RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zootlesque said:
I simply cannot understand how so many people like the ordinary Reckoner and not the beautiful House Of Cards!

house of cards = boring..and a bit too long

reckoner = :drool: :drool:

How is HOC boring? It's one of the sonically busiest songs the band has ever done. There are vocal parts coming from everywhere at once. I'm not necessarily saying it's a good thing, but it sure isn't boring.

Zootlesque said:

YOU are drooling at Reckoner??? :eyebrow:

I remember you posting a mad smiley and asking "what do you guys see in Reckoner?"

He just makes up stuff to piss us off as he goes along. :wink:

I like HOC. I really do.

But you have to admit, it's their most adult contemporary tune ever. And this is usually not a good thing. But it's a good song on a record with 9 better songs, imo. :reject:

LemonMelon said:
How is HOC boring? It's one of the sonically busiest songs the band has ever done. There are vocal parts coming from everywhere at once. I'm not necessarily saying it's a good thing, but it sure isn't boring.

its too long and boring

:mad:

xaviMF22 said:

its too long and boring

:mad:

Denial, denial, DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Brian Wilson wishes he wrote that song.

xaviMF22 said:

house of cards = boring..and a bit too long

reckoner = :drool: :drool:

I like House Of Cards much better than I used to...just like the entire album. I actually had a weak moment a few weeks ago where I thought the whole thing was shit...thankfully, I rebounded the next day. :wink:

Rather than being a lusty, adult thing, I'm convinced HOC is actually about the end of the world, and civilization as we know it...which makes it a bit more interesting.

Listening to Last Flowers for the first time....the piano. :drool: :drool: :drool:

houseofcardsuz0.jpg

Zootlesque said:

Meh.. the longer album version is much better with the atmospherics and everything!

I tend to agree...but the atmospherics are almost everything. I've got a feeling Thom's haunting Mmmmms and Eeeeeeees may not translate as well live.

Zootlesque said:
I simply cannot understand how so many people like the ordinary Reckoner and not the beautiful House Of Cards!

Because Reckoner is a great song and House of Cards is shit.

It's not exactly quantum physics, is it now?

namkcuR said:
1.15 Step
2.Jigsaw Falling Into Place
3.Nude
4.Last Flowers
5.Faust Arp
6.Go Slowly
7.MK2(Interlude)
8.Reckoner
9.4 Minute Warning
10.All I Need
11.Down Is The New Up
12.MK1(Interlude)
13.Videotape

Dalton said:

1. 15 Step
2. Bodysnatchers
3. Bangers & Mash
4. Nude
5. Go Slowly
6. Weird Fishes/ Arpeggi
7. Last Flowers
8. All I Need
9. Faust Arp
10. Up On the Ladder
11. Reckoner
12. House of Cards
13. Jigsaw
14. MK2
15. 4 Minute Warning
16. MK1
17. Videotape

I'll check them both out, even if nam is missing Weird Fishes :( :wink:. Has anyone tried out my new order, too?

Last edited:
15 Step could be one of the best songs they've ever done.

I can't stop listening to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom