RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That mix is not bad. It's at least better than the album version. But I still think the all piano one with no drums is the best!

So, reports from a survey are suggesting 2/3 paid 'something' for this, with the average amount being about 4 Pounds. Of course the media appear to be taking the angle that 1/3 didn't pay a thing, but I think it's an outstanding result for Radiohead. (a) How many of that 1/3 wouldn't otherwise even have considered a Radiohead album, and (b) How many of that 1/3 would have downloaded it for free illegaly anyway?

Exactly. There'd be plenty knowing they'll definitely be buying the discbox thingy in a month, or the standard CD in January, and thus feeling completely fine about taking the download for free.
I think it's really a brilliant result. I'd love to see the final true stats on it all.

I paid about 4 to 4.5 pounds myself! Felt guilty about getting it for free since the band is offering the download themselves!

martha said:
And how many will buy the cd in January no matter what?

I'm definitely doing that.

If I can do it for Kanye, I can do it for Radiohead.

i might buy the CD. but not for me, i'd buy it for other friends who like myself, have not listened to radiohead in years. i can already think of a handful of friends of mine who would really enjoy this.

martha said:

*raises hand*

I will absolutely buy it. If it were in the store tomorrow, I'd go buy it even though I already paid for the download.

namkcuR said:
I can't believe Reckoner is so low on you guys' lists. 6th? 7th? How can it be that low?

:(

Well it's a good song on an album full of good songs :wink:

I do enjoy the live performances of Videotape, and they are better, but they're not that much better imo. I think it's an amazing song in any arrangement.

also no way Wolf at the Door is better than Videotape.

namkcuR said:
I can't believe Reckoner is so low on you guys' lists. 6th? 7th? How can it be that low?

:(

I'm with you. Reckoner is just drop dead gorgeous and while it's too early to say for sure, I have a feeling it could rank up there with some of my all-time favorite Radiohead songs. I've started skipping Faust Arp (even though I love it, too) just because going from All I Need to Reckoner is a little slice of heaven.

I played most of the record for my mother, and she liked it a lot too. I think All I Need won her over. Oh, that song is awesome. The string part in the second verse, combined with the xylophone (or bells, or whatever it is) gives me chills. House Of Cards, while being too busy under headphones, is glorious on speakers where it can fill the whole house. :love:

Rankings...

1. All I Need
2. House Of Cards
3. Nude
4. Bodysnatchers
5. Arpeggi
6. Faust Arp
7. 15 Step
8. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
9. Videotape
10. Reckoner

LemonMelon said:
I played most of the record for my mother, and she liked it a lot too. I think All I Need won her over. Oh, that song is awesome. The string part in the second verse, combined with the xylophone (or bells, or whatever it is) gives me chills. House Of Cards, while being too busy under headphones, is glorious on speakers where it can fill the whole house. :love:

Rankings...

1. All I Need
2. House Of Cards
3. Nude
4. Bodysnatchers
5. Arpeggi
6. Faust Arp
7. 15 Step
9. Videotape
10. Reckoner

Good grief! Reckoner in dead last place? WTF?! :ohmy: :sad: :(

What if like all but 5 people downloaded the million copies of in rainbows for free because they could. Would radiohead have punished us for failing their 'how much is music worth to you' test?

t8thgr8 said:
What if like all but 5 people downloaded the million copies of in rainbows for free because they could. Would radiohead have punished us for failing their 'how much is music worth to you' test?

The punishment would be no LP8 until 2017. :(

martha said:

And, how many of those who downloaded it for free are not fans, got it just because they can, and became turned on to Radiohead to the point of looking into their back catalogue. And how many of them will end up buying tickets to see them on tour?

Whichever way you slice it, money will be flowing in Radiohead's direction.

Perhaps only those who paid for the In Rainbows download would be rewarded with an LP8 access code. The rest would have to wait 10 years for it to come out in stores. :(

BTW, I intend to buy the CD in January. :up:

LemonMelon said:

Rankings...

1. All I Need
2. House Of Cards
3. Nude
4. Bodysnatchers
5. Arpeggi
6. Faust Arp
7. 15 Step
9. Videotape
10. Reckoner

My mom generally dislikes Thom's voice, but she really liked 15 Step and All I Need. I think I'll burn her a copy of the whole thing.

LemonMacPhisto said:

My mom generally dislikes Thom's voice, but she really liked 15 Step and All I Need. I think I'll burn her a copy of the whole thing.

your mother is cool man :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom