Radiohead boxed set...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's going to buy that though?

Obviously rabid fans of the band already have most, if not all, of the music in that set and you don't want to give a casual fan an expensive box set that they may or may not like.

I don't know, a 2-disc Best Of would have been more conducive for the Chri$tma$ buy.

I much prefer the Amnesiac CryingMonster flash drive, and I'm preparing a gig-by-gig comparison to explain why.

(no one else thinks these jokes are funny, do they?)

Wouldn't touch that set with a deathbear-shaped pole. I smell a greatest hits on the horizon...

allow me to make myself clear on one thing. anytime a deathbear is produced, i'm truly excited.

however...

this is the LAMEST... LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMESSSSSSSST thing i have heard in AGES.

so many caps... i must be serious or something.

i mean this is worse than a greatist hits package. what's EMI thinking?

couldn't they have put any proper thought into this? i mean honestly, who will this appeal to?? anyone??

Part of me is dying to get these digipacks, even if HATE digipacks, because of the words "limited edition"!
lazarus said:
Can someone PLEASE explain to me what this pwned thing means? I am totally lost.
Ah, happy to. I didn't know myself until a few months ago. Apparently it originates in the slang "owned". You own someone means you "have eomething over them" in an honor-like way. Then someone mistyped the world as "PWN" and apparently Moby mentioned it in a lyric, and people started writing "pwned" whenever they had an opportunity to humiliate someone. Pretty silly and fraternity-ish to me.

Last edited:
This thread lost me at 'hello.'

And I don't buy that definition of 'pwned' at all. :tsk:

["smart" music fan]oh my god. i'm going to have to hate radiohead now. it's the only way.[/"smart" music fan]

Muldfeld said:

Ah, happy to. I didn't know myself until a few months ago. Apparently it originates in the slang "owned". You own someone means you "have eomething over them" in an honor-like way. Then someone mistyped the world as "PWN" and apparently Moby mentioned it in a lyric, and people started writing "pwned" whenever they had an opportunity to humiliate someone. Pretty silly and fraternity-ish to me.

wow. just wow. stop it dude

t8thgr8 said:

wow. just wow. stop it dude

I left that reply here when I split the threads since the first part was actually on-topic. The other bickering and off-topic replies have been moved, so I'd appreciate it if we could just get off that.

Canadiens1160 said:
Surely rabid fans wouldn't bother buying a re-hashed compilation release, would they?

:lol:

well played, sir.

I think Admiral Ackbar has some good advice for Radiohead fans right now.

lazarus said:
I think Han Solo has good advice for them too:

"Don't get cocky!"

BTW, the split and locked part of the thread pwns this one. I just had one hell of a laugh rereading that whole thing.

http://forum.interference.com/t181502.html

I wish I had gotten a last word in to a certain poster before that closed, but oh well. It was the perfect example of pwnage.

I've asked most of my Radiohead buddies if they'd buy the set, and they all answered no. So EMI is teh phail right now.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
I wish I had gotten a last word in to a certain poster before that closed, but oh well. It was the perfect example of pwnage.

Don't sweat it. Someone basically whining "leave me alone!!!" at you doesn't really constitute pwnage.

No greatest hits/compilation rights provision in the contract = no way EMI can 'fiddle' with/cash in on their Radiohead catalogue outside of bundling like this.

It's not that crazy either - a whole new market may have been opened up by the In Rainbows download, and this isn't that expensive a way of snapping up the entire back catalogue in one hit.

lazarus said:

Don't sweat it. Someone basically whining "leave me alone!!!" at you doesn't really constitute pwnage.

Even if it's overly eloquent?

Shucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom