RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancemc said:
I wouldn't call Monster noise...it's just a lot of loud guitars most of the time. :slant:

Are you defining noise as strictly shoegaze?

I dont know much shoegazing stuff but Blur's She's So High is :drool:

Stone Roses' Ten Storey Love Song :drool:

Not just shoegaze. But there's a line between just loud distorted guitar playing, and creating noise. I only think Monster crosses that a few times at most, and likely then by accident.

Zootlesque said:

I haven't seen you make a thread in quite some time I think. :hmm:

:wink:

You have your thread.

It's a sin to accept Loveless for free. Just go buy it. Buy it on CD. Buy it on vinyl. Buy it on cassette. Buy posters of it. Listen to it all the time. Buy the rest of MBV's catalog. Watch videos of MBV on Youtube. Be like me.

Lancemc said:
Not just shoegaze. But there's a line between just loud distorted guitar playing, and creating noise. I only think Monster crosses that a few times at most, and likely then by accident.

Would you consider some Smashing Pumpkins as noise? :hmm: esp. stuff from Siamese Dream?

Thanks LM! :rockon:

Well, I'm not going to call any particular act or album "Noise", but the Pumpkins definitely do experiment with noise a lot. At least some of what I've heard of them...I'm not exactly a fan.

damn, I'm late to this discussion!

I was wondering why an R.E.M. album ranking thread appeared out of nowhere.

And Lance, I think Up has more diversity and consistency than Automatic, but I don't know if Up has anything on it as good as Sweetness Follows, Nightswimming, and esp. Find the River. Of course, it doesn't have anything as bad as Ignoreland or Monty Got a Raw Deal, either.

So I half agree with you.

Radiohead excel at the depressing subject matter better than REM. But REM have more of a happy balance! Sad Professor and Imitation Of Life are at the 2 opposite sides of the spectrum. With In Rainbows, Radiohead definitely seem to be coming closer to achieving that happy balance!

Not if you keep totally lying about how Radiohead is better than REM. Then we are not friends. :mad:

It's not nice to lie. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom