Radiohead finalizing U.S. Tour dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are simply not enough of :drool: to show how good of a mood this puts me in.

how about a show IN edmonton? that would be heavenly. :drool:

www.pitchforkmedia.com
rumors of theatre dates in the US :drool:

11 April 2006

Radiohead North American Tour Slowly Taking Shape

Matthew Solarski reports:
Y'all better put up a chair for this one, folks. The paradox wrapped in an enigma with sprinkles of conundrum on top that is Radiohead has just announced-- er, make that vaguely alluded to-- a number of totally sketchy details surrounding their crazy-anticipated summer North American tour.

As Billboard recently reported, our beloved paranoia-rockers are "eyeing" several multiple-night stands in such New World metropolises as Montreal, Toronto, Philadelphia, and Chicago. The Chicago double-date is old news, but we are glad to learn Radiohead will still share love with our fair city after getting bushwhacked by those meanies in the Chitown Cultural Affairs Department (just kidding, we <3 u guys!).

So no set dates, no itinerary, no venues, no opening acts--just four cities that may or may not receive multiple dosages of live Radiohead action. That should entertain your water-cooler cronies for at least 45 seconds.

And this is good for another 15 or so: Radiohead mega-fan compendium/website At Ease alleges that inside sources have revealed two shows at Chicago's Auditorium Theatre (June 19 and 20), as well as a pair of gigs at Berkeley's Greek Theatre (allegedly reported by the San Francisco radio KITS, Live 105).

For kicks, Thom Yorke offered up a cryptic quote to NME about the Mysterious New Record, which is in label limbo as Radiohead's contract with EMI has expired. Quoth Yorke, "I think it's a nutty situation to be in to have no definite release system."

"It's really liberating not to feel part of the record company structure. It should be an extremely positive place to be in but it's also an extremely strange situation to be in." Positive and strange, got it.

As previously announced, Radiohead have several multiple-night stands in the EU already lined up, as well as their lone confirmed North American date, a headlining spot down on the farm at Bonnaroo.

Ice age coming:

05-01 London, England - KOKO (Friends of the Earth benefit with Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood)
05-06 Copenhagen, Denmark - KB Hall #
05-07 Copenhagen, Denmark - KB Hall #
05-09 Amsterdam, Holland - Heineken Music Hall #
05-10 Amsterdam, Holland - Heineken Music Hall #
05-12 Blackpool, England - Empress Ballroom #
05-13 Blackpool, England - Empress Ballroom #
05-15 Wolverhampton, England - Civic #
05-16 Wolverhampton, England - Civic #
05-18 London, England - Hammersmith Apollo #
05-19 London, England - Hammersmith Apollo #
06-17 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival *
08-12 Budapest, Hungary - Óbudai Island (Sziget Festival) %
08-19 Chelmsford, England - Hylands Park (V Festival) ^
08-20 Staffordshire, England - Weston Park (V Festival) ^
08-22 Edinburgh, Scotland - Meadowbank
08-24 Dublin, Ireland - Marlay Park

# with Willy Mason
* with Beck, Death Cab for Cutie, Bright Eyes, Ben Folds, Common, Sonic Youth, My Morning Jacket, Cat Power, Atmosphere, Amadou & Mariam, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Magic Numbers, Dungen, Andrew Bird, et al
% with Franz Ferdinand, Ministry, Robert Plant, Natacha Atlas, Sick of It All, et al
^ with Beck, Bloc Party, The Magic Numbers, Keane

In other, tabloid-worthy Radiohead news, Mr. Yorke was recently quoted in the NME as saying, "The fact that poor Arctic Monkeys are getting so much attention is purely based on the fact that the mainstream music business is such a bunch of fucking retards as far as I'm concerned."

Careful though. Yorke recently insisted the above quotation was taken out of context, and had a hearty chuckle, all in a recent post on the ever-quotable official Radiohead blog, Dead Air Space. Here's what the dude had to say:

"i remember now, tape recorders record what yu say .. which may be taken down and used as evidence against you at a later date. who is this jerk shooting his mouth off? misdirected. missquoted...distorted...out of context..."

"oh it s me. i think. but im not sure."

And finally, as Thom concluded, "HA ha ha ha oh :)"

So you think its worth seeing them in Budapest? Hmmm... you surely can´t beat prices there, one week of festival extravaganza for $ 120..

I bet they'll only do Toronto and Montreal, maybe a date out west. Meh, I don't think I'll ever get to see Radiohead live. I sometimes hate living in a province that Canadians themselves even forget about. Time to find a job and start saving up for a plane ticket, I suppose.

GibsonGirl said:
I bet they'll only do Toronto and Montreal, maybe a date out west. Meh, I don't think I'll ever get to see Radiohead live. I sometimes hate living in a province that Canadians themselves even forget about. Time to find a job and start saving up for a plane ticket, I suppose.

what part the rock you from?

I used to have the same problem, but now I'm right between Montreal and Toronto (and was lucky enough to see them on their last tour in Montreal). :drool:

Not technically from the rock, but I spend half my living in St. John's and the other half in a smaller town not too far from there. The day Radiohead performs at Mile One stadium is the day Thom Yorke professes his love for mainstream pop. :sad:

Here's the rumor going around some Radiohead message boards:

01.06.2006 - Tower Theatre, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
02.06.2006 - Tower Theatre, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
04.06.2006 - Bank of America Pavillion, Boston, Massachussets
05.06.2006 - Bank of America Pavillion, Boston, Massachussets
17.06.2006 - Bonnarroo Festival, Manchester, Tenessee
19.06.2006 - Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, Illinois
20.06.2006 - Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, Illinois
29.06.2006 - Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, California
30.06.2006 - Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, California

This probably won't be the complete tour, but these are the dates people are talking about.

clifedge said:
Here's the rumor going around some Radiohead message boards:

01.06.2006 - Tower Theatre, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
02.06.2006 - Tower Theatre, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
04.06.2006 - Bank of America Pavillion, Boston, Massachussets
05.06.2006 - Bank of America Pavillion, Boston, Massachussets
17.06.2006 - Bonnarroo Festival, Manchester, Tenessee
19.06.2006 - Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, Illinois
20.06.2006 - Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, Illinois
29.06.2006 - Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, California
30.06.2006 - Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, California

This probably won't be the complete tour, but these are the dates people are talking about.

I've also seen a rumor for Berkeley June 22, 23, and that tickets for Boston and Chicago might go on sale May 6.

I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I have some tickets to some show somewhere in my hands. My money's on Chicago. :combust:

Is the album even going to be out by the time this tour happens?

If not, I guess they might make two swings. Wishful thinking, but I just don't want them to dodge Texas.

martha said:
Did I miss something somewhere? Is there a new album coming out before these shows?

As I understand it, they don't have a record deal right now and are in the unique position of finishing a record without a record company on their backs. They don't want to sign until the record is finished, and that will mean beginning the tour without a new record to try out the new material. Kinda exciting, I think.

Dear Radiohead,

Your art is recording, not touring. Get back to work and stop with the lame excuses. Your last 3 records were crap wastes of fine plastic, so I understand your trepidation towards releasing a new record. But be brave, write songs. You can do it. I think you can. Maybe.

xaviMF22 said:
the've always toured before releasing an album, nothing new:wink:

but without a record deal at all? or maybe I have old info?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom