RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
martha said:

I'm glad we all agree. I don't think there's anything wrong with the songs on HTTT. The production suffers a little, but all the songs are great. I used to hate The Gloaming, but a few people (actually, I think it was zoomerang) made me see the errors of my ways.

I should be doing work right now. :uhoh: Fuck you, Radiohead! :love:

Jigsaw Falling into Place is slowly becoming my favorite song on the album. The only track that I'm not really sold on is Videotape, mainly because it's not a satisfying enough ending for me, especially since the rest of the album pwns out the ass.

Still Reckoner for me. If they put this song on the radio, it would be a smash. Not that that matters. It's a fucking incredible song.

House Of Cards :combust:

It is by far my favorite song on the album! But I love pretty much every song here except for the slaughtered Videotape. Also, I think I got a little bored of the song by listening to the demo version a number of times.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Jigsaw Falling into Place is slowly becoming my favorite song on the album. The only track that I'm not really sold on is Videotape, mainly because it's not a satisfying enough ending for me, especially since the rest of the album pwns out the ass.

:drool:

lazarus said:
I took the live version from Toronto that Xavi was kind enough to share, and edited it to remove most of the crowd noise. It fades in at the beginning and out at the end, which I think fits the song better anyway.

There's a couple big whistles that I was unfortunately unable to get rid of, but you work with what you have. I haven't tried listening to the whole album yet with this substituted for the new version, but I'll give it a try.

For anyone who's interested:

http://www.s endsp ace.com/file/j2pvk8

very interesting :hmm:

OK Computa - 5 Stars
Kid A - 4.5 stars
HTTT - 4 stars
Amnesiac - 3.5 stars
The Bends - 2 stars
Pablo Honey - never heard, don't even want to

Too early to judge In rainbows yet, but it continues to grow on me, possibly 4+

intedomine said:
OK Computa - 5 Stars
Kid A - 4.5 stars
HTTT - 4 stars
Amnesiac - 3.5 stars
The Bends - 2 stars
Pablo Honey - never heard, don't even want to

Too early to judge In rainbows yet, but it continues to grow on me, possibly 4+

I don't think its better than KID A or OK Computer but it is good enough to stand up on its own.

This is RH's third masterpiece :drool:

Before the album was released, I thought Videotape would be the best song on the album and a great closer. Now I think it's the worst and totally unremarkable. How the hell did they think adding drums was a good idea??? :huh: Maybe they felt the piano version sounded a bit too same-y like a demo. But these rolling drums just go on forever and that's what makes it annoying. I wouldn't have minded so much if the drums were used sparsely.

As for how it ranks with the other albums, it's too soon to tell. I still like Hail To The Thief a lot!

15 Step is my new MySpace song. :drool:

At least until I find Bodysnatchers, Arpeggi, or Jigsaw.

I'm surprised you all don't like Videotape :huh: I think it's absolutely beautiful and I love how it sort of builds up but never reaches a full crescendo. I guess that's most people's beef with it. But I think it's perfect like that. Though the drum sound is a bit weird, I've at least gotten used to it.

ranking songs just for fun
1. All I Need
2. Bodysnatchers
3. Videotape
4. 15 Step
5. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
6. Reckoner
7. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
8. Nude
9. House of Cards
10. Faust Arp

AtomicBono said:
I'm surprised you all don't like Videotape :huh: I think it's absolutely beautiful and I love how it sort of builds up but never reaches a full crescendo. I guess that's most people's beef with it. But I think it's perfect like that. Though the drum sound is a bit weird, I've at least gotten used to it.

ranking songs just for fun
1. All I Need
2. Bodysnatchers
3. Videotape
4. 15 Step
5. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
6. Reckoner
7. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
8. Nude
9. House of Cards
10. Faust Arp

I'm just indifferent about it, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth as the closer, especially after hearing the versions Xavi posted earlier. I wonder how Videotape -> All I Need will sound together... I'll tweak the tracklisting and post it here later.

Because I have nothing else better to do, song rankings after Day 1:

1. All I Need
2, Jigsaw Falling into Place
3, Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
4, 15 Step
5. Nude
6. Bodysnatchers
7. Reckoner
8. Faust Arp
9. House of Cards
10. Videotape

xaviMF22 said:

if I had a myspace...I'd join you :wink:

I found Jigsaw. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:
Fuck you, Radiohead! :love:

I agree. All I want is to have one thought that doesn't end with "You are all I want ...."

Here's a sample of my brain the last 8 hours.

"Huh, I'm getting hungry - you are all I want"

"I've gotta run to the bank before it closes - you are all I want."

Annoying.
:wink:

OK what does everyone think about this version of Videotape?

http://download.you send it.com/DD9DC94636E592C8

I think its better...the drums are there..

and it has does cool noises from Ed at the beginning :wink:

Download and tell me what you think

LemonMacPhisto said:
Did you mix that yourself, Xavi?

no..some guy did it a year ago or something :wink:

I didn't like it then...but thats how it should have sounded on the album :mad:

so I like it now..and I think it fits in nicely :wink:

The ending does a little more for me and goes pretty well into 15 Step, so it's an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom