Radiohead concert reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FOREVERFOREVERFOREVERFOREVERFOREVERFOREVER

I am still digesting my first Radiohead experience, but I think I can honestly say that that was the coolest fucking show I've ever seen. Wow.

:combust:

It was incredibly humid last night, but from time to time, I had some major goosebumps. What else to say? Like Digi said, the lighting was spectacular. And those guys are amazing.

Hmm...it's hard to pick favorites, but Myxomatosis and The National Anthem were pretty rockin'. It was also nice to hear the Bends...

Last edited:
Oopsie...double post. This one's for Jonny, hiding under his hair...

Last edited:
i think Wolf at the Door at Columbia was pretty unexpected by myself and I have to say that it was indeed awesome

Digi, those are some great photos. They make me excited for my show. Thanks for the link.

13.jpg

Jonny looks like a mad scientist in this one:
44.jpg

My God, what an amazing show. I don't really think I even expected a show as great as that was last night. :sexywink:

It was cool to hear The Bends, and I thought Everything In Its Right Place and A Wolf at the Door were great. Definitely a few goosebump moments thrown in there, as well. :up:

I only wish that they had come to MI! :scream: :shame:

Last edited:
back..........

Fucking amazing. I was upgraded to the pit (we had obstucted view seats - and the venue determined they were "too obstructed, meaning, we couldn't see ANYTHING). I was 15 feet from Thom for the whole show. Unbelievable. I was sad that Mirrorball Girl and Hallelujah could not enjoy this with me (cell phone service was useless in the venue).

More later...I am going to find a set list...but I do have to say The Gloaming was a highlight...but I am sure my mind will change in five minutes. The whole night was a highlight.

I am so glad I get to do it all again next saturday!

Cool. One of my best friends who lives in chi-town was there. I believe she said they opened with fake plastic trees. How did ed look up close? ;)

setlist:
01 2+2=5
02 sit down. stand up
03 where i end and you begin
04 kid a
05 backdrifts
06 lucky
07 paranoid android
08 sail to the moon
09 fake plastic trees
10 we suck young blood
11 go to sleep
12 just
13 scatterbrain
14 the gloaming
15 idioteque
16 no surprises
17 there there ("This is a song about peace, love and whatever." ~ Thom)

Encore #1:
18 you and whose army?
19 the national anthem
20 myxomatosis
21 street spirit

Encore #2:
22 karma police
23 everything in its right place

No real suprises in the set, unfortunately. But, I am NOT going to complain. I am still in awe, and was annoying my friends still this morning with my hapiness.

The venue was lousy. Ain't no Red Rocks. And cell phone service was horrible (It is sooo sad how dependent we are on cell phones...I would have NEVER seperated from MBG and Hallelujah if I knew serivce was going to be so bad).

It is so funny how Thom is so smug with media folks, brushing them off. But, when he gets on stage - he is an attention-grabbing spaz. I loved it. He reminded me of Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) when he was playing with the mini camera on the piano.

I was directly in front of Mr. O'Brien (ed) for the whole show. He is a good looking fellow. ;) He interacted with the people around me quite a bit. And then there was Colin Greenwood...he seemed so happy the whole night. Like a big freak, constantly smiling and clapping. He seems to really thrive off of the energy from the crowd. I wanted to find out wht was on Jonny's shirt.

Unbelievable show. I am so happy I get to do it all again in a week.

next time i go, i will be in front of ed

Hmm...well I guess Julie was wrong about the opener. But then again, she smoked a couple joints there with her boyfriend. Heh.

I also was at Alpine, amazing set, the energy of the band is unreal, much more than I anticipated given the dark feel of most of thier songs. I really liked the venue and had no problem with my cell :)wink:). Thom was on point, very entertaining, Colin looked like he was having the most fun. But to me, Jonny stole the show, this man is amazing, he does sooooo much to make things sound the way they do and is an absolute genius on guitar! His guitar piece during Backdrifts was phenomenol! The only thing he didnt do was sing. Another thing I must mention is the spectacular lighting, it was soooo crisp I felt like I was watching an Unplugged set or something. My only dissapointments, no Airbag and no Wolf. Other than that, fabulous....

9/10

-EP

was this concert the best concert you guys have ever seen? how does it rank to you? i know its a stupid question, but i cant help but ask anyway.

It has come to my attention that there are Radiohead B-Sides that are available on Soulseek from the Go To Sleep single called:
Gagging Order
I am a Wicked Child
I am Citizen Insane
Where the Bluebirds Fly
Fog (live)
and lastly Paperbag Writer
-wasn't sure if you all knew or not

indeed, but thanks anyway dr musk.

where bluebirds fly and paperbag writer are b-sides for the there there single, while the rest were recently released on the go to sleep single.

if you really want them, i could probably find a site thats hosting them for download?

Thanx Digi-mon.

Mofo & Cujo! Salt Lake on Thursday? Where are your seats? I'm in the pit area.

DiGi said:
Cleveland show - 128kb - not all files are there yet. I have not listened so I have no idea of the quality, but nevertheless:

http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?showtopic=8227

OK, I'm on Morning Bell right now. I listened to Sit Down... and there was one annoying ass going "YEEEAAAHHH" during the beginning, but I guess in overall quality it's not too bad. I guess it was this person's first time recording, so... There are always going to be idiots screaming and such on boots, just gotta grin and bear it. :tongue:

Thanks for the links, Digi! You da man! :up:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

OK, I'm on Morning Bell right now. I listened to Sit Down... and there was one annoying ass going "YEEEAAAHHH" during the beginning, but I guess in overall quality it's not too bad. I

Fuuuck! That must have been me. :reject:

:sexywink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom