Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
How do you feel, who loves and doesn't like them? For me, I really like some of their songs, they have great lyrics. But they can really annoy me. They are talented.:):wink::wink:;)

Last edited:
I'm tempted...but the new Elliott Smith and The Music discs come out on Tuesday, so...yeah. I actually should only buy one of those...okay, I actually should buy none of those...but I can't help it.

I love Radiohead's output between The Bends and Amnesiac. Pablo Honey is meh, except for Stop Whispering and *gasp, dare I say it?* Creep, and HTTT is not my favorite though it does have Myxomatosis, 2+2=5, There There, and A Punchup at a Wedding. Oh, and We Suck Young Blood. I like the songs on HTTT, I don't know if I like the middle songs all being so similar while all the upbeat stuff is around the ends. Great band though.

Bonochick, you must buy OK Computer as soon as possible. For me, it is the 2nd greatest album of the 90's, after Achtung Baby. After that, get The Bends and Kid A.

They're cool. :cool:

It takes a long time for each of their albums to grow on me, especially Kid A. But Kid A is now one of my favorites.

I still have to get Pablo Honey though...

Mmmmm....Radiohead. :drool:

I adore them. A lot. Own all their albums (thanks, mofo!), with Kid A being my favorite.

:heart:

maro_chik said:
They're cool. :cool:

It takes a long time for each of their albums to grow on me, especially Kid A. But Kid A is now one of my favorites.

I still have to get Pablo Honey though...

Interestingly enough, I found Kid A to be the most immediately accessible. Then again, I'm f*ckin' weird.

These days, I have to take them in low doses. Too much whininess. I'm talking about early Radiohead. Best RH song to me right now is Hunting Bears, incidentally when Thom isn't singing. :D Give me the elegant Leonard Cohen any day.

foray

They're amazing, one of my all time favorites. Fantastic albums, fantastic b-sides, fantastic videos, fantastic concerts. FANTASTIC.

If anyone elver takes over the #1 spot in my 'favorite band' list, it will almost definitely be Radiohead.

:up:

you want proof?

you can't handle the proof. :sexywink:

but in case you can, then listen to airbag.

Radiohead are the only band that I like as much as U2... who holds number 1 spot is always changing.

I saw them live in April :drool: Then they cancelled the second night that I also had a ticket to :(

I've been through a few phases with them. It took me ages to get to like Thom Yorke's voice, and it didn't help matters that I started to pay attention during the Kid A hoopla when about every reviewer in sight was praising its genius which I personally didn't really see. I like The Bends a lot though and really warmed up to them after I saw them live this year - they put up a brilliant show.

u2popmofo said:
They're amazing, one of my all time favorites. Fantastic albums, fantastic b-sides, fantastic videos, fantastic concerts. FANTASTIC.

If anyone elver takes over the #1 spot in my 'favorite band' list, it will almost definitely be Radiohead.

:up:

This is how I feel, too. :up:

love radiohead. can't pick a favourite cd, though. they have an amazing span of music, from good mainstream guitar rock to ultra-bizarro, and i love it all.

Hey but should the listener have to make an effort to get into a band, get used to Thom Yorke's voice? Or, should a band do the work, present a good tune and all? Because you and many critics could just be convincing yourselfs that it's all good? Ive only liked 2+2=5 and creep, shockingly enough but i listen to U2 like all of yous I guess, who drag you into the music, not leave you sitting outside ringing the doorbell, for 40 listens to one album.....................................................

Last edited:
i find u2's music is painfully straightforward, especially their lyrics of late and i can't stand that for more than 10-15 minutes a day.

i used to think radiohead was so incredibly "difficult" and found it rewarding when i finally "got it". well not so anymore. don't get me wrong, i love radiohead, but they're actually not really that difficult at all.

top 5 tunes of mine:

1. fake plastic trees
2. pyramid song
3. airbag
4. lift
5. karma police

Back
Top Bottom