radiohead and U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i believe the point to this thread is that these are the two best bands today (probably), and he doesnt want any bon jovi or loser creed fans here.

Calluna said:
we're like crystal
we break easy

Oh wait, that's New Order but you get the idea.
Very clever Calluna!

Sometimes, I hear a new record by a fairly new artist (ie, Doves, Coldplay...), and I'll think they may end up being one of my favourite bands one day, maybe even a favourite. However, everytime I happen to see a U2 video, or experience a U2 moment (such as seeing and feeling '40' transform Red Rocks into a mystical and spiritual ritual, as it does on that video), I remember exactly why no other band in the world even comes close - not even Radiohead.

Michael Griffiths said:

Very clever Calluna!

Sometimes, I hear a new record by a fairly new artist (ie, Doves, Coldplay...), and I'll think they may end up being one of my favourite bands one day, maybe even a favourite. However, everytime I happen to see a U2 video, or experience a U2 moment (such as seeing and feeling '40' transform Red Rocks into a mystical and spiritual ritual, as it does on that video), I remember exactly why no other band in the world even comes close - not even Radiohead.

I agree completely.

Michael Griffiths said:

I remember exactly why no other band in the world even comes close - not even Radiohead.

That is so very true.When I read all the magazines and stuff on the net, I get all hyped up.I appreicate Radiohead,but then it just takes one note from U2 to change all the chemical vibes around me.I cannot say they are the best ever, but I can certainly say they are more than best ever for me.

Elvis Presley said:
Clear for me too,

U2 is #1
Radiohead is #1A

well put... :sexywink:

new order...im selling that cd i got of theirs at the beginning of the year. awful lyrics, makes me cringe. 60 mph and slow jam are by far the two best songs, but everything else is blah to me.

Yeah well I wish this were the case with most Radiohead fans.
Most U2 fans I know love Radiohead, but I'm afraid vice-versa aint looking so good.

There is nothing worse than a Radiohead fan that hates U2!
Both bands have shared the same sort of career with their experimentalism and evolution.

But what I hate is dumb ass Radiohead fans that don't acknowledge this for U2, but claim that Radiohead are the one and only band to do this.:mad:

i agree prodigy. radiohead fans on the net at least, believe that if a band uses a guitar for any conventional purposes (for instance, to play it) then they have sold out and arent original.

meanwhile they sit in their basement waiting for the next star wars to come out as their parents beg them to get their 30 year old ass out of their house and find a job.

pr0digy said:
Yeah well I wish this were the case with most Radiohead fans.
Most U2 fans I know love Radiohead, but I'm afraid vice-versa aint looking so good.

There is nothing worse than a Radiohead fan that hates U2!
Both bands have shared the same sort of career with their experimentalism and evolution.

But what I hate is dumb ass Radiohead fans that don't acknowledge this for U2, but claim that Radiohead are the one and only band to do this.:mad:

yeah, I mean, I used to post on atease.com, but I just got sick and tired of all the u2 bashing that was constantly going on there....so I split and haven't posted in months.

It's sad when a band's fans not only can't acknowledge influences(u2 on radiohead), but fell the need to cut them down.

too bad.:censored:

Zoomerang96 said:
i agree prodigy. radiohead fans on the net at least, believe that if a band uses a guitar for any conventional purposes (for instance, to play it) then they have sold out and arent original.

meanwhile they sit in their basement waiting for the next star wars to come out as their parents beg them to get their 30 year old ass out of their house and find a job.
Yeah, and what's really going to burn their bottoms, is that Radiohead are about to release a pop album, with LOTS of guitars!!! hahahaha! Apparently, the new songs are three minute pop songs, all designed to be singles. Sounds very ATYCLBish, doesn't it? I wish people would realize that this is not selling out. Radiohead and U2 have experimented with their sound so much, that of course they are bound to want to record an album full of catchy tunes now and then. Why do people feel the need to crucify bands that simply want to enjoy making music for a change?

actually Michael, that statement about 3 minute pop songs by ed o'brien is a tongue-in-cheek statement....the question was what will the new album sound like and ed said:
"I'll tell you what I say before each album release; it's all 3 minute pop songs".:sexywink:

judging by last summer's concerts, none of the new tunes fit that description.

however, anything is possible and subject to change in the rh world.:yes:

JOFO said:
actually Michael, that statement about 3 minute pop songs by ed o'brien is a tongue-in-cheek statement....the question was what will the new album sound like and ed said:
"I'll tell you what I say before each album release; it's all 3 minute pop songs".:sexywink:

judging by last summer's concerts, none of the new tunes fit that description.

however, anything is possible and subject to change in the rh world.:yes:
Actually, he made a point of saying that this time it wasn't tongue-in-cheek. The full quote was, "As I always say it?s gonna be an album of three minute pop songs. That?s what they always say but that?s what it is this time.?

Also, the new tunes played in concert are probably not the same ones he's talking about. Radiohead have been in the studio for 4 weeks, coming up with the new material being discussed in that interview. I, for one, would be overjoyed if it turns out to be true!

Last edited:
oh.

that's cool!:up: :dance: :hyper:

I for one would not mind that at all.

I never believe anything that comes out of Radiohead's mouth about their new albums. I wait to listen to the album myself.

Like when Amnesiac was waiting for released, Ed had said that it was going to sound a lot like The Bends...in which I was very excited...but it didn't. It was Kid B, or Kid A part II.

well michael if you really believe ed, i would say dont get your hopes up. i for one dont want pop songs, but at the same time id be happy for something completely different that kid a/amnesiac.

and i think they did that with the tour songs.

there, there , up on the ladder, 2+2=5, sit down stand up and ofcourse sail to the moon (which is the best song they have done in a long time, imo) are fantastic songs.

only one way to find out though, and thats to wait and see what the album will be like when it comes out. isnt that a bold predicition? im a wanker.

Back
Top Bottom