Radiohead Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like these Radiohead threads always just come around to people saying which albums they prefer over the others, and then eventually ranking the albums.

These assholes need to put out some new shit so we can actually talk about something.

1. GAF
2. Lance
2. mikal
3. Elfa

In which I rank the posters currently on this page, and state which ones I prefer over the others.

I feel like these Radiohead threads always just come around to people saying which albums they prefer over the others, and then eventually ranking the albums.

These assholes need to put out some new shit so we can actually talk about something.

It more has to do with the massive love of ranking things a lot of the present posters here have. Back in the day, there was much more "discussion". Not just the rankings, ratings, or "I like this and hate anyone who doesn't" type comments like I make.

In regards to a new album, it hasn't even been 2 years since In Rainbows came out. I think it's pretty safe to assume we won't have another album from them for another 2 or 3 years at this point.

I'm curious now, what kind of "discussions" did you guys have?

Hmm, I don't know. Maybe I'm just glorifying the past because my future has dried up (lamest quote evaroflcopter), but I remember far more talk about reasons for liking or not liking things, people seemed to justify whatever they were arguing or saying more. Things just seemed wordier, more explanation. That sort of thing.

Granted, I think the internet as a whole has lost some of that. Twitter instead of Blogs. Metacritic instead of reviews. Etc. Peepil b lazay!

Let's kick some shell!!

Personally I was always a Raph fan, and I'm referring to the comic, which I followed about a year after it hit the scene. Coolest weapons, obviously.

1109438401profile_raphael.gif

Yeah, when you fight with the same things as the Yellow Ranger, then you're doing a good job.

trinimontage.jpg

In regards to a new album, it hasn't even been 2 years since In Rainbows came out. I think it's pretty safe to assume we won't have another album from them for another 2 or 3 years at this point.

Apparently they may test some new material during the summer shows, but the source for this - Pitchfork, I believe - seemed to be interpreting Ed's comments rather liberally.

Apparently they may test some new material during the summer shows, but the source for this - Pitchfork, I believe - seemed to be interpreting Ed's comments rather liberally.

I'm sure they will play some new stuff the next time they play live, whenever that may be. That said, Nude had been played live since the late 90's before finally being released on In Rainbows, so that may not be saying a whole lot for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom