Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers leaked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:
:angry:

By the time I remembered this at 12:13, all that was left was downstairs standing GA. I'm too short for that at this venue.

Work is certainly interfering with my concert schedule lately. :down:

Hubby saw a seated ticket on e-bay for about $50. There are probably more there, I didn't have a chance to look.

And hubby said they were on Conan on Thursday night. He missed it, but found the performance on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikQTp1uyjO8&search=raconteurs conan o'brien

Great album, with so many strong songs. My favourite is "Store Bought Bones" which is really inspired I think.

martha said:
Thanks, Lila! I was thinking yesterday that I usually have pretty good luck on ebay. :) :up:

by the way, there's 2 shows at the Wiltern: Thursday 7/20 and Friday 7/21. And I mentioned ebay since I knew you had had luck with it in the past :wink:

martha said:
Lila, thanks to your advice and inspiration, I was able to score an upper GA for Friday night for face value from a listing on craigslist. :hyper: As soon as she gets the ticket in the mail, it's mine! :cute:

Dear Martha:

In my absence at any Raconteurs show this year, please ogle Mr. Jack White for me at the one you'll be attending. Because you just know he'll be sporting some form of tight pants. And we can't let that go unnoticed.

Your co-consipirator,

April :kiss:

Well, my husband does have tickets to the first show in Hollywood before the Wiltern shows... I haven't heard anything by the Raconteurs yet :reject: Dont know if I'm going to any of the shows or if hubby is taking his best friend :shifty:

I did hear the song they performed on Conan, but only in passing, so I can't really judge... Have to hear/watch it a few more times

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dear April,

I met Martha at the White Stripes last year, and I should run into this weekend at the BAWBQ. She's very :cool:

Interferencer Lila64 :wink:
P.S. - RIP Vito :shifty:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Dear Martha:

In my absence at any Raconteurs show this year, please ogle Mr. Jack White for me at the one you'll be attending. Because you just know he'll be sporting some form of tight pants. And we can't let that go unnoticed.

Your co-consipirator,

April :kiss:

Dear April,

Consider him ogled. :sexywink:

Martha

Hubby saw them perform last night in Hollywood.

Said they played the whole album + a couple of other songs. One was a cover of 'It Ain't Easy' by David Bowie. He prefers the White Stripes over the Raconteurs, but still good. Thought Jack wanted to let loose, but couldn't... Drummer wails though :rockon:

He enjoyed it :up:

I was in upper GA tonite my dear martha. It was fucking AWESOME!!! I wish I could go again, but other obligations keep me from doing so. I could post details if you'd like, unless you want to be surprised. I can tell you that there were two opening acts, neither of which announced their names. The first was a (tall) female (J.Zapata, I found out later) accompanied by a guitarist. She had a lovely voice, but she was putting me to sleep. And her orchestrated moves :huh: The next band was from N.Calif. rocked and were fine. By the time The Raconteurs took the stage, it was 10:45! (Doors to the Wiltern opened at about 8:15-8:20pm, first act on at 9:00pm). They obviously play most of their album and a few covers. Oh, and it was LOUD!!!
I don't even know what song was my favorite. Store Bought Bones? Broken Boy Soldier :hmm:

For anyone debating on whether to see them or not, there's no question. The band rocked!!! And Jack :drool:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:
apparently after their summer tour they will go back to the studio

so I hope for her sake that Meg isn't going to feel bored any time soon

Back
Top Bottom