Radiohead: Band not in Crisis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, nice.

When the heck are we going to get "real" versions of Daily Mail and Staircase? Hook us up with a digital single like Supercollider / Butcher, dudez.

Or do another 12" single. Even though it was $16 for two songs, I've given that thing a ton of spins. Much more than my actual TKOL 10"s.

So is Colbert on at 10:30 out here as well? 'Cause I'm not going to make it until 9 tonight.

zzzzzz......

Maybe I can watch the rerun tomorrow evening.

I hate being in the day-late time zone for The Daily Show and Colbert. It pisses me off on a regular basis.

Lotus Flower is a great song.

Saw the SNL performance and, yeah, Thommy's vocal wasn't close to perfect, but his dancing was entertaining as hell.

2 hours until Colbert.

Still not sure I get the two drummers thing (and that goes for any band that's done it), but I'll be damned if "The Daily Mail" isn't hot hot hot.

Oh good. They mentioned Boner. Now we can put this in our favorite late-night-TV-apropos-of-nothing Shuttlecock references lists in the Random Music thread. Our long national nightmare is over.

Something about "Little by Little" still sounds super Amnesiacy to me. And that's a compliment.

It's only going to be a half hour on the reruns, but yeah. The first interview was really funny, the performances were great, Colbert was in fine form as always, and it was obvious that everyone was having a good time. Nice bit of television to mellow me out after a victory by one of my sportsketball teams.

Yessssssssssssss.

I couldn't stay up until 12:30AM to watch it in my time zone but while I was making my tea at 5AM it occurred to me I could watch it with tea on DVR. :D

The performances were so much better than SNL. Just awesome, in fact. Daily Mail and Bloom were fantastic.

I don't know what's up with the new drummer either but I like him (they need three drummers on Bloom, including Jonny)?. And they need to take the horns on the road, too.

It never occurred to me even once that having the horns meant they might play
National Anthem
so that was a nice surprise except my DVR cut it off short. Friggin DVR.

Television Face was funny, too.

And by the way, full episode here:
http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/mon-september-26-2011-radiohead

with bonus performances (except "Codex" isn't really "Codex" :grumpy: )

I enjoyed watching the Colbert performances but... BE QUIET, THOM! I don't know what's happening with him, he always "danced" and moved a lot, but since he learnt the "epiletic chicken dance" for the "Lotus Flower" video, he does that on stage and the vocal performances are around the atrocious. I hated his singing at "The National Anthem" and "Morning Mr. Magpie".
Enjoyed to see a faster "Little By Little" compared to the Basement version and they can have how many drummers they wish, "Bloom" is very good, I think.

Bloom sounds stellar. I've never seen this Colbert show before, but the interviews were kind of uncomfortable to watch...

That's just his shtick. He's in character as a clueless know-it-all conservative, but is quite the opposite.

Think I pretty much enjoyed all these songs considerably more on the basement show. Little By Little is cool though.

Where did Ed's crazy guitar sounds disappear during Little By Little? That is what makes that song. It might have been a mix problem. Anyway, I do believe the From the Basement versions of the songs were better, but Bloom is turning out to be one of their great live songs. Morning Mr.Magpie is slowly but surely becoming my least favourite Radiohead song. I even prefer We Suck Young Blood to this turd.

I usually don't comment on band members' hairs or clothing or socks etc., but Ed... seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom