Radiohead finalizing U.S. Tour dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my god! I got two tickets for June 1! I'm so excited! I went to my nearest Ticketmaster office and waiting in line for 2 hours. I was second in line, and my friend was 3rd. Only the first four people in line got to buy ONE ticket each, and that was it. So, my friend and I ARE going, but we are in completely different sections of the theatre.

I am in Right Loge Row FF seat 39. My friend is in the Left Center Upper Balcony row P seat 20.

How are these seats? I've never been to this venue before. I'm also considering buying a better PAIR of seats together on ebay, so my friend and I can enjoy the show together, and sell these two tickets to make up the difference. But we may just use these anyway. Either way, I'm psyched! Can't wait. Woooo!

martha said:
Oh damn! I got a Tuesday night San Diego ticket right away! :hyper: When I went back to try for Monday ticket, the wait was 15 minutes. :shifty:

Crap, martha, I got one for Monday and was hoping to play with you. :mad:

Lancemc said:
Oh my god! I got two tickets for June 1! I'm so excited! I went to my nearest Ticketmaster office and waiting in line for 2 hours. I was second in line, and my friend was 3rd. Only the first four people in line got to buy ONE ticket each, and that was it. So, my friend and I ARE going, but we are in completely different sections of the theatre.

Well, then it's a good thing you didn't take my advice! :wink:

joyfulgirl said:

Well, then it's a good thing you didn't take my advice! :wink:

Hehehe. Hmmm, yeah, I saw that this morning after I got back with tickets. I thought "Wow, good thing I didn't check this thread before I left." :wink:

wow I am eternally grateful to w.a.s.t.e right now after hearing the ticketmaster horror stories

U2Girl1978 said:
My friend and I got shut out of getting tickets. I am so mad. How can they sell out after 3 minutes??? Fucking ticketbastard. :angry:

It's insane, really! Ticketbastard is insane. They've got to do something about the bulk buying and scalping on ebay! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah I think thats it! After the fan club tickets, the exclusive pre sale and what not.. there's not much left for the online sale to general public! :angry:

We shouldn't have to be a member of every damn fan club and shell out all those fees just to get tickets and then pay yet again for the actual ticket itself! :huh: :angry:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:

We shouldn't have to be a member of every damn fan club and shell out all those fees just to get tickets and then pay yet again for the actual ticket itself! :huh: :angry:

w.a.s.t.e. is free...just register and voila! Have made use in the past of other fan tix sales that did not require a paid membership - Coldplay and second tier (rem.com) REM membership pre-sales come to mind...

Pop Artist said:

w.a.s.t.e. is free...just register and voila! Have made use in the past of other fan tix sales that did not require a paid membership - Coldplay and second tier (rem.com) REM membership pre-sales come to mind...

thanks for that info! :up::up:

Pop Artist said:

This is true. W.A.S.T.E. is a pretty good place, although it can get sketchy for those of us outside of the UK, given the obvious time difference. I wasn't able to get tickets from W.A.S.T.E. and then I also failed to score anything through Ticketmaster, but it's all good. We Americans get everything and should just shut the fuck up, for a change. Well, that's what I think, anyway.

In other news, the whole Radiohead presale (regardless of it not working out for me) was a charming reminder that not ALL bands are out to rape their fans for each and every penny they have. I like being a fan of a band who gives a shit about us, for a change. Isn't it just...nice? :wink:

U2Girl1978 said:
My friend and I got shut out of getting tickets. I am so mad. How can they sell out after 3 minutes??? Fucking ticketbastard. :angry:

Supply vs. demand - not an evil ticket company (this time, at least)!

These are VERY small venues.

They are not playing the 20,000 Bank North Garden...they are playing the BofA pavillion...probably seats a quarter of the Garden. :shrug:

I was VERY lucky to have someone working the computer at home while I was working mine at work. I logged in less than :01 after her...she got tickets. I got nothing.

I will be seeing them in Chicago on the second night! :up:

Not sure why w.a.s.t.e. did not recognize me as a member.

This is a stupid question, but will they likely tour again after the album is released? I'm guessing yes, but I also know Radiohead work in strange and wonderful ways. I have to see them at some point....it's written in my destiny! :wink:

angelordevil said:
This is a stupid question, but will they likely tour again after the album is released? I'm guessing yes, but I also know Radiohead work in strange and wonderful ways. I have to see them at some point....it's written in my destiny! :wink:

They most likely will...but it won't be out til 2007 (they're also sans record label at the moment) so, probably looking at at least a year from now though for that.

A friend of mine just got two tickets for San Diego for 150 dollars total. Really not too bad. Check ebay and craigslist, you could find some deals.

Pop Artist said:

They most likely will...but it won't be out til 2007 (they're also sans record label at the moment) so, probably looking at at least a year from now though for that.

:up: If I'm still alive, and they're still together, it's a go. I really wish the album was out earlier...like now!

Zootlesque said:
Yeah I think thats it! After the fan club tickets, the exclusive pre sale and what not.. there's not much left for the online sale to general public! :angry:

Ticketbastard only allows fan clubs to sell 10% of tickets available for a show. The majority are available to the general public.

I'm Ready said:
wow I am eternally grateful to w.a.s.t.e right now after hearing the ticketmaster horror stories

Indeed...I can't believe how lucky I got with that. I scored one for June 1- Philly.

Back
Top Bottom