Radiohead fans, get out of brau's thread and in here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gareth brown said:

oh, joy...

U2man, I'll upload you some Amnesiac and OK Computer B-sides if you're interested?

Thanks, gareth, but I think Xavi has taken care of everything :drool:

GibsonGirl and everyone else interested, if it's OK with Xavi, I'll send you the links that he sent me.

Once you get hold of the b-sides, you won't regret it. Some are incredible Lull, Melatonin, India Rubber, Cuttooth, Kinetic, Punchdrunk, Faithless and Lewis Mistreated......WOW

Don't forget Talk Show Host either....

yertle-the-turtle said:
Well to expand on deathy's point, Kid A taught me that your simple three chord pop song (while being one of the most joyous sounds in the world) is pretty overrated.

:up: well said

For me Kid A was pure bliss the first time I listened to. It's the only Radiohead record where I don't skip anything, I love it from beginning to end (some more than others of course but for me there's nothing skippable). I love Ok Computer like I love my cat as well but I do skip Fitter, Happier and Electioneering every single time I play it.

I've said this before in here but having read the sketchy reviews of Kid A, I didn't run out to buy it. But when I saw them perform The National Anthem on SNL (which wasn't even a great performance) I watched with my mouth open and felt what I felt when I first heard Achtung Baby. The excitment kept me up all night; I literally couldn't sleep thinking about how I couldn't wait to get the record. Bought it the next day and it confirmed what I suspected with Ok Computer, that these were my tribe.

So, one person's horror is another person's sweet, sweet dream. I can't imagine life without Everything in Its Right Place, How to Disappear Completely and Idioteque, three of my favorite songs

Joyfulgirl, your post just compelled me to put on Kid A again. :love:

And U2man, that'd be great, thanks. My email address is promenade[at]flickerandfade.org.

U2Man said:

Thanks, gareth, but I think Xavi has taken care of everything :drool:

GibsonGirl and everyone else interested, if it's OK with Xavi, I'll send you the links that he sent me.

I'll send you the rest of the songs after I get home from college:wave:

Okay, I want to contribute after being mostly on the receiving end. Xavi, I'm sure you have these, but for those who don't...

Maide Vale performance (mp3's):

I Might Be Wrong
http://s24..com/d.aspx?id=1NPFBFA8Q25O93SGUJT9DYT7UC

Like Spinning Plates
http://s24..com/d.aspx?id=1KFZ5SJAYEZWT26N4FKM4NB0OR

Bulletproof...I Wish I Was
http://s24..com/d.aspx?id=0G6647WPZH9ON3CE4H9DWRYM09

Follow Me Around
http://s24..com/d.aspx?id=1S7KJRTIX01AG18SY1HL3UKUJQ

Fog
http://s24..com/d.aspx?id=3CLK8PJW7O7Z03S3GBSKDEICZ1

Lucky
http://s24..com/d.aspx?id=3EWSH1DVB17EH1PFQSZOTYZ2K2

No Surprises
http://s24..com/d.aspx?id=2GPO6HR6372PC3FTQ98QU77HCQ

Karma Police
http://s24..com/d.aspx?id=0EZKR7XMF9TKA2IOX6DWA7XYQ1

I want Radiohead to finish "Hail to the Theif".

I think HTTT was the first record where the sun broke through. Where they had some serious fun.

I saw a interview...let me find it...here

In Janaury 2003 Ed revealed that the atmosphere in the band is "fucking brilliant" compared to the frosty recording sessions for their last two albums 'Kid A' and 'Amnesiac, and that the new songs contain "space and sunshine and energy".

I want more of that.

I have seen the sad and the passion in RH, now I want the joy and exuberance.

But I dont think we will get that.

They made it in a huanted house where as HTTT was in LA.

I am sure it will be good.

I just like sometimes for the distance to vanish.

Tarvark said:
I want Radiohead to finish "Hail to the Theif".

I think HTTT was the first record where the sun broke through. Where they had some serious fun.

I saw a interview...let me find it...here

I want more of that.

I have seen the sad and the passion in RH, now I want the joy and exuberance.

But I dont think we will get that.

They made it in a huanted house where as HTTT was in LA.

I am sure it will be good.

I just like sometimes for the distance to vanish.

:up:
that's exactly what mrBrau was getting at when he suggested radiohead invent themselves again with big choral arrangements, hip-swaying tunes. think of them making their 'wake up! boo!'...:drool:
phil specter wall of noise....fookin' beautiful it'd be, i tellya!

who knows, it's tough to predict what direction they'll take with mr. stent at the helm...

dudeman said:

:up:
that's exactly what mrBrau was getting at when he suggested radiohead invent themselves again with big choral arrangements, hip-swaying tunes. think of them making their 'wake up! boo!'...:drool:
phil specter wall of noise....fookin' beautiful it'd be, i tellya!

who knows, it's tough to predict what direction they'll take with mr. stent at the helm...

Yeah, i guess so, slight difference though...

I find the atmospheric side of Kid A to be beautiful. I find the sublities and the concepts to be mind boggling.

He is looking for that other direction, not a "3 minute pop song thing" but a band looking to make amazing music with out having a dense set of schematics that possibly over shadows kills, progressions, and conventions that make music :drool:

I.E. I take mrBrau as a Van Gough fan over a Pollock sort of guy.

I must say I am a mix of both, but for this RH record I want a Pollock that uses more vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges if that makes any sense.

Well I guess if any of that makes sense. And if I got Brau's take right.

Anyway if anyone that got the email would be kind enough to forward it along to NorseA @gmail.com I would be really really greatful :drool:

Tarvark said:

Yeah, i guess so, slight difference though...

I find the atmospheric side of Kid A to be beautiful. I find the sublities and the concepts to be mind boggling.

He is looking for that other direction, not a "3 minute pop song thing" but a band looking to make amazing music with out having a dense set of schematics that possibly over shadows kills, progressions, and conventions that make music :drool:

I.E. I take mrBrau as a Van Gough fan over a Pollock sort of guy.

I must say I am a mix of both, but for this RH record I want a Pollock that uses more vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges if that makes any sense.

Well I guess if any of that makes sense. And if I got Brau's take right.

Anyway if anyone that got the email would be kind enough to forward it along to NorseA @gmail.com I would be really really greatful :drool:

Nicely worded. And I will pass the links on to NorseA.

Tarvark said:

You have mail.

NorseA @gmail.com

They are amazing.

Alot to digest though.Care to point out some favorites, interesting songs, or dislikes?

I think the best b-sides are :gagging order, worrywort, the amazing sounds of orgy, Cuttooth, and talk show host. I f*cking love gagging order:drool:

EDIT..

I also recommend :How can you be sure, how I made millions , fog ,pearly, Polyethylene(Part 1 And 2). The early version of Motion picture soundtrack is pretty good :wave:

Last edited:
xaviMF22 said:
I think the best b-sides are :gagging order, worrywort, the amazing sounds of orgy, Cuttooth, and talk show host. I f*cking love gagging order:drool:

Thankyou, I owe you soo much for getting me further in to Radiohead.

Just curious, have you heard the Thom and Bjork duet, "I've seen it all" or something like that...If so what do you think of it?

Tarvark said:

Thankyou, I owe you soo much for getting me further in to Radiohead.

Just curious, have you heard the Thom and Bjork duet, "I've seen it all" or something like that...If so what do you think of it?

I've actually never heard that, bit since I'm recently getting into Bjork I would be interested in hearing this:wink: :wave:

didn't thom sing with bjork on the soundtrack version of one of those songs from 'dancer in the dark'? i seem to remember it being pretty cool

that was one crazy fucking movie.:ohmy:
completely scrambled my mind...

Back
Top Bottom