RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Fanatic4ever said:

FUCK NO!!!

:angry:

<<< wonders when dalton is going to enlighten her on the differences.. :waiting:

:lol:

For the record, I find the CD sounds crisper. Would I have noticed had there not been a discussion about how great CDs sound compared to any kind of compressed files? Hard to say. But ever since that discussion I've been annoyed with my iPod, lol.

Zootlesque said:
Okay I got it! Can't wait to prepare the jewel case. :drool: :wink:

ETA:

IR.jpg

That was fun. :lol:
You did a great job. I'm very clumsy with even putting labels on my VHS videotapes, so I'm a bit worried I'll screw it up. I've preordered a few from amazon for $7.99, but I looked at the stickers for one and was incredibly annoyed the back sticker doesn't extend the full length of the CD case; they made it the exact size as the front cover which doesn't have to extend to the hinge piece.

Also, I'm upset that they didn't just provide a paper insert for the sides and back instead. This way, the stickers will get hacked and peel off through regular wear and tear, and you can't remove them at all.

I think it's Radiohead's conspiracy to make us not take the packaging out and use it on a new jewel box when this gets old. Very upsetting.

U2Fantastic4ever, if you can't tell the difference (and I have barely even heard the album yet), then that's good, right? It means the mp3s weren't so bad after all. I probably won't be able to tell myself, if I ever get around to even listening to the mp3s.

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:

:lol:

For the record, I find the CD sounds crisper. Would I have noticed had there not been a discussion about how great CDs sound compared to any kind of compressed files? Hard to say. But ever since that discussion I've been annoyed with my iPod, lol.
You can upload lossless files to your iPod. My shuffle iPod can hold a bit more than a CD's worth of songs that way.

Muldfeld said:

You can upload lossless files to your iPod. My shuffle iPod can hold a bit more than a CD's worth of songs that way.

Really? I guess I am hopeless. :(

Muldfeld said:

U2Fantastic4ever, if you can't tell the difference (and I have barely even heard the album yet), then that's good, right? It means the mp3s weren't so bad after all. I probably won't be able to tell myself, if I ever get around to even listening to the mp3s.

yeah, I do think its good.. When I looked at the properties for the download version it was at 128kb... So to me it sounds pretty damn good..

I fucked up my Cd making escapade. Everything was going smoothly until I got to that dratted clear In Rainbows sticker, where I lost a little balance in my hands and put it on all wonky. I peeled it off, which was en effort in itself, and straightened it, but it was too late, I've got all these wretched air bubbles showing through.....clumsy fool.

I want my money back.

intedomine said:
I peeled it off, which was en effort in itself, and straightened it, but it was too late, I've got all these wretched air bubbles showing through

Just use a small towel and smooth it out from one side to the other and that will get the bubble out! It happened to me too, trust me. :wink:

Zoomerang96 said:
really interesting videotape video here. definitely worth your time, i'd say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbXLo-N0Hqk

Wow, interesting! Now I'm curious about this Watts chap.

intedomine said:
I fucked up my Cd making escapade. Everything was going smoothly until I got to that dratted clear In Rainbows sticker, where I lost a little balance in my hands and put it on all wonky. I peeled it off, which was en effort in itself, and straightened it, but it was too late, I've got all these wretched air bubbles showing through.....clumsy fool.

I want my money back.

I decided not to put on the front sticker. I was paranoid I would break the case, so I didn't put that sticker on.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RADIOHEAD CONFIRMS NORTH AMERICAN TOUR MARKETS

With In Rainbows having debuted today at #1 on the U.S. charts, RADIOHEAD has confirmed the cities to be visited on the band's upcoming North American tour.

The tour will take place in two segments, one prior to and one following the recently announced summer tour of the UK and Europe.

The cities IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER are:

Atlanta
Boston
Charlotte
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Houston
Indianapolis
Los Angeles
Miami
Montreal
New York
Philadelphia
San Diego
San Francisco
Santa Barbara
Seattle
St Louis
Tampa
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington DC

Exact dates and venues will be announced at a later date.

Anu said:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RADIOHEAD CONFIRMS NORTH AMERICAN TOUR MARKETS

With In Rainbows having debuted today at #1 on the U.S. charts, RADIOHEAD has confirmed the cities to be visited on the band's upcoming North American tour.

The tour will take place in two segments, one prior to and one following the recently announced summer tour of the UK and Europe.

The cities IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER are:

Atlanta
Boston
Charlotte
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Houston
Indianapolis
Los Angeles
Miami
Montreal
New York
Philadelphia
San Diego
San Francisco
Santa Barbara
Seattle
St Louis
Tampa
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington DC

Fuck. Has anyone ever even heard of Phoenix and Denver? I have to get on airplane again for Radiohead? :angry:

Anu said:
FOR IMMEDIATE MIAMI RELEASE

MIAMI RADIOHEAD MIAMI CONFIRMS MIAMI NORTH MIAMI AMERICAN MIAMI TOUR MIAMI MARKETS MIAMI

With In Rainbows having debuted today at #1 on the U.S. charts, RADIOHEAD has confirmed the cities to be visited on the band's upcoming MIAMI North American MIAMI tour.

The MIAMI tour will take place in two segments, one prior to and one following the recently announced summer tour of the UK and Europe.

The cities WHO CARES, MIAMI IS LISTED are:

Miami :combust:

MIAMI :combust: :combust:

:drool:

Yep, closest to me is Chicago...which I'm sure will be near impossible to get tickets for. :madspit:

intedomine said:

I want my money back.

I haven't even attempted mine, I'm afraid of screwing it up. Probably just gonna leave it alone.

I think it's amazing that Radiohead still had their album reach #1 on the charts, despite having the official download available for months.

Is the music industry paying attention?

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:

Fuck. Has anyone ever even heard of Phoenix and Denver? I have to get on airplane again for Radiohead? :angry:

Or Salt Lake, Vegas, Boise, anywhere between Texas and California.

The Boring-West fails us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom