunity, even if this song or that is guaranteed an early elimination. This, I suppose, is where you and I disagree.

lazarus said:

So what? Why so impatient? As joyful said, it's fun to talk about the song too while it is getting thrashed. lol. Besides, some people may not vote for the underdog! Did that ever occur to you? I love Hunting Bears however wrong I may be in your eyes. :madspit:

You're the only one who's actually commented on Hunting Bears.

Not much of a discussion.

The interesting bit of these threads is when there's actually a dispute. In these early landslide rounds, you only get like one person piping up about how it's not THAT bad.

Well then please join us later when things become more interesting for you.

What I really want to know is what the people who dislike Dollars and Cents are smoking?

What I really want to know is what the people who dislike Hunting Bears are smoking?

:2canplaythatgame: ;)

Special survivor round dedicated to laz after all rounds are over...

1. How Do You
2. Fitter Happier
3. Treefingers
4. Hunting Bears
5. We Suck
6. Reckoner (oh snap!)

:dancing:

lazarus said:
You're the only one who's actually commented on Hunting Bears.

Not much of a discussion.

the tourist said:

sniggirb said:

Poor bears.

joyfulgirl said:
I like Hunting Bears.

And for the record...

Hunting Bears.

but I voted for Morning Bell :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom