RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cdisantis83 said:
I personally began with OK Computer, which I thought to be exquisite in every way, then moved to The Bends, which I knew from alternative radio but had never listened to in its entirety. I then happened across Kid A; upon first listen, I thought it to be inscrutable rubbish. I was, however, intrigued, and subsequent listens brought me to regard it as brilliant. There is my personal Radiohead story.

It's not all that personal. It's exactly the same as mine. :lol:

LemonMelon said:

It's not all that personal. It's exactly the same as mine. :lol:

Mine, too! Except I was hopelessly in love with Kid A from the first listen, and I didn't happen upon it, I went out and bought it right away after seeing Radiohead perform The National Anthem live on TV and then staying up all night thinking about how it was the greatest thing I'd ever seen in my life and why aren't record stores open in the middle of the night. But the order of records was exactly the same.

Last edited:
I think I started with Bends and then moved on to OK and didn't hear anything else till some time in 2005 when I got Kid A and it blew me the fuck away! Then came Amnesiac, Hail and Pablo esp. the first 2 in quick succession!

My resistance to getting Kid A was based solely on reviews and stuff I read that said there's no guitars anymore, it sucks blah blah blah. How wrong I was!

Lancemc said:
Guitars can blow me.

thump thump click
thump thump click wooosh
thump thump click skip
There are barn doors
thump thump click woosh
And there are revolving doors
thump click thump skip
Doors in the rudders of big ships
wooooooooooosh thump click

:dance:

How to Disappear Completely was the song that brought me to give Kid A a second chance, and for that alone I am eternally grateful to it (and, I suppose, to Michael Stipe for inspiring it).

joyfulgirl said:

Oh. That Loveless. :reject:

I just skimmed the discussion and thought you guys were talking about some secret Radiohead song called Loveless. :lol:

Yeah, I do have it.

But how did you know that?! You're freaking me out, mofo.

My priorities are all screwed up. People's names, important facts, and words I've learned in other languages, I can't remember. People's opinions on music or CDs they've purchased on the other hand, I don't forget.

For example, I think I remember you saying you didn't like the production on Loveless and wish they'd remaster it.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I think I'll start with The Bends and then OK Computer

LemonMelon said:

thump thump click
thump thump click wooosh
thump thump click skip
There are barn doors
thump thump click woosh
thump click thump skip
Doors in the rudders of big ships
wooooooooooosh thump click

:dance:

Pulk/Pull >>> Knives Out

lazarus said:
Pyramid Song FTW, followed closely by Life in a Glass House.

The question is, is Pyramid better than All I Need?

:scratch:

Thank you, someone else who loves Life in a Glasshouse. I find it completely sublime and the perfect closer for Amnesiac.

All I Need > Pyramid Song by a small margin for me. It takes me from A to B faster.

Lancemc said:
All I Need > Pyramid Song, but I'm not really too crazy about Pyramid Song. :shrug:

LemonMelon said:
All I Need > Pyramid Song, but such a question is cruel.

LemonMacPhisto said:
All I Need > Pyramid Song by a small margin for me. It takes me from A to B faster.

Nothing to fear, nothing to doubt, guys.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
Thank you, someone else who loves Life in a Glasshouse. I find it completely sublime and the perfect closer for Amnesiac.

I think their best closing track, at least in context of the album if not outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom