RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elevated_u2_fan said:
I had no idea they were interested in making music like this...

:lol: Me neither. I'm not surprised by this record, per se, but I am blown away by its goodness.

I'm predicting this album to be a major success for the band on all levels. The stars are aligning, and this will likely be the "right place at the right time" record that Radiohead and the music industry at large so badly needs. Radiohead is about to become really popular again.

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

Sorry to deviate, but I want to hear about this.

The Shins were great. This was the second show this year for their hometown crowd, after a long absence. The first show was in a club they used to play in way back when and was heavy on their earlier material, practically ignoring Wincing, but it was clear why--this was a show for the fans who supported them before they got big. That was a really exciting show. Last night was a theatre show and was more oriented towards the newer material. They are a really tight live band and much more rocking than you'd think (as you probably know since you've seen them).

And their light show was very rainbowy (to bring this back to the topic at hand). :)

Listening to In Rainbows on the late night drive home under the big desert sky was bliss.

elevated_u2_fan said:
I have to say so far from a promotional stand-point it has been pure genius... They spent $0 on promoting this album, the media did it all for them.

genius I tell you :drool:

genius :wink:

lazarus said:
Can I just say that I love the way you can hear the pick scrape against the guitar strings in Nude?

I've had this on repeat for so long my ears hurt from having the headphones on.

I love that too

Jonny :drool:

Nude :love:

This evening, In Rainbows will get the ultimate test, the "crank it so loud your eardrums disintegrate" test. It made the Bends better, maybe it will do the same for IR.

LemonMelon said:
This evening, In Rainbows will get the ultimate test, the "crank it so loud your eardrums disintegrate" test. It made the Bends better, maybe it will do the same for IR.

take bodysnatchers to 11 :rockon:

I think the early version of Reckoner would have destroyed my speakers had I turned it up past about 6. ;)

I've never heard the old Reckoner. I don't think I want to. I only want this Reckoner to be in my mind when I think 'Reckoner'.

namkcuR said:
I've never heard the old Reckoner. I don't think I want to. I only want this Reckoner to be in my mind when I think 'Reckoner'.

You're probably better off. I tend to prefer the new version, but the old one had its merits.

RECKONER PA PA PA :rockon:

Jonny needs to be let lose on the guitar some more :mad:

I can't wait to hear bangers and mash :drool:

that cool riff :drool:

:drool: The bonus disc will be sweeeet. I wish a two disc would come out for 30 bucks or so. I'd buy it. :(

I went ahead and clicked on that YouTube link.

Old Reckoner is pretty shitty, at least that performance.

The guitar parts sound similar to Bodysnatchers anyway, and Bodysnatchers is better.

Album Reckoner >> Old Reckoner

elevated_u2_fan said:
i just realized as I was doing the "your favorite 10 bands" thread that this album has turned me into a crazy Radiohead fan... I'm going to have to start collecting the singles now I guess.

Radiohead >> everyone :tsk:

I've been saying that since day one :wink:

Every time I think I like something better than All I Need, I hear that last minute where the piano gets louder and everything builds and I realize that music just doesn't get much better than this.

After 36 hours and double-digit listens, I might have to go out on a limb and declare this the best album in several years.

Wow, I sound like one of those hyperbole people.

I think this is listen 8 for me...it'll be into the double-digits by the end of the day. This is definitely the best album in quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom