Radiohead 'Lift'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
alrighty then...
so to the best of my knowledge, this IS an unreleased song. i'm not sure if a proper studio recording exists, but this song was rumored to be in the running for inclusion on 'ok computer'. Called 'lift', this is from another fine recording - this time the pinkpop festival 5/27/96- a little before computer dropped. it's majestic, one of my favorite radiohead songs. scratching my head as to why it was never on an ep or anything. enjoy, this song rocks.

http://s38.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=3UQAWRED3SEMV33OK2XTRNDSEE

if there's interest, i can see about uploading this entire show. peace

Haha! Fantastic! I was about to upload this last night after seeing that Glastonbury 1994 thread of yours.

This is my all-time favourite Radiohead song! First time I heard it I was gobsmacked! Absolutely fantastic track.
In my top 3 favourite songs of all time :D

The Pink Pop '96 version will always be the best! They should just release that recording at some point or the video on some sort of compilation DVD...

wow, I'd never heard this before. Great song! (but can you expect anything less from Radiohead?)

dudeman said:
alrighty then...
so to the best of my knowledge, this IS an unreleased song. i'm not sure if a proper studio recording exists, but this song was rumored to be in the running for inclusion on 'ok computer'. Called 'lift', this is from another fine recording - this time the pinkpop festival 5/27/96- a little before computer dropped. it's majestic, one of my favorite radiohead songs. scratching my head as to why it was never on an ep or anything. enjoy, this song rocks.

http://s38.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=3UQAWRED3SEMV33OK2XTRNDSEE

if there's interest, i can see about uploading this entire show. peace

Thanks a bunch...I have it, but not nearly in the quality of this file. I think you're correct about it being tossed in the Ok Computer sessions. It's got more of a Pablo Honey feel to it, so perhaps that explains the exclusion.

just rediscovered this song (the pinkpop version, of course) last week. god, I'd forgotten how good it was.

dont' worry dudeman, bolloxs thinks ashley impspmn is better tha n broken socual scene.

ahahha!

It is remarkable to think that masterpieces like Melatonin, Lull, A Reminder and Polyethelene were only BSides.

But then you think about how sweetly coherent Ok Computer is as an album, and how you wouldn't want it any other way.

Back
Top Bottom