Radiohead Survivor - Album Ranking - Quarterfinal - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Vote For Your LEAST Favorite LP
The Bends 29 53.70%
OK Computer 4 7.41%
Kid A 21 38.89%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #46
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 04:45 PM
Oh noezz, too many guitars in OK Computer! It's terrible.

False, it's the ultimate Radiohead album.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 06:45 PM
The Bends has far more traditional guitar work then OK Computer, yet I love it infinitely more.

LMP = LMPhailure.
__________________

__________________
Lancemc is online now  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Aygo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Barcelona, Spain [Lisbon, Portugal]
Posts: 3,515
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Why is people voting Kid A?
Kid A is the real masterpiece, even better than Ok Computer.
__________________
Aygo is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #49
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
The Bends has far more traditional guitar work then OK Computer, yet I love it infinitely more.

LMP = LMPhailure.
I think you just LMPwned me, not sure though.

What don't you like about OK Computer?
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 06:45 PM
OK Computer is far too cold for me. It's remarkably well produced, but it's sonically disengaging. I'm not just moved at all while listening to it, aside from several select tracks.
__________________
Lancemc is online now  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #51
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 04:45 PM
I'll move you with my fist!
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #52
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
OK Computer is far too cold for me. It's remarkably well produced, but it's sonically disengaging. I'm not just moved at all while listening to it, aside from several select tracks.
Hmm, fair enough. To me, it's the perfect blend of the guitar rock of The Bends turning toward the electronica / strings of Kid A. Although Kid A is far more disengaging then OK Computer, unless we have different definitions of the word.

The first half of OK Computer is godly. No other Radiohead album can come close to matching it and Airbag is arguably their best song ever. I know Zoomers agrees with me.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto


Hmm, fair enough. To me, it's the perfect blend of the guitar rock of The Bends turning toward the electronica / strings of Kid A. Although Kid A is far more disengaging then OK Computer, unless we have different definitions of the word.

The first half of OK Computer is godly. No other Radiohead album can come close to matching it and Airbag is arguably their best song ever. I know Zoomers agrees with me.


I have always preferred the Bends over OK and only recently changed my opinion. Airbag thru Karma Police is something they never topped even on The Bends.
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:53 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,005
Local Time: 02:45 PM
I can't support an album that has something as overrated and lame as How to Disappear Completely as its centerpiece, I don't care how well the thing is produced.
__________________
lazarus is online now  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #55
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque




I have always preferred the Bends over OK and only recently changed my opinion. Airbag thru Karma Police is something they never topped even on The Bends.
Same here. Once I was able to enjoy the 2nd half, then it was all over.

Climbing Up the Walls ftw.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,005
Local Time: 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto


Same here. Once I was able to enjoy the 2nd half, then it was all over.

Climbing Up the Walls ftw.
Climbing and Electioneering are the worst songs on the album.
__________________
lazarus is online now  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 12:45 AM
I even like Electioneering! Fun to sing along to and kinda REMish. And Lucky & Tourist are as good or better than Sulk & Street Spirit.
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 06:45 PM
electioneering is horrible.
__________________
Lancemc is online now  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #59
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
I even like Electioneering! Fun to sing along to and kinda REMish. And Lucky & Tourist are as good or better than Sulk & Street Spirit.
I agree. The cowbell is pretty good, too.

Fitter Happier -> Faust Arp -> Electioneering on 01 and 10 ftw.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus


Climbing and Electioneering are the worst songs on the album.
Let Down
__________________

__________________
DaveC is online now  
 

Tags
radiohead survivor, survivor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com