RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

I say Kid A and IR are tied. :wink: Bends is back a little further.

Bends is highly underrated (and Kid A overrated) on atease though, so that poll doesn't represent the populous very well.

cause true ateasers know kid a is better :grumpy:

make a poll..and you'll see most will still choose KID A :drool:

xaviMF22 said:

cause true ateasers know kid a is better :grumpy:

make a poll..and you'll see most will still choose KID A :drool:

Well, duh. Kid A is the atease Bible. The center of the cult, if you will. OKC vs. IR would be much more interesting. You should start that one. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Well, duh. Kid A is the atease Bible. The center of the cult, if you will. OKC vs. IR would be much more interesting. You should start that one. :wink:

IR stands no chance :tsk:

OKC is one of the best things this band has ever done.

IR is RH's 3rd masterpiece :wink:

You know I prefer OK Computer to basically everything, even IR. I would have to agree that it stands no chance. At this point, the atease rankings look like this:

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. Amnesiac
5. The Bends :sad:
6. Hail To The Thief
7. Pablo Honey

I don't get the love for There There. It's definitely good, but it's not that good. It's not even the best song on Hail imo :shrug:

i think maybe the amount of times ive listened to this album in such a short period is bordering on unhealthy :shifty: im thinking about buying icky thump just so i dont radiohead overdose...if thats even possible

also no way is Amnesiac better than The Bends. Amnesiac and Hail are about equal imo. and they're both just a little better than poor Pablo Honey.

The Bends frickin OWNS. Can't believe those uptight hipster wannabes on atease can't recognize its brilliance. :eyebrow:

AtomicBono said:
I don't get the love for There There. It's definitely good, but it's not that good. It's not even the best song on Hail imo :shrug:

i think maybe the amount of times ive listened to this album in such a short period is bordering on unhealthy :shifty: im thinking about buying icky thump just so i dont radiohead overdose...if thats even possible

also no way is Amnesiac better than The Bends. Amnesiac and Hail are about equal imo. and they're both just a little better than poor Pablo Honey.

There There is brilliant :drool:

it made Thom cry :(

those drums :drool:

xaviMF22 said:

one of his finest vocals performances :mad:

:huh: It's one of his low-points, really. The song is a rocker, and his voice is barely strong enough to keep up. Compare it to Bodysnatchers, where he controls the song.

LemonMelon said:

:huh: It's one of his low-points, really. The song is a rocker, and his voice is barely strong enough to keep up. Compare it to Bodysnatchers, where he controls the song.

nope nope nope

go listen to it again :tsk:

and Thom's sining on bodysnatchers is pretty meh

he could never really nail the singing on it...live or on record :(

xaviMF22 said:

nope nope nope

go listen to it again :tsk:

and Thom's sining on bodysnatchers is pretty meh

he could never really nail the singing on it...live or on record :(

You're biased. Just because it's a good song doesn't mean Thom steps it up. :tsk:

I prefer his vocals on Punchup, actually.

xaviMF22 said:

you mean the lack of his vocals :scratch:

live Ed would sing the song..but on record..they completely ruined it :mad:

no Ed :(

Yeah, I must have been thinking of the live versions. :(

Who does the falsetto in the intro? Doesn't sound like Thom...

xaviMF22 said:

I say they're tied

this album is great but its not better than OKC or KID A

Then again nothing is better than KID A :drool:

I agree.

Records like OKC (and Achtung Baby) are practically miracles in an artist's career. It's not even really fair to compare anything else to them.

OKC and Kid A are masterpieces IMO, whereas IR is a great, great record. Hard to imagine I'll ever love anything as much as I love Kid A.

it's too early to really judge if In Rainbows is better than the true classics...but I think IR may end up being a classic too :up:

yikes, if atease is proclaiming in rainbows better than ok computer, im kinda glad i haven't been there in two weeks. though most of the people who post in the main forum are complete sycophants anyway, so it's not surprising.

and thom's vocals on there there are perfect. in fact, everything about that song is perfect. while it's not my absolute favourite radiohead song, if i had to sum the band up with one song (impossible) i would choose there there.

AND ed does awesome background vocals! i wish he were on more studio tracks. actually, ed's about the only thing i like about the recorded version of arpeggi.

I wonder to what extent the comparisons to OK Computer and Kid A are products of the sheer excitement surrounding the release. In Rainbows is a damn strong album, and, I might say, is becoming more so with each listen, but I really do not think that its reputation will remain in the same strata as the other two (or The Bends, for that matter) after the immediate exhilaration has subsided.
In a related note, Reckoner has officially assumed the distinction of best song on the album for me.

bollox said:
though most of the people who post in the main forum are complete sycophants anyway, so it's not surprising.

I think "prick" would be a more fitting term. :slant:

I am underwhelmed at Yorkie's vocal on Bodysnatchers. It starts off amazing, but then just deteriorates into Yorkie's ugly wailing, which is a shame cause the instrumental groove of Bodysnatcheers is so seductive.

Am realy liking this album it is more instant than some other albums wich took me some time to appreciate like Kid A.

Althoght that drum beat in Videotape is terrible very anoying a real let down seemed like it would be a nice album closer.

Am loving Nude and Reckoner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom