Radiohead- live in Aussie radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This Tuesday night - 9 pm ( Eastern Australia Time)
Triple J are broadcasting their concert from Melbourne.

which is very very VERY kind of them, because I couldn't go.

triplej.net.au

Im not much of a radiohead fan (I like a few songs, but their 'supercool' attitude just bugs me) , but I know that there are heaps of people in here who dig them and you guys can listen to the show over the net as Triple J also broadcast over the net, you'll just have to work out what time it is in your part of the world, when it is 9pm Australian eastern standard time....

Here is the link,

http://www.triplej.abc.net.au/

I am just listening to JJJ now and they are talking about this gig tonight, I just dont get what it is with radiohead, they are talking aobut it like it is going to be a religious experience, I will listen tonight and maybe I will see what all the fuss is about- I didn't realise that the gig was going to be live, that should be good at least, I know that the live broadcast of a darkness gig turned me into a fan, maybe the same will happen with radiohead:wink:

I went to the Tuesday concert in Melbourne yesterday. I'm not a big Radiohead fan by any stretch, but I loved the show. They're brilliant musicians and I even warmed up to Thom and his funky shaman dancing, :) His voice live also doesn't sound to me as whiny and annoying as he does on their last few records.

Rx...Thom don't use your voice for a few days or you'll lose it.
Bummer wummer.
I turned on JJJ just before 5 pm today and wondered what they were on about??? They had asked people to ring in with alternative suggestions for the show. I came in as a woman was offering her Auslan sign language choir to replace Thom. Not so good for radio maybe. The popular consensus was they should get Jon Stevens to step in for Thom.
One guy rang and said condolences to the Melbournians, because the show in Sydney was :up:
EXCEPT for the group of guys behind him who sang along LOUDLY to EVERY song and in between songs tried to outdo one another with their knowledge of Radiohead:lmao:
Maybe they could stand in for Thom.
Instead they are playing an acoustic set, the live Glastonbury set and repeating the Radiohead J File.

Just as well maybe, I'm reading a good book and it's up to an exciting part and I want to go to bed early...except Jet are performing live on Rove tonight.

Get well soon Thom, take care of your beautiful voice and bring the band back to Australia one day. I'll save up:)
:wave:

Back
Top Bottom