Radiohead plan to tour in Spring 06!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's hope for a summer release for the new album. It's been 3 years ago by then since HTTT.
And a new producer.
Was is Stent that worked with Oasis with a few albums?

can't wait for this album! hope they come somewhere near bath for these 'theatre shows'! :ohmy:

The did a similar thing in the run up to the release of Hail To The Thief, which a series of theater shows in the Uk and Ireland.

I had a trip to the UK planned in May 2003 and my arrival in London from Los Angeles coincided with the first of 2 days of radiohead at the Shepards Bush Empire. I arrived around 10am at Heathrow and deicded to try my luck at getting a released ticket at Shepards Bush. I went straight from the airport to the theater and was able to get a released ticket at the box office that afternoon. I came back the next afternoon and was able to do the same again.

the fact that stent has worked with some good pop stars such as madonna and b7ork gives me real hope that this album will once again point radiohead in a new direction.

very exciting indeed, i love their attitude about not getting too comfortable.

and best of all, i love the fact that they're not working with nigel. he really, really disappointed me on httt.

Zoomerang96 said:
the fact that stent has worked with some good pop stars such as madonna and b7ork gives me real hope that this album will once again point radiohead in a new direction.

very exciting indeed, i love their attitude about not getting too comfortable.

Me too. There used to be this Irish band with that attitude.

and best of all, i love the fact that they're not working with nigel. he really, really disappointed me on httt.

You didn't like HTTT?

MrBrau1 said:
Maybe they'll actually write and play songs this time. Instead of forcing everything to be "alternative."

They're not forcing anything. It's all naturally alternative/psuedo-techno/art-rock/whatever.

RH has been consistantly brilliant.

Fantastic news. :up: I don't think I'll get a chance to see them, but I'm certainly going to try. And it'll be very exciting to see how the new production will affect their music. Hoping for a summer release as well!

here's hoping they play better venues in the states than the crap amphitheatres they did last go-round. i doubt it though, since they'll probably come around in the summer. i would love it if they did some small venue gigs here, i would totally give handjobs to make that happen.

hope the new album is better than hail to teh suck.

Lancemc said:
Hail to the Theif is naturally shit.

Bullshit.

2+2=5 is great. Backdrifts is great. Where I End And You Begin is great. There There is great. Punchup At A Wedding is great. I Will is great. Myxamatosis is great. Scatterbrain is great. A Wolf At The Door is great.

namkcuR said:

2+2=5 is great. Backdrifts is great. Where I End And You Begin is great. There There is great. Punchup At A Wedding is great. I Will is great. Myxamatosis is great. Scatterbrain is great. A Wolf At The Door is great.

:up:

I wish the drums could have been louder on certain songs (the drums in There There should KICK YOUR ASS on the album, but they get lost in the rest of the music sometimes.) That has nothing to do with the actual quality of the songs, though.

Here's an interview with Ed O'Brien about the new album that ran yesterday. It's not that great, thanks to the host...but it is something, nonetheless.

I submitted a question that didn't get asked :nerd: I asked how they go about challenging themseleves to remain relevant & vital...or something like that :happy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/zanelowe/

namkcuR said:

You think Kid A, Amnesiac, and HTTT are crap, right?

What a loss.

kid a:up:
amnesiac - where are the songs?
HTTT - ups and downs.

all of these are consistently fascinating in terms of sounds/structures/invention.
but none of them grabbed me by my throat and heart and nards the way 'the bends' or 'ok computer' or even 'pablo honey' did.
sue me, i love beautiful melodies and guitars. jonny greenwood proved himself to be one of the world's great, innovative, and original players on the bends and computer. i want him to play guitar. in my mind it's like if jimi hendrix put his guitar down to play theremin or something like that.
maybe it was the time and where i was in life that contributed to my love of those records. that and the stuff above. i'd never part with any radiohead album, and they all make the rounds, but their first 3 are clearly my favorites.

i should add that i think this is really exciting news.
glad they're working with a new producer - i love nigel, but a new producer can push a band differently. stent is great, worked with everyone already listed, u2, the wonder stuff...should be interesting!

dudeman said:
i should add that i think this is really exciting news.
glad they're working with a new producer - i love nigel, but a new producer can push a band differently. stent is great, worked with everyone already listed, u2, the wonder stuff...should be interesting!

I wanna pure pop record from Radiohead: ala Wake Up Boo!

Brass, strings, piano, Motown beats and 26 layered vocals and joy.

Added bonus: It would make 95% of their fans run away in fear.

bollox said:
here's hoping they play better venues in the states than the crap amphitheatres they did last go-round. i doubt it though, since they'll probably come around in the summer. i would love it if they did some small venue gigs here, i would totally give handjobs to make that happen.

Oh hell yes. I'll start exercising my fingers for this as well. Hollywood Bowl is a sucky place for a concert. I don't care how fancy their fucking acoustics are. :down:

they play venues that aren't associated with clear channel, which is why a lot of them aren't up to par.

as evil as CC may be, they do generally provide the best venues.

I've seen them on the last two tours at Parc Jean-Drapeau in Montréal.. It's outside... so the sound is really perfect. I love it. I hope they keep it this way when they come back up here!

Zoomerang96 said:
they play venues that aren't associated with clear channel, which is why a lot of them aren't up to par.

as evil as CC may be, they do generally provide the best venues.

while they made an effort to avoid clear channel venues, in many markets clear channel was the only game in town, so they caved into The Man on quite a few occassions.

admirable if ultimately empty gesture.

Back
Top Bottom