Radiohead Survivor - Album Ranking - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite LP

• The Bends

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • OK Computer

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Kid A

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • In Rainbows

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Amnesiac was eliminated last round.

Current RH LP Ranking:

5.Amnesiac
6.Hail To The Thief
7.Pablo Honey

Vote Count:
26 - Amnesiac
11 - The Bends
4 - Kid A
3 - In Rainbows
1 - OK Computer
Total: 45

I voted for Kid A. Don't think I had the chance to mention that in the last thread.

It was a tough call between Kid A, The Bends, and In Rainbows, though, so any of them can go and I won't be upset. :up:

The Bends. I love you but not like I love Nude through Reckoner.

xaviMF22 said:

fake plastic trees > anything on IR..

So? There's nothing that outright sucks on IR either...I think Bends has a few clunkers.

IR has no weak point. Not even Videotape. :drool:

I'm late here because I went out for a couple hours looking for girls in Indianapolis (total waste of time), but I just wanted to say that any Beatles sand worth their salt knows Let It Be comes before Abbey Road. It was recorded first, and only mixing and tracking was done before it was actually released. Abbey Road was their final artistic statement put to tape.

If you prefer their swan song being a bit of a disappointment, more power to you.

Though I imagine the person that pointed out Rubber Soul/Revolver/Sgt. Pepper had a point, Rubber Soul is more a collection of great pop tunes than a great cohesive album.

I'd suggest Crooked Rain/Wowee Zowee/Brighten the Corners but I don't know that anyone would bother to get on board.

How about topping this:

Tommy
Who's Next
Quadrophenia

That's right up there with any Stones or LedZep run.

LemonMelon said:

So? There's nothing that outright sucks on IR either...I think Bends has a few clunkers.

Videotape is painful just because of the What If factor, but agreed, there's nothing on In Rainbows as bad/generic as My Iron Lung.

I don't know of any other clunkers on The Bends though.

lazarus said:

How about topping this:

Tommy
Who's Next
Quadrophenia

I refuse to believe Tommy is a classic album. If you put Live At Leeds in there instead, I may agree with you. :wink: :drool:

LemonMelon said:

house of cards blows

videotape sucks

reckoner is meh

faust arp is meh

yes I don't love this album all that much anymore :cute:

xaviMF22 said:

house of cards blows

videotape sucks

reckoner is meh

faust arp is meh

yes I don't love this album all that much anymore :cute:

Wow, just think of all the ridiculous drooling posts you wasted in anticipation of this apparently mediocre album.

Meanwhile, I calmly looked forward to its release and love it.

Must suck to be a hardcore Radiohead fan.

Suggestion for the future: try not listening to every fucking version of every song-in-progress you can get your hands on, and don't treat every album release like the second coming.

lazarus said:

Wow, just think of all the ridiculous drooling posts you wasted in anticipation of this apparently mediocre album.

Meanwhile, I calmly looked forward to its release and love it.

Must suck to be a hardcore Radiohead fan.

Suggestion for the future: try not listening to every fucking version of every song-in-progress you can get your hands on, and don't treat every album release like the second coming.

I can do whatever the hell I want

lazarus said:

Think of all the drool he actually wasted the night it came out. :yikes: Dang, the floor was wet when I walked into the Radiohead discussion thread. :tsk:

Lancemc said:
:tsk:

It needs more drum machines.

Needs more avant-garde wankery. Could have gotten that Pitchfork rating up a little bit more. :down: I'm disappointed in them.

xaviMF22 said:

I can do whatever the hell I want

Sure you can. But you risk looking a little foolish when the result isn't what you hoped for.

I mean, you're like Gollum if he suddenly decided at the top of Mount Doom, "You know what, this ring sucks. Take it, Frodo."

lazarus said:

I mean, you're like Gollum if he suddenly decided at the top of Mount Doom, "You know what, this ring sucks. Take it, Frodo."

:lmao: Anyone want to fire up the ol' photoshop and give this a go?

lazarus said:

Sure you can. But you risk looking a little foolish when the result isn't what you hoped for.

hey

IR is a great album...best album of 2007

but better than the bends?

no fucking way

Admit it, xavi, you do go a little overboard sometimes only to be subsequently disappointed. :shrug:

Remember the fuss you made over Miracle Drug when it first came out? :wink:

You just dissed 4 of the songs!

How can it be great?

How can it be the best of 2007?

I agree though, it's not better than The Bends.

It may have a couple higher peaks (like the final minute of All I Need, for example), but overall, no.

BTW guys, I don't want my appreciation of The Bends to get lost in this conversation; I think it's wonderful. It's the fantastic to IR's sublime.

Just...you know...you have to pick something to vote off. :shrug:

lazarus said:
You just dissed 4 of the songs!

How can it be great?

How can it be the best of 2007?

I agree though, it's not better than The Bends.

It may have a couple higher peaks (like the final minute of All I Need, for example), but overall, no.

I dissed 4 out of 10

I still love and listen to this album :drool:

and its the best of 2007...cause nothing else was as good as IR :shrug:

xaviMF22 said:

I dissed 4 out of 10

I still love and listen to this album :drool:

and its the best of 2007...cause nothing else was as good as IR :shrug:

So there are no albums out there this year that you don't like more than 60% of the tracks on? Glad I don't have your ears.

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom