Radiohead Survivor - Album Ranking - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite LP

• The Bends

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • OK Computer

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Kid A

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • In Rainbows

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand why the Wilco bashing is being made to seem like it came out of nowhere; Lance mentioned Sky Blue Sky, Laz said he didn't like it as much as IR, and we were off. :shrug:

The only ones currently complaining about it are the previously-mentioned "Wilco sycophants" anyway. :wink:

So...how about The Bends? Looks like it's about to choke its big lead. :up:

joyfulgirl said:
Why the fuck is Wilco getting bashed in the Radiohead vote off thread? :rolleyes:

icon_redface.gif

Sorryyyyyy!

Though I think you already know my feelings, let me clarify that I do think Wilco are talented and good at what they do. I can't get into it much, but admittedly every time I do hear them I end up thinking "this is far better than I give it credit for". Anyways, I feel bad now.

Back to Radiohead, it's interesting to see what different albums we all seem to attach ourselves to. I'd be interested to see data on what year/era people became fans during, as I'm sure this greatly changes the albums or types of albums of theirs we all like. Being from the era when all we had from them was essentially The Bends and OK, it crushes me to ever read anyone saying anything bad about either of those albums! It's like reading someone saying something bad about your family members!

LemonMelon said:

Pfft...WTF kind of single is that? Looks like something U2 would release. :tsk: No b-sides, no demos, nothing...

Ummm.....the 2 live tracks are the b-sides. I know what you meant, but by definition anything on the "b-side" of a single fits the bill.

Can anyone validate this is legitimately what the single will be and isn't a fan created item?

I voted for The Bends. It's a great album, don't get me wrong, but I listened to it recently and it seemed so dated.

(Bring on the hate.)

u2popmofo said:

icon_redface.gif

Sorryyyyyy!

Though I think you already know my feelings, let me clarify that I do think Wilco are talented and good at what they do. I can't get into it much, but admittedly every time I do hear them I end up thinking "this is far better than I give it credit for". Anyways, I feel bad now.

Back to Radiohead, it's interesting to see what different albums we all seem to attach ourselves to. I'd be interested to see data on what year/era people became fans during, as I'm sure this greatly changes the albums or types of albums of theirs we all like. Being from the era when all we had from them was essentially The Bends and OK, it crushes me to ever read anyone saying anything bad about either of those albums! It's like reading someone saying something bad about your family members!

No worries--wasn't directed at you. It just seemed like it wasn't going to stop and the thread was getting derailed, and we'd already just had one derailed thread closed. And you know how grumpy I can be about Wilco-bashing. :grumpy: I certainly don't mind constructive criticism, though, and you are the master there. :wink:

I became a Radiohead fan with the release of Ok Computer and quickly caught up with The Bends (many songs of which I already knew but didn't own the record yet) and Pablo Honey. I loved The Bends right away. It's just that I think Radiohead is a band that got better so I tend to love each record a little bit more. I personally think that's a rare and amazing thing with a band. Similar with U2--I was there at the beginning. I basically had Boy the minute it was released in the US because my boyfriend brought it home from the record store he was working in. I loved Boy, I liked October, I loved War, I loved UF, I loved loved loved JT but when AB was released I went completely crazy in love and then pretty much rarely listened to the earlier stuff ever again. Doesn't mean I don't still love the earlier work; they just got better for me. That's GOOD. Until..well...the last couple of records, which I like but don't love.

I really don't want to split this thread again after Sicy already had to.

Let's please just get off the Wilco talk. Seriously, if a Radiohead discussion can't carry on normally in this forum, then I highly doubt you're gonna be able to make it through an entire Survivor series...I'm not gonna wanna have to referee every single thread.

Also, please try to be respectful of the opinions of others. One person's favorite album could be another person's least favorite album...but that doesn't call for insults or bashing or anything else of that nature.

Also, I don't want anybody who doesn't enjoy Radiohead Survivor to get the idea of continuing this behavior just in hopes of this thread getting closed and the Radiohead Survivor not continuing...because that will just cause trouble for you.

I'm having a hell of a time deciding between The Bends and In Rainbows.

The Bends has Planet Telex and the title track and Fake Plastic Trees and Just and Bulletproof and Black Star and Street Spirit, but, but, In Rainbows has Reckoner and Jigsaw and All I Need and Nude and Videotape and Faust Arp...

My god!! Having to choose among these 4 albums is like having to choose Halle Berry, Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek or Shakira as your date. Yeah, good luck!!

Mogi said:
My god!! Having to choose among these 4 albums is like having to choose Halle Berry, Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek or Shakira as your date. Yeah, good luck!!

That's when you take all 4 and let them fight it out.

You know what happens when you put 4 sharks into the same tank, after all...feeding frenzy :sexywink:

Are we going to be including any of the b-sides? I forgot what was decided.

I'm loving Gagging Order more and more everytime I hear it, and there's some other great ones as well.

Maybe a bonus round of just the well-known b-sides?

namkcuR said:
I'm having a hell of a time deciding between The Bends and In Rainbows.

The Bends has Planet Telex and the title track and Fake Plastic Trees and Just and Bulletproof and Black Star and Street Spirit, but, but, In Rainbows has Reckoner and Jigsaw and All I Need and Nude and Videotape and Faust Arp...

THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.
THE BENDS
Reckoner sucks.

Mogi said:

I'd tell Shakira to hit the road only cos I can't stand her voice!

Zootles, you really need to work on expressing yourself more fully. I always sense you holding back. C'mon, you're amongst friends here, just let it out.

:wink:

I still love Reckoner. I guess it's a bit repetitive but I still really really love it. And I loved it on the webcast. :drool:

Zootlesque said:

Oh no you di'int! Bodysnatchers is Radiohead on Pearl Jam hyperdrive, muthafuckaaa!!! :rockon:

Completely! When you mentioned that before, I thought it was a great point. Thom's phrasing is like a fusion between Save You and Grievance, with a dash of Do The Evolution. :rockon:

I wasn't completely sold on the song at first, but I now think it's the standout track, hands-down. It gets me every time when Thom sings the "It is the 21st century" part. :drool: Best song on In Rainbows for me, and the best of the year so far. I can imagine it being brilliant live, with a backdrop of visuals and weird lighting.

I'm actually interrupting my poutine to defend Bodysnatchers. :shame:

joyfulgirl said:
I still love Reckoner. I guess it's a bit repetitive but I still really really love it. And I loved it on the webcast. :drool:

I've only listened once to the mp3 webcast version, but I love how it gets going, and the drums are much more evident than on the album.

I find it quite amazing that any four of these albums could be the crowning masterpiece for about 90-95% of the bands out there. It says alot about Radiohead.

If I had to choose between The Bends and In Rainbows, I would have to keep In Rainbows. Hard decision.

In Rainbows is like Pink Floyd meeting Marvin Gaye.
This album just oozes great music.

Reckoner and House of Cards could find a home easily on "What´s Going On" by Marvin Gaye.

Love The Bends, but of all four, it is the one I listen to least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom