Radiohead Survivor - Album Ranking - Quarterfinal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite LP

• The Bends

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • OK Computer

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Kid A

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All you do is alternate tracks on OK Computer and In Rainbows.

1. Airbag
2. 15 Step
3. Paranoid Android
etc...

Keep Karma Police and Fitter Happier together, then keep alternating.

I keep hyping it up because it's a really cool listening experience and made me enjoy In Rainbows a little bit more.

LemonMacPhisto said:
All you do is alternate tracks on OK Computer and In Rainbows.

1. Airbag
2. 15 Step
3. Paranoid Android
etc...

Keep Karma Police and Fitter Happier together, then keep alternating.

I keep hyping it up because it's a really cool listening experience and made me enjoy In Rainbows a little bit more.

Cool! Who came up with this? :wink:

Zootlesque said:
^ Dave! :shocked:

Where can I hear this 01 10 thing? :hmm:

It's the only song I dislike on OK Computer. I wouldn't say it's a bad tune, but compared to the sheer musical orgasm that it's surrounded by, it just doesn't hold up to the rest for me.

Sorry, I can't be sold on this. Sounds like a big wank off, and unless I hear some kind of verification from the band that this was intentional, I'm not wasting my time.

I love In Rainbows on its own and don't need a rationalization for it.

Oh yeah, Lucky/Tourist > Sulk/Street Spirit, but that's not why I like The Bends better.

lazarus said:
Sorry, I can't be sold on this. Sounds like a big wank off, and unless I hear some kind of verification from the band that this was intentional, I'm not wasting my time.

I love In Rainbows on its own and don't need a rationalization for it.

Yeah, the whole binary code thing sounds to me like "Dark Side of Oz" syndrome. But I'm still going to try that playlist out, it sounds cool.

xaviMF22 said:
KID A
KID A
KID A
KID A
KID A
KID A
KID A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKyFcvAi3Xg

:drool: :drool:

PRECIOUS!!!

GollumntheRingcopy.jpg

DaveC said:

Yeah, the whole binary code thing sounds to me like "Dark Side of Oz" syndrome. But I'm still going to try that playlist out, it sounds cool.

Oh, for sure. Even if it's not intentional, it's pretty cool.

All bias aside here, I don't know if this whole album ranking thing should affect the song selection numbers. I'm sure that most of the Kid A admirers will acknowledge that it's not a "song" album and is more one of cohesiveness, flow, and overall experience.

Because of this, I feel In Rainbows might be worthier of having more songs represent it because it's the exact opposite of Kid A. That it's been eliminated earlier is going to negatively affect that selection and I think that's a bit unfair, and illogical in relation to what we're trying to do here.

The reason that whole binary thing sounds cool, is cause there's 2 fucking perfect albums being played, that is all.....though I'll give it a try.

What are people on about?

it goes:

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. Amnesiac
5. Hail To The Thief
6. The Bends
7. Pablo Honey

Kid A is the album of the decade.

intedomine said:
The reason that whole binary thing sounds cool, is cause there's 2 fucking perfect albums being played, that is all.....though I'll give it a try.

"Binary code...a one and a zero"

So not only did Radiohead lift from Passengers as inspiration for Kid A, but now they're taking direction from unreleased U2 songs for crazy dual-album listening experiences?

I don't know what the whole binary code thing has to do with that playlist, but what's so creative about playing two albums together in the same exact order by just alternating plays.

Sounds pretty dumb actually.

Lancemc said:
I don't know what the whole binary code thing has to do with that playlist, but what's so creative about playing two albums together in the same exact order by just alternating plays.

Sounds pretty dumb actually.

Now that's what I call keeping an open mind :up:

The albums go together well.

xaviMF22 said:

we all know Kid A is RH's masterpiece :wink:

Santa is very smart. :up:

If I ever have children, I'll be teaching them about the three essentials in life: respect, fibre, and Kid A.

God Part III said:
What are people on about?

it goes:

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. Amnesiac
5. Hail To The Thief
6. The Bends
7. Pablo Honey

Kid A is the album of the decade.

Your list couldn't possibly be right, simply because Bends is so low. :tsk:

DaveC said:

Now that's what I call keeping an open mind :up:

The albums go together well.

The whole "conspiracy" thing in that article is one of the most asinine things I've look at in months. Can you honestly tell me there's any sense to it at all?

But as a playlist, it's about as interesting as saying "Oh hey let's play The Joshua Tree, but put the ATYCLB songs in between." That's right, it's dumb. But since it's Radiohead it's obviously a brilliant listening experience. And there's obviously a great master plan behind the tracklisting.

The "conspiracy" thing is utter bullshit, I agree with that. But I'm dumb if I want to listen to the two albums together? Come on. :huh:

I never said people who listen to a playlist are dumb.

But I've heard this binary code playlist thing mentioned around here for a while, and there seemed to be this huge mystery surrounding it, like it made listening to In Rainbows a religious experience or something.

But it turns out it's not even that creative of a playlist.

I can't help that my initial reaction when I saw the playlist was "Oh....well that's dumb."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom