Radiohead plan to tour in Spring 06!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah i hope they play better venues this time too. because our amphitheatre show got cancelled because of the blackout they played the rogers centre instead which has the worst sound ever. somehow they managed to sound pretty good inspite of it but still. but the only 2 places they will play here is the molson amphitheatre in the summer or the ACC any other time which really isn't much better. so if push came to shove i would much prefer the amphitheatre show.

Don't know if Mark "Spike" Stent is the most interesting choice, but it does free up Nigel to work with...U2, perhaps? Although they would probably be afraid of the accusations that would follow about them trying to ride Radiohead's coattails.

And I want to voice my support for the last 3 Radiohead albums, which have all been brilliant in their own ways. The standard that people are holding them to is ridiculous. If U2 put out something this millenium anywhere near as ambitious and creative as Hail to the Thief most of us would be in hog heaven.

i liked HTTT. i wasn't the biggest fan of kid A/amnesiac but after hearing some songs live (idioteque esp :up: ) i enjoyed a lot more.

I have recounted my experience of seeing God at the end of the Alpine Valley show in 2003 on this forum more times than ever I could possibly count. Radiohead live when touring behind Hail to the Thief was tantamount finally to seeing a band worthy of the throne currently occupied by The Beatles and occasionally (in the past) co-occupied by perhaps The Rolling Stones and U2. I'll leave it at that as, again, I've already elaborated several times. If y'all want me to get into it, I guess I will...but not here, not now. Just know that this tour and this album will be so far beyond spectacular that any naysayer can go fuck him- or herself. I have but one word for any of the haters/idiots of such a disposition:

"F O R E V E R"

zoney! said:

I was thinking the SAME thing this morning. Can I get away with going just for Radiohead?

Everytime I see footage from their performance at Glastonbury I ask myself why wasn't I there. Then I remember I wasn't there because I hate festivals. But for Radiohead I would do many things I would not ordinarily do.

So there you have it--a definite maybe.

i LOATHE festivals. but there are a lot of other great acts on this bill . . . problem is, at festivals i invariably don't see all the acts i want to see. factor in the heat, port-a-potties, expensive water, aforementioned smelly hippies, and it's just, ugh. but still . . . it's radiohead!

bollox said:
i LOATHE festivals. but there are a lot of other great acts on this bill . . . problem is, at festivals i invariably don't see all the acts i want to see. factor in the heat, port-a-potties, expensive water, aforementioned smelly hippies, and it's just, ugh. but still . . . it's radiohead!

I hear you. Believe me. These are the issues.

i have never seen radiohead cause they've never been within 12 hours of me. and 12 hours is generous, i'm sure it's closer to 20.

that has to change this year.

Haha I can't believe the hatred towards festivals!

I think with Radiohead headlining festivals, a lot of people get pissed off at the fact that people are going just to see Radiohead or another band who wouldn't usually play festivals and taking up tickets that could easily have gone to someone who's there to see the rest of the bill! Honestly why I was kind of glad U2 didn't end up headlining Glastonbury last year! :hmm:

I like festivals...I like a good chunk of the lineup...but I realized I will not have $168x2 next saturday to go to see this festival. I REALLY want to see Radiohead again (I think If you shout... and I both had the same experience in Alpine Valley...but the second hand high, the lack of cell phone service and the amount of time it took to get out of the lot also played a large roll). The other bands on the list I have either seen before, or do not have enough desire to spend a night in a tent for.

I will wait for Radiohead to go on tour...and then I shall go on tour too! This time...I WILL actually get to the show in vancouver!

Back
Top Bottom