RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lazarus said:
House of Cards doesn't want to be your friend, anyway.

It just wants to be your lover.

Bend over.

House of Cards, I don't like you either.

martha said:

Oh shit! I didn't see San Diego there. An embarrassment of riches. :reject:

Road trip? :hmm:

Tell me it won't be the Bayside again and I'll join you and Fitz. :hyper:

lazarus said:
You'll be dead!

House of Cards has the death sentence on twelve stereo systems.

Call me crazy, but I think Nude is the weakest song on the album now. Nude being the weakest is still better than most band's high points though.

lazarus said:
For some of us, it was love at first listen.

House of Cards --> :heart:

:yes:

After a listen to the proper disc, I can honestly say that I would put IR up there with anything Radiohead has done not named OK Computer. It's pretty much the exact record I wanted Radiohead to make but didn't think they would actually do. Heck, put the best moments of Amnesiac and HTTT on one disc and I would still take IR on most days.

lazarus said:

The stuff sounds very good live, but I think it's kind of weird that Nude wasn't played. It doesn't seem any more complicated than the other stuff they did in the studio.

Xavi tried to convince me they were actually playing Nude live. He said Jonny was doing stuff. :tsk: Yeah, eating a sandwich I think.

You know what's weird, during House of Cards and the "denial..." section, there's that low bass-sounding part, and when they cut to Colin it didn't look like he was playing it. Could it be Ed? Am I crazy?

LemonMacPhisto said:

Call me crazy, but I think Nude is the weakest song on the album now. Nude being the weakest is still better than most band's high points though.

I still think it's Faust Arp. I like hearing them stripped down, but it's a bit slight.

And it's sure as hell no Gagging Order.

Nude is among the top 5 or so quality-wise. The worst is probably Reckoner or Videotape, but who am I kidding; it's all brilliant.

Yeah. Even though I like to make fun of how they botched Videotape (Scotch Mist seems to have removed some of the problems), there isn't a bad song on the album. There isn't another Radiohead album that has this level of quality control.

LemonMelon said:
Nude is among the top 5 or so quality-wise. The worst is probably Reckoner or Videotape, but who am I kidding; it's all brilliant.

reckoner is brilliant

"because we separate like ripples on a blank shore" :drool: :drool:

lazarus said:
Yeah. Even though I like to make fun of how they botched Videotape (Scotch Mist seems to have removed some of the problems), there isn't a bad song on the album. There isn't another Radiohead album that has this level of quality control.

It's what Hail to the Thief should've been. Even if it turned out to be a damn good album if you trim it to about 12 tracks, including "Gagging Order."

Faust Arp is bliss. I love it.

I've been liking Videotape more recently, I see that one shifting positions with Nude for me in the future.

Reckoner is the shit. Chris Martin is taking notes on that falsetto.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Reckoner is the shit. Chris Martin is taking notes on that falsetto.

Really? I figured he would be too busy listening to Lemon on repeat.

Hard to find a weak or underwhelming track on In Rainbows, Reckoner and Wierd Fishes and House Of Cards are Radiohead classics in my mind.

Weakest track? Used to think Jigsaw, but then it grew on me, and I hate to say it, but Nude doesn't live up to how droolworthy the opening 30 seconds of the track is.

Surprise surprise, no mention on Aussie dates for the upcoming tour. Once again we'll probably be relegated to the end of the world tour, as U2 did for Vertigo.

intedomine said:

Weakest track? Used to think Jigsaw, but then it grew on me, and I hate to say it, but Nude doesn't live up to how droolworthy the opening 30 seconds of the track is.

Oh, but the BASS. :(

joyfulgirl said:

Tell me it won't be the Bayside again and I'll join you and Fitz. :hyper:

I'm so there WHEREVER I can get tickets: L.A., San Diego, Santa Barbara. :drool:

I have a lot of catching up to do since I missed all the Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail To The Thief tours ( :scratch: don't even know if there was an Amnesiac tour?). My RH tour schedule goes: first row The Bends, last row OK Computer, and 8 years later: squat in the middle for In Rainbows preview tour.

I'm ready to re-cycle back to front row again. :hyper: :rockon:

:wink:

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
That would be the guy from Keane.

Tom Chaplain is a fine singer! He don't need to listen to anybody else's songs.

Keane :drool:

I still don't get the Reckoner hype. To me, it's still very clearly the least interesting song on Rainbows, an otherwise fine album! Reckoner is the equivalent of D'Yer Mak'er on Houses. Both songs bring the respective albums down a notch. :grumpy:

Zootlesque said:

Tom Chaplain is a fine singer! He don't need to listen to anybody else's songs.

Keane :drool:

I still don't get the Reckoner hype. To me, it's still very clearly the least interesting song on Rainbows, an otherwise fine album! Reckoner is the equivalent of D'Yer Mak'er on Houses. Both songs bring the respective albums down a notch. :grumpy:

I do agree that he's a good singer, but he uses falsetto and seems to be a fan of '90s U2 (Is It Any Wonder ftw?), too, so that's why I brought it up.

Reckoner is the shit; even my non-Radiohead friends really like it. D'Yer Ma'ker isn't that great, but it's still okay.

^ Oops! :reject: ;)

LemonMacPhisto said:
I do agree that he's a good singer, but he uses falsetto and seems to be a fan of '90s U2 (Is It Any Wonder ftw?), too, so that's why I brought it up.

Ahh I see what you're saying now. But other than Is It Any Wonder, their lush piano melodies remind me nothing of 90s U2!

As for Reckoner, I really don't see in it what you guys see obviously :confused: oh well. :sigh: :wink:

And... Houses may very well be my fav Zep album if only it didn't have that repetitive crap song totally devoid of any substance! I think I skip it even more than I do Reckoner on Rainbows. Zoso still holds the throne. :drool: :wink:

i don't get the similiarities to u2/90s either when it comes to Keane... :huh: I don't see it..

btw... I loveth keane.. (my live at the O2 dvd is on its way here..WOOT!)

At least Is It Any Wonder?, but I'd probably be talking out of my ass if I suggested any more.

Reckoner just space moons it, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom