Radiohead live??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bu2iful

Babyface
Never seen them live, but I wonder what their live shows are like. What are some of the pro's and con's of their shows? What is their stage like, lightshows etc.? Any pics. would be great too. Also how can I obtain boots of their stuff?

Thanks in advance!!

theyre not good. theyre either tied for the best or are the best.

:wink: my opinion anyway.

i will try and help you out.

www.jonnygreenwood.com ---> then check out the audio. theres tonnes to go through.

if you want pictures and a background www.ateaseweb.com is great. you can find out about every single show theyve ever put on.

hope thats a good start. for future posts about music other than u2, you should probably post it in the just the bang and the clatter section.

my alarm clock goes off to everything's in the right place. a great beginning to the day.

my alarm usually goes off to creed or nickelback. nothing beats mainstream rock stations. :up:

as in with their live shows? well they play a variety of all their material, every so often they even through creep, you or lurgee from pablo honey.

im not sure i understand what your asking.

What type of set up do they have? or
Do have "jam" type sessions? or
Is like going to a rock and roll show or is it an ambient and artistic show?

Try to paint me a picture of the show

Sorry I'm kind of vauge and not good at writing questions out:)

why would you care if you don't like the new tunes?:|

Because their are a lot of songs out their from other bands where, I didn't like the songs I heard on the album, but loved them live.

I'm just interested

here's the thing:

rh pretty much play the tunes on record exactly as recorded.

without any sequencers either.:|

they are great live.

what jofo? are you serious? they sound nothing like they do on their albums. theyre like u2 in the sense that they have the ability to bring all their songs up a notch or two when played live.

well, have you ever heard bands like led zeppelin or the who live?
nothing like the albums.
radiohead play the parts more or less the way they are recorded.
I'm speaking in a general sense; tunes like exit music, karma police, knives out, pyramid song, fake plastic trees, etc, are basically the same.

then again, spinning plates was different.

ok, to answer your question, they are "magical" in live performances. That is how The Edge described them. i saw them many times, in different places, and they always rock alternatively. (that's a joke :))

thom is expressive, almost frenetic, certainly crazed, but lately he's much calmed down. a consequence of parenthood, i'm sure :)

the light show is fantastic. like nothing you've seen.

they had a pit at Mountain View and will play around with the great fans down there, while the rest watch in bemused contentment, i mean they are of course having a great time.

the five work very well together. sort of.

a live album is available on CD. buy it, it may even be at your local record, by this i mean, music store. lots of CDs, DVDs, that kind of thing. ok, i digress. really, you should listen to the first 5 or so first and get a feel for the carefully planned evolution of this band.

oh, and wear your boxers if you go :)

Radiohead are, as Sea Cow said, perhaps the best live (popular music) band in the world. I saw them in Vancouver over a year ago at the end of the summer. It was magic. It was at UBC's outdoor Thunderbird Stadium, which is right on a peninsula on the Pacific Ocean, and everything - including the sunset that night - played right into the show. The sun went down to 'Exit Music' and I remember 3 little birds flying across the sky during 'Street Spirit'. It was this geat gathering of wonder. A truly hypnotic rock concert.

I would rate it as the 2nd best concert I've ever seen my life, maybe even the best. My gut reaction is to say that U2's April 13th Good Friday show on the Elevation Tour was better, but I'm a bigger fan of them so that's probably a factor.

i had a bunch of friends from my town fly to vancouver to see that gig.

im gonna catch em next year at all costs.

DebbieSG said:
ok, to answer your question, they are "magical" in live performances. That is how The Edge described them. i saw them many times, in different places, and they always rock alternatively. (that's a joke :))

thom is expressive, almost frenetic, certainly crazed, but lately he's much calmed down. a consequence of parenthood, i'm sure :)

the light show is fantastic. like nothing you've seen.

they had a pit at Mountain View and will play around with the great fans down there, while the rest watch in bemused contentment, i mean they are of course having a great time.

the five work very well together. sort of.

a live album is available on CD. buy it, it may even be at your local record, by this i mean, music store. lots of CDs, DVDs, that kind of thing. ok, i digress. really, you should listen to the first 5 or so first and get a feel for the carefully planned evolution of this band.

oh, and wear your boxers if you go :)

for a moment i thought this was the king :wink: , u should bring down "" :) "" though...and use more of :sexywink:

AcrobatMan said:

for a moment i thought this was the king :wink: , u should bring down "" :) "" though...and use more of :sexywink:

you mean a "wink"?

winks are not allowed in the bible, somewhere in Proverbs, i think. but that's for another forum. :), oh sorry! i am just to happy to discuss Radiohead live shows! ha ha.

Cow, how many people did you cram into that airplane to Vancouver? was it a nice flight?!

what are you talking about? lol there were like 4 people from my town that went, and i definately wasnt one of them cause i wasnt super-obsessed yet.

i think youve become as weird as...well...me.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom