Radiohead are Dull!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ace Rimmer

The Fly
Radiohead are the most overrated band of our generation, Pablo Honey and the Bends were decent albums, Ok computer was good (well some of it) Kid A and Amnesiac are just plain dull, you need a truck full of drugs to enjoy it even then it would have you need to stay awake, So its experimental.. so was the Wall by pink floyd and even POP by U2, the big difference is they are bloody good albums and the experiment worked, In Radioheads case it just sounds like bad lift music.

As for what U2 and Radiohead have in common.. nothing apart from the fact that they are both huge bands, the difference is U2 ignite a fire in you, Radiohead put it out again
smile.gif

The last good record Radiohead released was Creep. I saw them live in 93 and to be honest even though they were a support band they were awfull..

Just my 2 cents..

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Originally posted by Ace Rimmer:
As for what U2 and Radiohead have in common.. nothing apart from the fact that they are both huge bands, the difference is U2 ignite a fire in you, Radiohead put it out again
eek.gif

You need to listen to each of their songs about 10 times before it gets you. They catch you slowly but inescapable. You're getting addicted to Radiohead-music after the 20th time listening.
The most overrated musician of our generation, btw, is Bj?rk.

------------------
Take the money and run

Yeah you really need to listen to them more to get it. I had to.

Though you should have posted this in the Radiohead Suck thread.
rolleyes.gif

Uh, I was going to agree with Don Vito Corleone up until his incredibly shortsighted comment about the divine Bjork. A pox on you!
Radiohead are only over-rated in the sense that they are so good that people occasionally hyperbolize a bit when discussing them.

MAP

Radiohead are overrrated in a way that when you simply don't like their music that much you are treated as a musical neanderthal
as if it's impossible to just not like it

it's about as bad as the reactions you get at a U2 forum when you don't think of U2's POP as one of their finest moments

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
Radiohead are overrrated in a way that when you simply don't like their music that much you are treated as a musical neanderthal
as if it's impossible to just not like it

it's about as bad as the reactions you get at a U2 forum when you don't think of U2's POP as one of their finest moments

And also, some U2 fans simply find it impossible to believe that some people don't like U2, maybe they don't think U2 sucks, they just don't like them.

Maybe this is one reason why so many U2 fans seem to be Radiohead fans too, at least the younger ones?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 01-28-2002).]

Don, I think you should take your own advice when it comes to Bjork. It took me longer to like her music than Radiohead. I'm not sure of her earlier albums but Vespertine is achingly beautiful.

Bjork is one of the most original and incredibly talented artists out there. If we're talking over rated, lets perhaps pick on people without her amount of musical ability that do get critical and public acclaim.

Its all just a matter of opinion really, isn't it?

honestly, who fucking cares???

so what if you don't like radiohead, who do you like besides U2? gives us some examples as to what you think is better and why. if U2 is all you have to go by, then what a fucking pointless argument, because the two bands strive for different things in their songs and music; radiohead's darker themes of alienation and despair turn a lot of people off, which is fine, you find it dull, I don't; your complaints have been heard and registered with the rest of them.

thanks for listening and enjoy the rest of your day
smile.gif

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
honestly, who fucking cares???

so what if you don't like radiohead, who do you like besides U2? gives us some examples as to what you think is better and why.
I like The Beach Boys, Palace Music/Bonnie Prince Billy, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, R.E.M., AC/DC, Aphex Twin, Tindersticks, Miles Davis, Gram Parsons, Los Lobos, John Coltrane, Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, Underworld, 16 Horsepower, Talking Heads, Talk Talk and some more I don't care to mention right now

I prefer them all more than Radiohead because their music gives me more enjoyment

what was your point again?
my point is -- I don't fucking care either
* 6 people find fun in posting numeral Radiohead related threads in EYKIW -- I still don't think that was terrible funny, but oh well
* Elvis creates a Radiohead forum -- well, it's his site, so he can
* people use this forum to give their opinion about Radiohead and since this IS a U2 forum most people here don't like them that much/some people abuse this forum about the same way you guys abused the EYKIW forum

fuck, fuck, fuck
right

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:

* people use this forum to give their opinion about Radiohead and since this IS a U2 forum most people here don't like them that much/some people abuse this forum about the same way you guys abused the EYKIW forum

I don't think that we abused EYKIW. Yes, we posted about radiohead but we never said that U2 sucked or was dull. We are U2 fans first and foremost. We just also happen to like radiohead. We were just playing. You should be very pleased now because virtually every thread in main is related to U2. You really did whip that forum into shape, I have to say. Personally, I kind of prefered the chaotic mix that we used to have but thats just me and I know that alot of people thought it was too crazy. So now everything is in it's right place. We post about U2 in main and radiohead here. Everyone should be happy but I guess we still have some details to work out.

That said, I have noticed Salome making an effort to participate in this forum on several occasions even though radiohead isn't his favorite band and I appreciate that.

I think its important to talk about this and get it all out in the open.

I'm very sleepy now.
goodnight.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

[This message has been edited by Calluna (edited 01-29-2002).]

Well said Salome.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Back
Top Bottom