Radiohead at Copenhagen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xaviMF22

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Today the band played their first gig from their 2006 tour

Setlist was:

'Everything In Its Right Place'
'Planet Telex'
'Bangers 'N' Mash'
'Open Pick'
'Karma Police'
'Black Star'
'Nude'
'15 Step'
'Street Spirit (Fade Out)'
'A Wolf At The Door'
'The Bends'
'4 Minute Warning'
'Pyramid Song'
'House Of Cards'
'Idioteque'
'Spooks'
'There There'

Encore:

'Bodysnatchers'
'You And Whose Army'
'Let Down'
'Paranoid Android'

Second Encore:

'Lucky'

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/22997

Oh my god! I just got chills reading that. OooooOooOoOOO! So glad I got tickets today!

Oh man, Planet Telex and Black Star! Awesome...:drool: I'm loving the amound of Bends material in there. :up:

Opening with Everything is a nice choice! Love it. And Let Down much be absolutely gorgeous...jesus...You and Whose Army too, man oh man, good shit right there.

Most of all though I am excited about Lucky closing the show. That rocks. I hope that become a tour staple. One of their all-time bests I say. No surprises didn't make an appearance. I hope it does for my show. Let's see... what else?

Well it's a damn fine setlist. I can't wait to hear the new songs. Should be a blast. Black Star. Man. How cool is that. :drool:

Ok, that's enough drooling for the time being. Thanks for the update! :D

Let me reitterate as well.

LEEEETTTT DOOOWWWNNN AND HANGGGING AROUND!

Yeah, nevermind, this is my most anticipated song there. Listening to it again now. So fucking good. Damn.

I'm not very up on the new tracks... what's the sound this time around. Is it a departure from HTTT? I certainly hope so, because it's just my opinion that HTTT was a weak Radiohead effort, by far my least favorite album of theirs. I'm probably in the minority, but has the new sound shifted more away from that and gone back to a more Bends/OK Comp sound?

Don't get me wrong, I love KID A and Amnesiac to death, but I just felt HTTT was pulled in too many directions at once, and suffered from it. I feel like it's long past time to shift away from the electronica-style of the last 3 albums.

have you heard some of the live versions they've played of the new songs?
If not I'll post them and then make a decision:wink:

hmmm :hmm: I like the way you think... Why don't you just post one or two or what you believe to be the best of the new tracks and let me give a listen? ;)

"house of cards"
hxxp://s52. .com/d.aspx?id=0FD2X6U9VJHKJ0GUHUH25DSRKY

"cymbal rush"
hxxp://s52. .com/d.aspx?id=3G1R12CYCI7WJ3S0LCKAR84UNQ

"bodysnatchers"
hxxp://s52. .com/d.aspx?id=3KBO9HLHP8FHO2D4402BOZ1RV0

"arpeggi"
hxxp://s52. .com/d.aspx?id=3V1Y5RWIS7XLX3G6WK985NDK3M

Last edited:
Listening to House of Cards right now...full report in 2 minutes.

I have heard Arpeggi before though, really beautiful, like it a lot.

Edit: Yeah, I offically demand a Thom Yorke solo album after Radiohead finished up this next album and tour.

here is a review:

Review: Copenhagen, Night 1

The new stage is pretty similar to HTTF tour except the backdrop and lighting are different. The backdrop is full of small video screens that have images of the band displayed at times, other times abstract versions of a member on their instrument. EIIRP opened the show and didn't close for a change. What a surprise. The lighting during Telex was incredible. Bangers and Mash featured Thom on tambourine for the first half then he switched to a small drum kit to finish the song. Open Pick featured Thom on guitar. Black Star was great. Nude (Big Ideas) was a slower version than I ever remember hearing. 15 Step probably featured the best new lyric "how come I end where I started" over and over a few times. Street Spirit (Fade Out) was as usual. Wolf at the Door, Thom seemed to hit every line which always amazes me. THE BENDS, my fave RH song of all time, holy snaps! 4 Minute Warning featured Thom on piano, great new song. Pyramid Song was as usual. House of Cards featured Thom on guitar. Idioteque kicked like always. Spooks was instrumental, short and kinda surf rockish? There There, always good, esp. when Johnny switches from Drums to guitar....that boy can play. Encore 1, Bodysnatchers featured Thom on guitar and he said something over and over about the lights going out. You and whose army again featured Thom singing to the camera. Let Down, was a treat and sounded great. Paranoid Android, nothing else to say about that one. Encore 2, Lucky....we were to see them opening night of the tour (full band that is) and we are lucky to see them again tomorrow night. A California boy in Denmark, who'da thunk?

http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?showtopic=84104

Wow, House of Cards blew me away. I really hope this points in the direction of the next album. MELODIES. It's all about melodies. How I have missed melodic Radiohead. Beautiful.

Bodysnatchers on the other hand isn't rocking my world. Sounds like a HTTT outtake, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

xaviMF22 said:
they played "let down":drool: :drool:

they havent in almost six years!!!!1:drool:

According to 58hours.com, they haven't played it since 4/18/98 in New York. It's such an awesome song, I'm really glad they've brought it back. I'll be curious to see if they've changed the arrangement at all.

Lancemc said:
Wow, House of Cards blew me away. I really hope this points in the direction of the next album. MELODIES. It's all about melodies. How I have missed melodic Radiohead. Beautiful.

Bodysnatchers on the other hand isn't rocking my world. Sounds like a HTTT outtake, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I liked HTTT, and wouldn't mind seein another album in the same vein.
Still I would take anything radiohead throw at me:wink: :wink:

I'm glad to hear The Bends rocked. I kind of thought the HTTT Tour versions kind of sucked. Thom decided to stop singing the lines in turn of mumbling the entire song. Not good. Hope that changed. Anyways, I always like a show will awesome lighting. Can't wait to see it.

On a different note, Cymbal Rush sounds nice. Again, it's melodic. Gorgeous. This is how Radiohead should sound.

Matt786 said:

According to 58hours.com, they haven't played it since 4/18/98 in New York. It's such an awesome song, I'm really glad they've brought it back. I'll be curious to see if they've changed the arrangement at all.

:drool: :drool:

Matt786 said:

I was at that show (the 4/18/98). :D Fantastic show, although I remember The Trickster (also the last time that was played) way more than Let Down, guess maybe I should d/l the boot to refresh my memory before the NY shows this time. :)

new song!!!1 sound like something of off kid A:drool: :drool:

bangers n mash

hxxp://download.ysi.com/68CA4BCA70670334

some new bootlegs of the new songs have arrived.

Anyway from what I can tell radiohead have taken on a new direction. It more rockier like their earlier stuff, but I dont know how to describe it.
"house of cards" has a reggae vibe to it. "15 step" sounds like idioteque on crack. "Spooks" is am instrumental and has jonny playing a crazy riff "Open Pick" is radiohead back at guitars. "Bodysnatchers" is definitely the most developed of theses songs and the best one imo :wink: Enjoy..

hxxp://www.sf.com/files/8246512

^^save file

Last edited:
here is a full vesion of "4 minute warning"

Radiohead doing Neil Young.....:drool: or :|

hxxp://s59.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=0GQEWG48CW2AS1OV5WZ080TX3I

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom