Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are they going to tour with an orchestra, just a string section, or neither?

Reckoner, Nude and Pyramid Song would sound fucking fantastic with a full string section. It could be a good opportunity to bring back Climbing Up the Walls too.

Reckoner, Nude and Pyramid Song would sound fucking fantastic with a full string section. It could be a good opportunity to bring back Climbing Up the Walls too.
Where I End And You Begin as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hmm, I could see them touring with at least a string section - perhaps the extra personnel is why they aren't doing that many dates.

There are parts of this album that are indescribable in their beauty. The fusion of Johnny's orchestration and Thom's meditative piano work on an album-wide scale is long overdue and it pays off enormously.

They went all folk on me. :drool: At least this is what I'm hearing. Cinematic and folk-like. Other than the last track, these are all new to me as well. Might end up being my 3rd favorite album by them. Actually, it probably already is and I'm just an idiot too ashamed to say so. I'm shocked that they sound this good. I'm an idiot for saying that too.

Upon first listen, Burn the Witch and The Numbers are the major standouts for me. Spinning again in the library where I can sit and really listen. I like it more than I was expecting to, considering how much I dislike KOL.

Haven't listened to this yet but gotta say its a rather weird album title, no?

Imagine the shit U2 would get naming an album "A Moon Shaped Pool"

Not that the title really matters much if the music on it is great.

Imagine the shit U2 would get naming an album "A Moon Shaped Pool"
It's Radiohead, don't you know they are God's gift to earth?? They can do no wrong, of course.

Yeah it's a strange title, but I think the art is great.

Also I approve of your username. Hello from Tokyo, state-neighbor!

Last edited:
U2 would call it An Earth Satellite Dimensionally Equivalent to a Water Reservoir

They went all folk on me. :drool: At least this is what I'm hearing. Cinematic and folk-like. Other than the last track, these are all new to me as well. Might end up being my 3rd favorite album by them. Actually, it probably already is and I'm just an idiot too ashamed to say so. I'm shocked that they sound this good. I'm an idiot for saying that too.

What are you considering "folk" like?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Finally got the chance to give it a solid listen. Very strong album. Not willing to rank it or anything like that but I think I'll see myself returning to this one more than I did TKOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

One listen in (which is never enough), but this album is just beautiful on first listen. Usually takes me a 4-5 spins to enjoy a Radiohead album, but I'm already craving to listen to it again,

Ful Stop and Daydreaming are the early highlights for me.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Pablo Honey's You is one of their best songs. Fantastic riff.
Indeed. That song and Blow Out are the only two songs worth returning to on Pablo Honey.

Yorke's long spun out wail in You is a highlight.

Yeah, what a seriously great album. Daydreaming is really gorgeous in the full context of the thing, also listening to the HQ WAVs on my good headphones goes a long way to peeling away the layers here. When True Love Waits started I was a little "oh noooo" because it's lacking the rhythm provided by the acoustic guitars in the I Might Be Wrong version, but it's fantastic here. And super strange in the warm feeling I get from this song finally finding a natural home somewhere on one of their albums, like a kid from the orphanage finding a permanent family.

Anyway, Burn the Witch is still one of the highlights for me. Also Tinker Tailor. Glass Eyes, Decks Dark. I'd never heard Identikit before, but it's super great. All of it really at this point.

Listened to it 3 times between yesterday and today, and it keeps getting better. So much good stuff to dissect. Burn the Witch may end up my favorite song in the whole album (the "low flying panic attack" line gets me every time), but The Numbers and Ful Stop are fantastic. Everything, really. So many gorgeous melodies. The moment where the bass starts in Ful Stop reminds me a lot of Weird Fishes.

I loved the album and it's arty and atmospheric feeling. Can't really imagine them performing these songs live, though.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

What are you considering "folk" like?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The melancholy in the melodies being led by acoustic guitar(s) on several of the tracks gives me this vibe. Usually, there is one or two I can find somewhere, but there is at least double that on this album. The acoustic guitars are more to the front here (to my ears).

What an interesting album. I love listening to it so far, but almost nothing stands out to me yet.

Agreed. If anything, Burn The Witch stands out the most. I've also been listening to that song for a week though.

The term "folk" is kinda tough to define as people tend to use that term pretty liberally.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom