RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HolyMeximofoJoe said:
My two cents for this thread:

In Rainbows > OK Computer

Every song is INCREDIBLE... Except for CD2 that's just meh imo...

It's still too early to tell for me.....

There is something a lot more feel-good about In Rainbows, something sweetly accessible about it, something delicious about tracks 2-9....Ok Computer has some cracking tunes on it and some top cohesion, still one of my top ten albums, though I have to be in a particular type of mood to enjoy it....

The songs from disk 2 do seem very b-side material, though if IR were to be extended by two songs, I'd be chucking Last Flowers and Bangers 'n Mash onto the album proper....

Go Slowly and Down Is The New Up seem a little unfinished to me, and four minute warning is Radiohead in auto-pilot, nothing remarkable about that song at all for me.

LemonMelon said:

I was staring at my computer an awful long time before I posted that... I still love OK Computer :sad:

But every song on In Rainbows just does it for me, there's nothing there that I've wanted to skip... I've been listening to it from front to back almost every day for 2 months... the only gripe I have is the way the drums sound for certain songs...
Also OK Computer has Fitter Happier and Climbing Up the Walls.... Fitter Happier is just there to set a mood while Climbing Up the Walls I feel pales in comparison to everything else on the album...Electioneering is a good song but not great, the same goes for The Tourist.... All the rest however are either mind blowing or great songs

As for CD 2... Last Flowers is just a step below the songs of CD1, 4MW is diminished cause of its production, and everything else is just OK

Of course my views can change... There was a silly phase where I was actually wondering if I preferred Pop to JT :|

Climbing Up the Walls is a fuckin' masterpiece and I'm tired of repeating that.

The last 2 minutes :drool: :drool: :drool:

djerdap said:
Climbing Up the Walls is a fuckin' masterpiece and I'm tired of repeating that.

The last 2 minutes :drool: :drool: :drool:

Agreed. :up: It's one of my favourites. It's so fucking creepy.

GibsonGirl said:

Agreed. :up: It's one of my favourites. It's so fucking creepy.

Thirded.

Everywhere you gooooo...I'll beee theeeeeere
Openup your skuuuuuuuul...I'll beee theeeeeere
cliimbing up the waa-ah-aaaaaaalls
cliimbing up the waa-ah-aaaaaaalls

can't believe no one posted this one yet...:ohmy:

Radiohead webcast on New Year’s Eve and Day
Posted on December 26th, 2007.

A special performance by Radiohead will be aired exclusively in the USA by Current TV on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. The band will be performing all of the tracks from its newest album, In Rainbows.

The broadcast is a taped, private, hour-long performance, which will run commercial-free on Current TV and on www.current.com simultaneously. Radiohead previously mentioned another webcast after their recent ‘Thumb’s Down’ webcast. Ed O’Brien said that they will be doing some more cover songs. One of them is most likely a track by Siouxsie and the Banshees. In the past week several webcast pictures were already posted over at Dead Air Space. “We are pleased to partner with Current for its innovative spirit” said Phil Costello, head of TBD Records, Radiohead’s US record label.

Broadcast times:
Current TV* (see below for distribution channels):
* December 31, 2007:
o 9 p.m. PST / 12 a.m. EST
o 10 p.m. PST / 1 a.m. EST
* January 1, 2008:
o 5 a.m. PST / 8 a.m. EST
o 6 p.m. PST / 9 p.m. EST

Webcast times:
www.current.com
* December 31, 2007: 9 p.m. PST / 12 a.m. EST

:yippie:

irdigi.jpg

irdigiback.jpg

irbookfront.jpg

irbookback.jpg

irstickers.jpg

ircdsleeve.jpg

irdisccomparison.jpg

irinnards.jpg

I was just at the record store picking up some vinyl. Right before checking out, I turned around to see their new releases shelf. Sure enough, the In Rainbows CD was sitting there.

Oh, I most definitely snapped it up. I feel special having it four days early.

Radiohead webcast broadcast update
Posted on December 27th, 2007.

The New Year’s Eve webcast, ‘Scotch Mist’ will not only be broadcast on Current TV in the USA as reported earlier. The one hour show will also air on Radiohead.tv.

Thom Yorke called the webcast “a wee celebration of the release of the physical manifestation of ‘in rainbows’”, which will be available on www.Radiohead.tv starting midnight (UK Time). Following that broadcast, it will appear on a variety of websites including YouTube, Spinner.com, Yahoo!, Facebook, and on TBD’s site for the band.

There is also a Radiohead In Rainbows podcast that will include the performance. Subscribe at Apple’s iTunes. And the Radiohead widget, where you can add the band to your site, profile, etc., will host the performance.

Probably not enough time to play new unheard songs, I guess. No "Burn the Witch," "Come to Your Senses" or anything, I suppose.

I like a gal who's willing to speak her mind ... even if she's full of it. :wink:

I don't often see/hear clips of Thom Yorke, so I was relieved when he started laughing at himself. My first question here was going to be, "Uh ... he's kidding, right? He doesn't actually talk like that, right?"

"It's not a very good precent to be setting for young people trying to get into the music industry"

Ok..................

Her response devalues her music.

:happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom