Radiohead discussion continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad everyone (almost) is loving this. I think I have to wait until tomorrow for a good, secluded headphones listen.

New Radiohead + Cavs playoff game + finally nice Chicago weather = Everything's coming up Milhouse!!!

How is an alphabetical track list confusing?

People not knowing if it was intentional or an error on the sites selling the album?

Obviously the official site has confirmed it but early listings would certainly make someone wonder if that was correct.

Also, there should be a hyphen between "moon" and "shaped".

Am I reading this right: if I order the vinyl I don't get immediate download?

apparently so.
pretty crap, to be honest. hopefully they'll change that if enough people kick up a stink, was pretty surprised to see a download wasn't included, not exactly fair. silver lining to my buyer's remorse I guess

Am I reading this right: if I order the vinyl I don't get immediate download?

That's what I understood. Only the special edition gets you immediate download codes.

I ended up getting a free trial for Tidal to listen to the album. Added bonus of getting Prince's discography for the next month.

not really the band's fault or a flaw in the album if people got confused by a leak...

am on True Love Waits now, sounds beautiful, not what I was expecting.

Initial thoughts:

This is a really cinematic album, with Jonny's score influence all over the place. I absolutely love the way the strings meld with Thom's piano on most of the songs. Burn the Witch and Daydreaming work surprisingly well together. I love the acoustic melody for Desert Island Disk, the groove of Ful Stop, the incredible second half of Identikit, the way The Numbers keeps building up and of course, closing with a gorgeous take on True Love Waits. There's a lot going on and this will need multiple listens to unpack, but I'm much more fascinated and happy with this than The King of Limbs. A great album that seems like it will only get better on repeated listens.

Identikit sure evolved into something gorgeous since the last tour.

The Numbers is stunning.

Damn, I'm really happy right now. I guess it's the closest album to In Rainbows, but much more understated. Will listen to it again a couple more times today.

What a wonderful thing to wake up to, a new album at long last.
Looking forward to setting aside an hour to properly first-listen to this later.

Hope there is something as quirkily endearing as Bloom.

Super excited!

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Well I got a surprisingly fast refund for the special edition. Instant refund remorse!! haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom